FG delegation visits Leah Sharibu’s mother
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has assured the families of kidnapped Dapchi schoolgirl Leah Sharibu and two abducted aid workers that the Federal Government will leave no stone unturned to secure their release, according to Punch.
In Dapchi, the delegation, which also included the Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, who also oversees Women Affairs, Hajiya Aisha Abubakar and the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Hajiya Abba Ibrahim, met with Mrs Rebecca Sharibu, Mother of Leah, as well as other members of their family at an emotion-laden ceremony.
Mohammed said in a statement in Abuja on Saturday, that President Muhammadu Buhari sent the delegation as a follow-up to his phone call to Leah’s mother a few days ago, adding that the government will not rest until Leah has been reunited with her family.
The statement said that excited students of the Government Girls Science and Technical College, Dapchi, from where Leah and about 109 of her colleagues were abducted on February 19, 2018, trooped out to welcome the delegation when the chopper that ferried them to Dapchi landed in the school premises.
Earlier, the statement also said that delegation also met with the families of the three aid workers who were abducted in March 2018.
At the meeting, which was said to have held in the Borno State Government House, Mohammed reassured them of the Government’s efforts to secure the release of the two that remained in captivity, Alice Loksha and Amina Liman.
He also condoled with the parents of the third aid worker, Saifura Hussaini Ahmed, who was killed by her abductors last month.
The minister said this is a trying time for the government and people of Borno State, but praised the government’s resilience in tackling the challenges arising from the Boko Haram insurgency.
The Deputy Governor of Borno, Alhaji Usman Durkwa, who received the delegation, expressed gratitude to President Buhari for sending the delegation to the state, saying this shows that the President is a true leader.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Atiku: The Opposition Candidate Gaining Momentum In Nigeria 2019 Election Race
- Group faults Atiku, Buhari emergence
- CR7 ,Zidane exits stun Real Madrid star Modric
- Vincent Kompany’s father becomes Belgium’s first black mayor
- Lawan, Akpabio, others in stir bedlam in Senate
- Atiku: 40% Of My Cabinet Will Be Women and Youths
- New Ekiti State Governor Fayemi Declares Free Education
- Pre-wedding Photos Of A Nigerian Couple Who Love Football
- Student centered learning- not focusing on tests
- Italy in the maelstrom of the euro
- Canada legalises Marijuana
- IITA floats five-year plan to raise Nigeria’s cocoa productivity
- House of Rep downsizes Ministerial Cabinet
- NPA has no hand in delay of cargo clearance, says NPA boss
- Nigerian Army to battle cyber-attack-Chief of Army Staff
- Saraki & Akpabio Clash: Senate In Rowdy Session
- Fayose Dares EFCC: If You Have Any Case Let's Go To Court
- Only 8 Parties Have Submitted Lists of Candidates, says INEC
- Single Men and Ladies Already Registering For Olu Famous Rescue-Mission (OFR)
- Long wait for business as TSTV dealers demands for refunds
- Fuel subsidy: Senate launches fresh investigation
- N4.7bn fraud: Fayose has a case to answer, says EFCC
- Nigerian Actor Blossom's Wife Suffers Serious Burns After She Poured Hot Water On Her Body (Photos)
- Throwback Photo Of Patience Ozokwor As A Teenage Girl
- Lagos Landlord Arrested For Defiling Tenant's 5 Sons (Photo)
- Bus Recovered After Plunging Into River; Passengers Missing, Some Rescued Unconscious
- Why We Complained About Peter Obi As Atiku's Vice President
- Jobless Man Nabbed For Allegedly Killing Brother Over Mother's Property
- Nude Bath Video of Osun Lawmaker: Update From The Court
- Woman Steals Her Family Friend's Children... she's on the run
- We won’t accept less than N30,000 minimum wage - Labour
- Politician Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg
- APC & Police Colluding To Scuttle My Election Petition – Senator Adeleke
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Warri-Itakpe-Ajaokuta Rail Line Completed...
- Lady Reveals How Nigerian Pastor S*xually Assaulted Her In South Africa (Photos)
- Fayose Told By EFCC Officers To Return N1.3Billion & Go Home
- Governor Ganduje Asked To Resign Over Video Of $5m Bribe
- Adeleke Files Petition, Asks Tribunal To Declare Him Governor
- Single Mum Arrested Over N3.8m... she says it’s for her upkeep