The Khanna police in India arrested a Nigerian national and seized 300 gm of heroin Monday, October 8.
The accused was identified as Obizi Chiko Mej, who was currently living in Phase-3, Om Vihar, Uttam Nagar, Delhi.
He was arrested from Neelon Canal bridge in Samrala area after he stepped down from a bus.
Khanna Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Dhruv Dahiya said a police team led by Samrala SHO Manjit Singh laid a naka near Neelon Canal Bridge, Samrala.
The SSP said the accused alighted from a bus and was going towards Neelon Khurd village. On suspicion, the police stopped Obizi, who was on food, for checking and recovered 300-gm heroin from his possession.
A case under Sections 21, 61 and 85 of the NDPS Act has been registered against the accused. According to the SSP, the accused had brought the consignment from Delhi side was going towards Ludhiana, but was arrested by the Samrala police.
The accused was presented in a court for further action Tuesday, October 9.
The SSP said the Khanna police had arrested 12 international smugglers in the past six months and recovered 4.8-kg heroin, 47-gm cocaine, 18-gm ICE-Drug and 15-gm psychotropic powder from their possession.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Saudi Arabia admits missing journalist died in Consulate
- N8.86bn debt: Bank battles late billionaire’s family
- Tenis star Sharapova confirms romance with Prince william
- Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd is a typical Torres at Chelsea – Carragher
- Copa del’ Rey decisive fixtures
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- EFCC stacks allegation, evidence against Fayose in court
- 900 retirees die waiting for pension
- Ooni Reveals Why He Married A Prophetess (Photos)
- Fayose Charged With Fraud By EFCC, Moved To Lagos
- Delta State University Graduate Climbs A Mast After Running Mad (Photo)
- I Don’t Know Bola Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo
- Windscreens Cracked As Hailstones Rain Down On Cars From The Sky In Abuja
- Minimum Wage: Ngge Says Labour Can't Dictate To Govt.
- Police Drags Adeleke To Court, Says "We're Not Aware Of Kemi Adeosun Forgery"
- N2.1bn Case: Face Dasuki, Not I - Dokpesi Tells Court
- Amosun Dares APC, Insists On Handing Over To His Candidate
- See Reactions To Nnamdi Kanu's Appearance In Jerusalem
- Photos Of VP Osinbajo Visiting Bayelsa Flood Victims
- Popular Actor Okon Lagos and His Beautiful Wife Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- SFU exposes bank staffers, criminals forging ATM cards
- Splinter group emerges in APC
- 2019: Buhari remembers Jonathan, tells Kannywood his surprise
- Usain Bolt, Valletta contract goes south
- Injured trio return to training for Liverpool
- Brazil to inject $1.1bn into Nigeria’s agriculture, says envoy
- Musa skips his game to sort out family matter
- Billikisu is NWPL referee of the week
- Uber announces new safety toolkit app for operators
- UBA posts all-time high gross earnings for Q3
- FG proposes N8.6trn for 2019, plans tighter fiscal plan
- Nollywood actor, Lawyer task Federal government on qualitative education
- Ekiti: Fayose tackles Fayemi, DMO over debt profile
- Volunteer Medical Corps ready for 2018 conference
- 95% of workers in mega firms think their cybersecurity culture is poor — report