– Onjeh also said President Buhari was an epitome of integrity, transparency, and accountability, while Atiku was the contrary
– The APC senatorial candidate advised Nigerians to avoid sentiments and to disregard propaganda by those desperate to return to power by all means
Daniel Onjeh, an All Progressives Congress (APC) Benue South Senatorial candidate has said that former Vice President Atiku Abubakar is not a threat to President Muhammadu Buhari’s chances of re-election in 2019.
Onjeh, who is the Board Chairman Project Development Institute (PRODA) and a former President National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), stated this on Friday, October 12, in Abuja, while speaking with newsmen.
He spoke at the APC national secretariat, adding that while President Buhari was an epitome of integrity, transparency, and accountability, Atiku was the contrary.
He noted that Buhari`s exemplary qualities and leadership disposition informed his recent adoption by the African Union as the continent’s Anti-corruption Champion.
Atiku is a man whose source of wealth is a mystery hidden in “a pandora’s box of riddles“, Onjeh said.
“Atiku oversaw Obasanjo’s administration’s opaque privatisation process, and has allegations of several misdemeanours hanging over his head.
“The name Atiku also featured prominently in the criminal investigation of an African-American congressman who was later sentenced to jail,” Onjeh said.
This, he added was the reason the United States Embassy in Nigeria refused to grant him visa.
He noted that the Nigerian Government, through its revenue generating Ports Authority (NPA), recently recovered billions in unpaid and underpaid charges from a business entity owned by Atiku.
Onjeh, however, recalled that since coming to public life, Buhari had been above board, adding that his determined and focused fight against corruption had elicited a sustained, vigorous, and well-funded campaign of calumny and media lynching against his person and office.
He, therefore, advised Nigerians to avoid sentiments and to disregard propaganda by those desperate to return to power by all means because they knew that another term for Buhari meant jail for them.
“To their eternal shame, their assets would be confiscated and shared out to the poor. This realisation has driven them to a state of extreme desperation; they will do anything to fight back.
“Nigerians should not be deceived. They are ganging up against President Buhari because they will all be made to account for their ill-gotten wealth if he is re-elected,“ he said.
He stressed that for those yearning for true change and liberation from the shackles of corrupt godfathers and callous cabals, Buhari’s re-election in 2019 was a moral imperative.
Onjeh expressed optimism that not only would Buhari`s re-election in 2019 record significant gains in the war against corruption, the provision of world class infrastructure, improve security and stability would be ensured if he was re-elected.
“Above all, it will pave the way for the youth to vie for the highest offices in the land in 2023. Atiku has never been and will never be a threat to Buhari in 2019,” Onjeh argued.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
NAIJ.com previously reported that Professor Danny McCain, ambassador, Global Scholars from the United States of America, has said the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), President Muhammadu Buhari, and that of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), former vice president Atiku Abubakar, must accept the outcome of the 2019 presidential election to avoid bloodshed in the country.
Speaking on Friday, October 12, in Abuja, at the 9th annual Independence lecture with the theme: “The Nigeria of our Dream,” organised by The Change we NEED Nigeria Initiative, McCain said every vote must count, Nigeria Tribune reports.
He said the outcome of the election must reflect the aspirations of the people. He further expressed optimism that the next election would be peaceful as demonstrated by the former president Goodluck Jonathan when he accepted defeat and stepped down.
Is Atiku the Right Man to Defeat President Buhari? 2019 Election – Nigeria Street Gist On NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Boko Haram: ICC accuses Nigerian security forces of war crimes
- Arrest of Atiku’s son, tales by mischief makers – EFCC
- 2019: Saraki Urges INEC, security agencies, stakeholders to ensure credible elections
- Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit to hit $878b by 2040 – SEC DG
- I thank Watford family for believing in me—–Isaac Success
- Palace ‘interested in signing Moses with Chelsea for £12m
- 19th NSF: Toriola Oshonaike crashed out of Table tennis mixed double
- I Weep For President Buhari, His Wife Has Cried Out Endlessly - Dele Momodu
- Check Out Emirates' 'Diamond-encrusted' Airplane Going Viral Online (Photos)
- Luiz keen on Chelsea’s stay
- Oil marketers dare FG, shut down depots
- Christianity under siege in China
- Oil marketers suspend strike, gives FG 5-day grace
- Banks spend N555bn in nine months for customers’ relations
- Govenor Amosun in urgent meeting with Buhari
- Access Bank bags CBN’s Award
- 2019 Election: Senate declares public hearing on vote-buying
- AMCON says asset management partners to help recover N740bn
- DMO enlists support of sub-national entities in managing Nigeria’s rising public debt
- Brilliant Nigerian Lady Abisoye Wins CNN Heroes Awards 2018
- Sharing Trader Moni Weeks To Election Is Vote Buying - Dogara
- EFCC Reveals Why They Raided Atiku's Sons Apartment
- Nigeria's GDP Rises To 1.81% In Third Quarter, After Falling From 7% Since 2016
- Offa robbery: Police debunks report on missing stolen money
- 2019: Buhari’s arrests Sowore’s supporters
- 2019: Buhari’s arrests Sowore’s supporters
- Riverplate Clinch Copa Libertadores After Edging Out Boca
- FIFA & France Sign Agreement on African Football
- Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Him - Jimi Agbaje
- Seriously? Human Bones Found Buried in Front of Popular Hotel in Lagos
- See Actor Gideon Okeke Getting His Lips Stitched After Being Brutalized By Policemen In Lagos
- I Was Aspiring To Be Chief Of Staff But God Turned The Table Around - Sanwo-Olu
- Atiku's Sons Apartment Raided By EFCC In Abuja
- Senator kicks against overriding Buhari’s veto
- Buhari constitutes committee on state’s judiciary autonomy
- Woman Brutally Attacked by Robbers on Her Way from Church in Rivers (Photos)
- True Story Of Metele Attacks - Surviving Soldier Reveals What Really Happened
- Money Rituals: Man Who Asked For Human Head Busted
- Winners Members Narrowly Escape Death While Returning From Shiloh (Photos)
- Buhari Worried over 2019, to Meet APC Governors, Oshiomhole