– Onjeh also said President Buhari was an epitome of integrity, transparency, and accountability, while Atiku was the contrary
– The APC senatorial candidate advised Nigerians to avoid sentiments and to disregard propaganda by those desperate to return to power by all means
Daniel Onjeh, an All Progressives Congress (APC) Benue South Senatorial candidate has said that former Vice President Atiku Abubakar is not a threat to President Muhammadu Buhari’s chances of re-election in 2019.
Onjeh, who is the Board Chairman Project Development Institute (PRODA) and a former President National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), stated this on Friday, October 12, in Abuja, while speaking with newsmen.
He spoke at the APC national secretariat, adding that while President Buhari was an epitome of integrity, transparency, and accountability, Atiku was the contrary.
He noted that Buhari`s exemplary qualities and leadership disposition informed his recent adoption by the African Union as the continent’s Anti-corruption Champion.
Atiku is a man whose source of wealth is a mystery hidden in “a pandora’s box of riddles“, Onjeh said.
“Atiku oversaw Obasanjo’s administration’s opaque privatisation process, and has allegations of several misdemeanours hanging over his head.
“The name Atiku also featured prominently in the criminal investigation of an African-American congressman who was later sentenced to jail,” Onjeh said.
This, he added was the reason the United States Embassy in Nigeria refused to grant him visa.
He noted that the Nigerian Government, through its revenue generating Ports Authority (NPA), recently recovered billions in unpaid and underpaid charges from a business entity owned by Atiku.
Onjeh, however, recalled that since coming to public life, Buhari had been above board, adding that his determined and focused fight against corruption had elicited a sustained, vigorous, and well-funded campaign of calumny and media lynching against his person and office.
He, therefore, advised Nigerians to avoid sentiments and to disregard propaganda by those desperate to return to power by all means because they knew that another term for Buhari meant jail for them.
“To their eternal shame, their assets would be confiscated and shared out to the poor. This realisation has driven them to a state of extreme desperation; they will do anything to fight back.
“Nigerians should not be deceived. They are ganging up against President Buhari because they will all be made to account for their ill-gotten wealth if he is re-elected,“ he said.
He stressed that for those yearning for true change and liberation from the shackles of corrupt godfathers and callous cabals, Buhari’s re-election in 2019 was a moral imperative.
Onjeh expressed optimism that not only would Buhari`s re-election in 2019 record significant gains in the war against corruption, the provision of world class infrastructure, improve security and stability would be ensured if he was re-elected.
“Above all, it will pave the way for the youth to vie for the highest offices in the land in 2023. Atiku has never been and will never be a threat to Buhari in 2019,” Onjeh argued.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
NAIJ.com previously reported that Professor Danny McCain, ambassador, Global Scholars from the United States of America, has said the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), President Muhammadu Buhari, and that of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), former vice president Atiku Abubakar, must accept the outcome of the 2019 presidential election to avoid bloodshed in the country.
Speaking on Friday, October 12, in Abuja, at the 9th annual Independence lecture with the theme: “The Nigeria of our Dream,” organised by The Change we NEED Nigeria Initiative, McCain said every vote must count, Nigeria Tribune reports.
He said the outcome of the election must reflect the aspirations of the people. He further expressed optimism that the next election would be peaceful as demonstrated by the former president Goodluck Jonathan when he accepted defeat and stepped down.
Is Atiku the Right Man to Defeat President Buhari? 2019 Election – Nigeria Street Gist On NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- FG proposes N8.6trn for 2019, plans tighter fiscal plan
- Nollywood actor, Lawyer task Federal government on qualitative education
- Ekiti: Fayose tackles Fayemi, DMO over debt profile
- Volunteer Medical Corps ready for 2018 conference
- 95% of workers in mega firms think their cybersecurity culture is poor — report
- FG mandates NCC to ensure even distribution of broadband in Nigeria
- Nigeria to cut down on borrowing spree
- Suspended coach back for NFF/CBN competition
- Girl Who Was R*ped By Lecturer & His Son Has Died (Photos)
- Tinubu Buys Part Of Intels Shares From Atiku?
- See Bishop Oyedepo's Mandate Estate (Photos)
- Did You Know? Eating Too Much Fruits Causes Diabetes
- Governor Ganduje In Trouble As Kano Assembly Begins Action
- First Photos of Ooni Of Ife With His Beautiful Bride in His Palace
- Fayose's Lawyer Reveals What He's Doing To Get Him Out
- Buhari Hosts Kannywood Actors In Aso Rock (Photos)
- PHOTOS: Nnamdi Kanu Spotted In Jerusalem
- APC Defies INEC, Submits Candidates For Zamfara
- Dangerous drug for diabetes, cancer in circulation, says NIA
- Oni of Ife sets for another marriage
- 2019: PDP agenda for Saraki forwarded to INEC
- Presidential race 2019: Re-structuring a condition for supporting any candidate – Aare Ganiyu Adams
- Lagos Assembly scraps Visionscape
- Etebo seals image rights deal with Myron Topclass Sport Outfits
- Police arrest fake lawyer for false information
- NFF President,Governor Bako Lalong to receive football awards in South Africa
- PDP Members Protest Over Osun Election Tribunal
- Fraud: NHIS boss reinstated by Buhari suspended indefinitely
- Sacked Policeman & His Gang Arrested Over Woman’s Murder
- Nigerian Students Made Generator Running On Water (Photos)
- Brilliant Student Going Home After Final Exams Dies In Crash
- Ooni Of Ife Unveils His New Beautiful Queen (Photos)
- Polaris Bank battles for survival
- Zenith Bank gross earnings drop
- LCCI lauds Dangote over oil refinery project, others
- Did EFCC Chairman Say Nothing Will Happen If Fayose Die?
- NYSC Member Dies Just A Day Before Passing Out
- Ambode Challenged By Lagos Assembly, As House Orders PSP To Resume Work
- Popular notorious cultist Small Jpron killed in Lagos over Cash from Top Politician
- Buhari's Plan To Win In 2019... How Atiku Will Defeat Him