– Nigeria are occupying third position in Group E, while Libya are topping
– Mikel Obi will not face Libya and Alex Iwobi is expected to play his role
Nigeria who are three time African champions will face Libya on Saturday, October 13, in their third 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifier in Uyo.
The Super Eagles did not participate in the last two editions of the Nations Cup, and their qualification for the 2019 edition is still dicey unless they beat Libya for them to go back on track.
Libya are topping the Group with four points together with South Africa, while Nigeria are occupying third position on the standings with three points.
Nigeria’s last game in the 2019 AFCON qualifier was a win over Seychelles, while Libya forced hosts South Africa to a draw in their own match.
Super Eagles captain John Obi Mikel will be missing this match, and news also came out last night that defensive midfielder Ogenyi Onazi will also not be playing because of injury.
Libya on the other hand are unperturbed with injury, but they will only missed their ex coach Adel Amrouche who resigned four days to this game.
Nigeria and Libya have met three times in all competitions with Super Eagles winning two games and lost once against their opponents.
Meanwhile, 4pm is the kick-off for this match between the Super Eagles of Nigeria and Libya, and we will bring you the live updates of the encounter.
Earlier, NAIJ.com had reported how Super Eagles gaffer Gernot Rohr made it clear that he likes eating pounded yam and vegetable soup as his players prepare to face Libya on Saturday, October 13, in Uyo.
The 65-year-old German football manager made this known in an interview he granted in Uyo which was posted to you-tube.
Football Transfers That Shocked The World | Naij.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- “Fayose to be detained indefinitely”
- Ekiti State ready to hijack Gold Cup Tourney from Benue State
- Akinwunmi encourage Super Eagles in Tunisia
- Makoko: Coalition of Civil Society Organizations task Ambode on police invasion, issues 21 days ultimatum
- NCC to sanction illegal auto tracking solutions providers
- Your candidacy not a meal ticket, Obasa counsels colleagues
- Shittu battles NYSC as Buhari waits for minister’s resignation
- Customs generates over N1b in 2 months
- Exam malpractice: Diarrhea prevents Adeleke from showing up in court; judge orders IGP to ensure arraignment
- IG of Police opposes demotion of officers by PSC Chairman
- 2019: Tinubu battles Amosun to regain South West leadership
- Pretty Lady Grabs Her Man Who Tries To Run In Pre-Wedding Photoshoot
- NERC to put limits on estimated billings
- Buhari explains why he bans 50 high-profile Nigerians
- You’re too arrogant, First Lady tells President
- Kalu speaks on his goal for Super Eagles
- Ocean Boys crown Champions Bayelsa Football League
- Leaked Bribe Videos: Impeachment Looms As Kano Assembly Begins Probe Of Governor
- IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen Over Murder Of Abuja Lady
- Kukah: How I Convinced Obasanjo To End Feud With Atiku
- Shittu Drags APC To Court For Disqualifying Him Over NYSC
- Minister allays fear over Nigeria’s rising debt portfolio
- Travel ban, not political weapon against opposition- Presidency
- Sex & Masturbation: Secret Struggle Of Most Men & Women
- Osun United crash Rovers FC 1-0 at NNL
- Ambode holds press conference to herald 2019 race
- See How Worshipers Held Their Sunday Service After Church Got Submerged By Flood (Photos)
- Photos Of GEJ, His Daughter, Faith, Her Husband & Grandkids
- Ekiti boiling with emotion as Fayose faces EFCC October 15
- Amuwo Odofin constituents cry out over alleged stolen mandate, task Tinubu
- INEC Under Pressure To Return "Buhari's Sister" Amina Zakari To Head Operations?
- Pretty Lady, Anita Shot Dead In Front Of Her House In Abuja
- Meet The Man Behind Gov Ganduje's Leaked $5m Bribery Clip
- Buhari’ll Win South-East Despite Obi’s Nomination – Okorocha's Son-in-Law
- Leaked Video Of Governor 'Receiving Bribe': Kano Govt. Reacts
- Suspected Robber Arrested 5 Days After Release From Prison
- Falana, Others To Buhari: Withdraw That Travel Ban Order
- We'll Support PDP in 2019 Because of Peter Obi - Ndigbo Youths assure Atiku
- Bride Looking Unhappy At Her Wedding
- Coach Paul Aigbogu denies link to Akwa United job