– Afenifere has reacted to the choice of Peter Obi as Atiku Abubakar’s running mate in the 2019 presidential election
– Afenifere’s national publicity secretary, Yinka Odumakin, urged both Atiku and Obi to remain steadfast in restructuring the country
Pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere has reacted to the choice of former Anambra governor, Peter Obi as the running mate to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.
Yinka Odumakin, Afenifere’s national publicity secretary, speaking on Atiku’s decision, in a short statement urged both the former vice president and Obi to remain steadfast in restructuring the country.
The statement read: “All we concerned about at this stage is there were commitments by Atiku about the restructuring of Nigeria.
“If it is true that he has picked Peter Obi as his running mate, he should join him to work out clear cut programme on restructuring and ensure that ensure that he remains steadfast on that because that is the main issue that will determine the next election.”
NAIJ.com previously reported that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, has picked former governor of Anambra state, Peter Obi in Abuja, as his running mate for the 2019 presidential elections.
Obi arrived at Abubakar’s residence in Asokoro neighborhood on Friday, October 12 and both had undisclosed talks.
The former Anambra governor was widely speculated as the running mate to Atiku for the 2019 general elections.
Is Atiku the Right Man to Defeat President Buhari? 2019 Election – Nigeria Street Gist On NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- APC guber candidate in certificate scandal
- Account for money spent on military operations, SERAP tells Buratai
- My rift with Tinubu is on democratic values, says Agbaje
- Boko Haram raids another community in Borno
- Atiku blasts Buhari over absence at burial of 19 soldiers in Borno
- Christmas, New Year, political Campaigns: IGP Orders CPs, AIGs to beef-up of security
- FRSC will not tolerate unethical behavior of officers – Dr. Oyeyemi
- Supersand Eagles hold firm to World Cup ticket as Senegal rule Africa
- Edo pushes for 2nd position as Tech Director, others laud team performance —Kehinde Osagiede
- Swimmer Osayi on Federation Radar as Edo Govt promises nurturing of athlete
- EPL: Mourinho told to sell four Man United players in January
- Marcelo: Madrid Miss ‘Best in the World’ CR7
- NSF: Igali thrilled with impressive outings by states
- Groups battle Buratai on Army’s spending
- NASS staff strike may affect 2019 budget
- NAFDAC highlights plan to regulate traditional herbs
- SDP presidential candidate legal crisis escalates as court sacks Duke
- Few Tips To Moving Forward With Your Passion & Purpose
- APC Candidate In Ogun, Dapo Abiodun, In Certificate Scandal
- Why Obasanjo Turned Against Buhari After Helping Him Emerge President - Oyinlola Reveals
- Atiku To Work On Jonathan's Confab Report If Elected In 2019
- Throw Back Photo Of Osinbajo, FRSC Boss Fowler & Ade
- Pastor Kidnapped In His Church Premises Regains Freedom
- Fayose, Gov Fayemi In War Of Words Over Attack On ex-Gov.
- Charlyboy Weds Wife In Church After 40 Years, Drive In Keke
- APC To Its NASS Members: Don't Allow Electoral Bill Override
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Beautiful Pics Of Nigeria Police Couple Getting Married Today
- Road Safety State Commander Dies In Road Accident (Photos)
- OAP Toolz & Husband Tunde Demuren Welcome Baby Boy
- Tinubu Hits Saraki? Says Robbers Deny Nigeria Vibrant Senate Presidency
- Five Die In Terrible Accidents In Lagos (Photos)
- Drunk FRSC Official Bashes Man's Car In Lagos (Photos)
- National Assembly Staff Begin Strike Monday, Threaten Buhari's Budget Presentation
- Man Kidnaps Ex-Boss For Accusing Him Of Stealing, Demands N1m Ransom
- 6-Week-Old Baby Miraculously Survives Ebola
- Yahoo Boy, Banker Arrested For Defrauding Woman
- The President and His Wife
- Boko Haram: Between Buhari’s Amnesty And The Lives of Our Soldiers
- Adorable Photos Of Buhari & Wife, Aisha Melt Hearts