A 37-year old, Monday Ayo, has landed in trouble in Lagos after he engaged his neighbour in a public fight and beat him to death, according to a report by PM Express.
The sad incident happened at Yusuf Street, Remelek Bus Stop, Badore in Ajah, Lagos where they reside.
It was gathered that Ayo had a disagreement with the late Sule Hassan, 45, over an undisclosed matter. In the process, they engaged in a public fight which led to his death.
The defendant, Ayo, was said to have rained blows on the deceased, he slumped, became unconscious and he was rushed to an undisclosed hospital.
However, before the doctors could attend him, he was already dead; the doctors certified him dead and the corpse was deposited at the mortuary for autopsy report.
Ayo was then arrested and detained at the SCIID Panti,Yaba, Lagos for murder.
It was gathered that the defendant, Ayo, told the police that he did not intend to kill Sule but was only defending himself and ended up killing him.
The police found him culpable and charged him before Ebute Metta Magistrate Court for murder.
The police alleged that Ayo killed the late Sule Hassan by giving him fist blows on his face before he slumped and died. The court did not take his plea and denied him bail.
The Presiding Magistrate, Mr O.O. Olatunji, directed the prosecutor to duplicate his file and send to DPP for advice. Ayo was remanded in prison custody pending the report of DPP advice on the matter.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- APC guber candidate in certificate scandal
- Account for money spent on military operations, SERAP tells Buratai
- My rift with Tinubu is on democratic values, says Agbaje
- Boko Haram raids another community in Borno
- Atiku blasts Buhari over absence at burial of 19 soldiers in Borno
- Christmas, New Year, political Campaigns: IGP Orders CPs, AIGs to beef-up of security
- FRSC will not tolerate unethical behavior of officers – Dr. Oyeyemi
- Supersand Eagles hold firm to World Cup ticket as Senegal rule Africa
- Edo pushes for 2nd position as Tech Director, others laud team performance —Kehinde Osagiede
- Swimmer Osayi on Federation Radar as Edo Govt promises nurturing of athlete
- EPL: Mourinho told to sell four Man United players in January
- Marcelo: Madrid Miss ‘Best in the World’ CR7
- NSF: Igali thrilled with impressive outings by states
- Groups battle Buratai on Army’s spending
- NASS staff strike may affect 2019 budget
- NAFDAC highlights plan to regulate traditional herbs
- SDP presidential candidate legal crisis escalates as court sacks Duke
- Few Tips To Moving Forward With Your Passion & Purpose
- APC Candidate In Ogun, Dapo Abiodun, In Certificate Scandal
- Why Obasanjo Turned Against Buhari After Helping Him Emerge President - Oyinlola Reveals
- Atiku To Work On Jonathan's Confab Report If Elected In 2019
- Throw Back Photo Of Osinbajo, FRSC Boss Fowler & Ade
- Pastor Kidnapped In His Church Premises Regains Freedom
- Fayose, Gov Fayemi In War Of Words Over Attack On ex-Gov.
- Charlyboy Weds Wife In Church After 40 Years, Drive In Keke
- APC To Its NASS Members: Don't Allow Electoral Bill Override
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Beautiful Pics Of Nigeria Police Couple Getting Married Today
- Road Safety State Commander Dies In Road Accident (Photos)
- OAP Toolz & Husband Tunde Demuren Welcome Baby Boy
- Tinubu Hits Saraki? Says Robbers Deny Nigeria Vibrant Senate Presidency
- Five Die In Terrible Accidents In Lagos (Photos)
- Drunk FRSC Official Bashes Man's Car In Lagos (Photos)
- National Assembly Staff Begin Strike Monday, Threaten Buhari's Budget Presentation
- Man Kidnaps Ex-Boss For Accusing Him Of Stealing, Demands N1m Ransom
- 6-Week-Old Baby Miraculously Survives Ebola
- Yahoo Boy, Banker Arrested For Defrauding Woman
- The President and His Wife
- Boko Haram: Between Buhari’s Amnesty And The Lives of Our Soldiers
- Adorable Photos Of Buhari & Wife, Aisha Melt Hearts