A 37-year old, Monday Ayo, has landed in trouble in Lagos after he engaged his neighbour in a public fight and beat him to death, according to a report by PM Express.
The sad incident happened at Yusuf Street, Remelek Bus Stop, Badore in Ajah, Lagos where they reside.
It was gathered that Ayo had a disagreement with the late Sule Hassan, 45, over an undisclosed matter. In the process, they engaged in a public fight which led to his death.
The defendant, Ayo, was said to have rained blows on the deceased, he slumped, became unconscious and he was rushed to an undisclosed hospital.
However, before the doctors could attend him, he was already dead; the doctors certified him dead and the corpse was deposited at the mortuary for autopsy report.
Ayo was then arrested and detained at the SCIID Panti,Yaba, Lagos for murder.
It was gathered that the defendant, Ayo, told the police that he did not intend to kill Sule but was only defending himself and ended up killing him.
The police found him culpable and charged him before Ebute Metta Magistrate Court for murder.
The police alleged that Ayo killed the late Sule Hassan by giving him fist blows on his face before he slumped and died. The court did not take his plea and denied him bail.
The Presiding Magistrate, Mr O.O. Olatunji, directed the prosecutor to duplicate his file and send to DPP for advice. Ayo was remanded in prison custody pending the report of DPP advice on the matter.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- What gas flaring costs Nigeria annually- Expert
- Atiku courts Southwest with SGF slot
- How Atiku betrayed Ekweremadu, others
- Labour to embark on another nationwide strike
- Photos Of Fayose At The Airport
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Powerful Forces Want Me Out Of APC
- "Only Buhari Can Fire Me" - Suspended NHIS Boss Insists
- Man Finds Out His Wife Got Pregnant For 4 Men; DNA Shows He's Not The Father Of Their 4 Kids
- Yahoo Boy Kills Policeman While Trying To Evade Arrest In Delta
- Ex-Chief Justice of Nigeria Idris Kutigi Dies In London Hospital
- I Will Still Contest In 2019 - Senator Shehu Sani
- Fayose Leaves EFCC Office As He Flies To Lagos
- Nigerian Man Weds Beautiful Oyinbo Woman In Style (Photos)
- Buhari Reacts To Killing Of 55 People In Kaduna Violence
- PHOTOS: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To First Child At 67
- Ambode In Trouble? Plot To Impeach Him Hots Up
- Questions Reuters, Aljazeera, the Economist, AP, others ask Lai about Atiku, PDP
- Omawumi Describes Buhari As "Incompetent Old Man"
- PDP Says Female Appeal Court President Is Close To APC
- Police Officers’ Wives Rescued From Deadly Kidnappers
- PDP Headquarters Gives Tambuwal Sokoto Guber Ticket
- Nigerian Prince Weds 2 Ladies Same Day In Delta (Photos)
- Obanikoro, 16 Others To Testify Against Fayose (DETAILS)
- Mbaka To Atiku: Don't Be Like Buhari If You Become President
- Tonto Dikeh's Sister Drinks Hypo To End Her Life?
- After working for APC; Omisore, Obanikoro, get their passports from EFCC
- Pastor Sleeping With Married Woman? 3 Corpses Found In His House (Photos)
- Dino Reacts To Shehu Sani Leaving APC At the Wrong Time
- More Troubles For Atiku From Igbo Leaders... Saraki intervenes
- Nnamdi Kanu Called Me, He Agreed To Work To Defeat Buhari - Fani-Kayode
- Polio Victim Who Just Finished NYSC Shares Touching Story
- Wife Cries Out As Her Husband Got Married To Another Lady
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ooni's New Wife Leads Praise & Worship In His Palace (Photos)
- Why APC Sen. Shehu Sani defects
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League