Timi Dakola and wife
Nigerian musician, Timi Dakolo has narrated how his wife, Busola Dakolo blocked him on Whatsapp after a heated argument. The singer who was talking about challenges in marriage while speaking to Saturday Beats said that there is no perfect marriage or relationship.
He said: “We were having an argument on WhatsApp one day and she blocked me. Immediately, I drove home. When she returned, she said she did not want to drive while she was angry and that she also wanted me to bring my anger home so that we would talk about it. “Human beings fight but whenever we do, it is not ‘sweet’ simply because my wife does not speak Pidgin English. I am from Bayelsa and when people fight (there), they talk in Pidgin English. But when we have misunderstanding and she speaks fluent English, it is always funny to me and so I laugh.”
However, the singer also disclosed that one of the sweetest things she ever did for him, was to plan a family vacation to one of his favourite spots.
“One of the sweetest things she has done is when she planned a vacation for the whole family, even though I contributed half of the money. My favourite vacation spot is Cape Town, South Africa because I like the scenery,” the singer said.
On his wife’s contribution to his life, Timi Dakolo described her as the calmness in his life.
“My wife fixes me and that is the truth. I would love to do everything just like any other creative person but my wife is the one that advises me to make sure I do things one step at a time. “She is my calmness. My favourite place is in my house; it is not just my sitting room but my corner of the bed. I can scatter my books everywhere and still know where everything is, but my wife is not that kind of person. She is the type of person that is organised; she likes when everything is well arranged.
“The secret of my marriage is communication and it is our lifeline. Make your partner your person. Sometimes, it is not love that keeps a relationship but friendship. I can call my wife and tell her that I saw a fine girl and her face could look somehow but we would laugh about it.
“Sometimes when I am heading out, she could joke that I am going to see my girlfriend and we will just laugh about it. On some occasions, I could call her that I would get home late because I would be playing video game with my friends and she would understand” Timi Dakolo.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- APC guber candidate in certificate scandal
- Account for money spent on military operations, SERAP tells Buratai
- My rift with Tinubu is on democratic values, says Agbaje
- Boko Haram raids another community in Borno
- Atiku blasts Buhari over absence at burial of 19 soldiers in Borno
- Christmas, New Year, political Campaigns: IGP Orders CPs, AIGs to beef-up of security
- FRSC will not tolerate unethical behavior of officers – Dr. Oyeyemi
- Supersand Eagles hold firm to World Cup ticket as Senegal rule Africa
- Edo pushes for 2nd position as Tech Director, others laud team performance —Kehinde Osagiede
- Swimmer Osayi on Federation Radar as Edo Govt promises nurturing of athlete
- EPL: Mourinho told to sell four Man United players in January
- Marcelo: Madrid Miss ‘Best in the World’ CR7
- NSF: Igali thrilled with impressive outings by states
- Groups battle Buratai on Army’s spending
- NASS staff strike may affect 2019 budget
- NAFDAC highlights plan to regulate traditional herbs
- SDP presidential candidate legal crisis escalates as court sacks Duke
- Few Tips To Moving Forward With Your Passion & Purpose
- APC Candidate In Ogun, Dapo Abiodun, In Certificate Scandal
- Why Obasanjo Turned Against Buhari After Helping Him Emerge President - Oyinlola Reveals
- Atiku To Work On Jonathan's Confab Report If Elected In 2019
- Throw Back Photo Of Osinbajo, FRSC Boss Fowler & Ade
- Pastor Kidnapped In His Church Premises Regains Freedom
- Fayose, Gov Fayemi In War Of Words Over Attack On ex-Gov.
- Charlyboy Weds Wife In Church After 40 Years, Drive In Keke
- APC To Its NASS Members: Don't Allow Electoral Bill Override
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Beautiful Pics Of Nigeria Police Couple Getting Married Today
- Road Safety State Commander Dies In Road Accident (Photos)
- OAP Toolz & Husband Tunde Demuren Welcome Baby Boy
- Tinubu Hits Saraki? Says Robbers Deny Nigeria Vibrant Senate Presidency
- Five Die In Terrible Accidents In Lagos (Photos)
- Drunk FRSC Official Bashes Man's Car In Lagos (Photos)
- National Assembly Staff Begin Strike Monday, Threaten Buhari's Budget Presentation
- Man Kidnaps Ex-Boss For Accusing Him Of Stealing, Demands N1m Ransom
- 6-Week-Old Baby Miraculously Survives Ebola
- Yahoo Boy, Banker Arrested For Defrauding Woman
- The President and His Wife
- Boko Haram: Between Buhari’s Amnesty And The Lives of Our Soldiers
- Adorable Photos Of Buhari & Wife, Aisha Melt Hearts