Timi Dakola and wife
Nigerian musician, Timi Dakolo has narrated how his wife, Busola Dakolo blocked him on Whatsapp after a heated argument. The singer who was talking about challenges in marriage while speaking to Saturday Beats said that there is no perfect marriage or relationship.
He said: “We were having an argument on WhatsApp one day and she blocked me. Immediately, I drove home. When she returned, she said she did not want to drive while she was angry and that she also wanted me to bring my anger home so that we would talk about it. “Human beings fight but whenever we do, it is not ‘sweet’ simply because my wife does not speak Pidgin English. I am from Bayelsa and when people fight (there), they talk in Pidgin English. But when we have misunderstanding and she speaks fluent English, it is always funny to me and so I laugh.”
However, the singer also disclosed that one of the sweetest things she ever did for him, was to plan a family vacation to one of his favourite spots.
“One of the sweetest things she has done is when she planned a vacation for the whole family, even though I contributed half of the money. My favourite vacation spot is Cape Town, South Africa because I like the scenery,” the singer said.
On his wife’s contribution to his life, Timi Dakolo described her as the calmness in his life.
“My wife fixes me and that is the truth. I would love to do everything just like any other creative person but my wife is the one that advises me to make sure I do things one step at a time. “She is my calmness. My favourite place is in my house; it is not just my sitting room but my corner of the bed. I can scatter my books everywhere and still know where everything is, but my wife is not that kind of person. She is the type of person that is organised; she likes when everything is well arranged.
“The secret of my marriage is communication and it is our lifeline. Make your partner your person. Sometimes, it is not love that keeps a relationship but friendship. I can call my wife and tell her that I saw a fine girl and her face could look somehow but we would laugh about it.
“Sometimes when I am heading out, she could joke that I am going to see my girlfriend and we will just laugh about it. On some occasions, I could call her that I would get home late because I would be playing video game with my friends and she would understand” Timi Dakolo.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- What gas flaring costs Nigeria annually- Expert
- Atiku courts Southwest with SGF slot
- How Atiku betrayed Ekweremadu, others
- Labour to embark on another nationwide strike
- Photos Of Fayose At The Airport
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Powerful Forces Want Me Out Of APC
- "Only Buhari Can Fire Me" - Suspended NHIS Boss Insists
- Man Finds Out His Wife Got Pregnant For 4 Men; DNA Shows He's Not The Father Of Their 4 Kids
- Yahoo Boy Kills Policeman While Trying To Evade Arrest In Delta
- Ex-Chief Justice of Nigeria Idris Kutigi Dies In London Hospital
- I Will Still Contest In 2019 - Senator Shehu Sani
- Fayose Leaves EFCC Office As He Flies To Lagos
- Nigerian Man Weds Beautiful Oyinbo Woman In Style (Photos)
- Buhari Reacts To Killing Of 55 People In Kaduna Violence
- PHOTOS: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To First Child At 67
- Ambode In Trouble? Plot To Impeach Him Hots Up
- Questions Reuters, Aljazeera, the Economist, AP, others ask Lai about Atiku, PDP
- Omawumi Describes Buhari As "Incompetent Old Man"
- PDP Says Female Appeal Court President Is Close To APC
- Police Officers’ Wives Rescued From Deadly Kidnappers
- PDP Headquarters Gives Tambuwal Sokoto Guber Ticket
- Nigerian Prince Weds 2 Ladies Same Day In Delta (Photos)
- Obanikoro, 16 Others To Testify Against Fayose (DETAILS)
- Mbaka To Atiku: Don't Be Like Buhari If You Become President
- Tonto Dikeh's Sister Drinks Hypo To End Her Life?
- After working for APC; Omisore, Obanikoro, get their passports from EFCC
- Pastor Sleeping With Married Woman? 3 Corpses Found In His House (Photos)
- Dino Reacts To Shehu Sani Leaving APC At the Wrong Time
- More Troubles For Atiku From Igbo Leaders... Saraki intervenes
- Nnamdi Kanu Called Me, He Agreed To Work To Defeat Buhari - Fani-Kayode
- Polio Victim Who Just Finished NYSC Shares Touching Story
- Wife Cries Out As Her Husband Got Married To Another Lady
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ooni's New Wife Leads Praise & Worship In His Palace (Photos)
- Why APC Sen. Shehu Sani defects
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League