Abuja – Mr Daniel Onjeh, an All Progressives Congress (APC) Benue South Senatorial candidate has said that former Vice President Atiku Abubakar is not a threat to President Muhammadu Buhari’s chances of re-election in 2019.
Onjeh, who is the Board Chairman Project Development Institute (PRODA) and a former President National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), stated this on Friday in Abuja, while speaking with newsmen.
He spoke at the APC national secretariat, adding that while President Buhari was an epitome of integrity, transparency, and accountability, Atiku was the contrary.
He noted that Buhari`s exemplary qualities and leadership disposition informed his recent adoption by the African Union as the continent’s Anti-corruption Champion.
Atiku is a man whose source of wealth is a mystery hidden in “a pandora’s box of riddles“, Onjeh said.
“Atiku oversaw Obasanjo’s administration’s opaque privatisation process, and has allegations of several misdemeanours hanging over his head.
“The name Atiku also featured prominently in the criminal investigation of an African-American congressman who was later sentenced to jail, “ Onjeh said.
This, he added was the reason the United States Embassy in Nigeria refused to grant him visa.
He noted that the Nigerian Government, through its revenue generating Ports Authority (NPA), recently recovered billions in unpaid and underpaid charges from a business entity owned by Atiku.
Onjeh, however, recalled that since coming to public life, Buhari had been above board, adding that his determined and focused fight against corruption had elicited a sustained, vigorous, and well-funded campaign of calumny and media lynching against his person and office.
He, therefore, advised Nigerians to avoid sentiments and to disregard propaganda by those desperate to return to power by all means because they knew that another term for Buhari meant jail for them.
“To their eternal shame, their assets would be confiscated and shared out to the poor. This realisation has driven them to a state of extreme desperation; they will do anything to fight back.
“Nigerians should not be deceived. They are ganging up against President Buhari because they will all be made to account for their ill-gotten wealth if he is re-elected, “ he said.
He stressed that for those yearning for true change and liberation from the shackles of corrupt godfathers and callous cabals, Buhari’s re-election in 2019 was a moral imperative.
Onjeh expressed optimism that not only would Buhari`s re-election in 2019 record significant gains in the war against corruption, the provision of world class infrastructure, improve security and stability would be ensured if he was re-elected.
“Above all, it will pave the way for the youth to vie for the highest offices in the land in 2023.
“Atiku has never been and will never be a threat to Buhari in 2019, “Onjeh argued. (NAN)
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: Jeremi to say his side of story before general elections
- 5 tactical questions ahead of Liverpool versus Man Utd
- Move To Override Buhari On Electoral Bill Begins?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- CAN Dissolves Elders' Forum Over Claims Of 'N40m Gift' From President Buhari
- Yahoo Boy & Wife Busted In Their Home; SUV, Others Recovered
- Osinbajo, Peter Obi's Top Positions At The VP Debate Yesterday
- Inflation Increases To 11.28% Due To Higher Food Prices
- Husband Slashes Wife's Head Because Of Another Woman
- You're Making Empty Threats - APC replies Buhari's man, Shittu
- Female Judge In 'Fraud' Mess, Justice Ajumogobis Collapses In Court
- Retired Deputy Police Commissioner, Wife Shot Dead
- Police Officer Who Leads A Robbery Gang Exposed In Lagos As Gang Member Confesses
- Fayose Mobbed As He Returns To Ekiti (Photos)
- Woman Shares Scary Experience During Flight To Enugu As Plane Nearly Crashed (Photos)
- Why we retained fuel subsidy – Osinbajo
- 10 biggest news stories in Nigeria in 2018, according to Google Trends
- The 11 Best Movies Coming Out in December
- The fall of Man Utd XI
- Court fixes February for bench ruling on Magu’s N5bn libel suit
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery construction begins
- Nigeria sues Shell, Eni $1.1b over Malabu oil license
- Buhari okays 65-year retirement age for teachers
- Preparing our children for the changing nature of work—it’s gigs not jobs in the 21st century
- Lagos International Trade Fair Boss crowned Yeye Oge Ogbere
- Young Girl Breaks Record At National Sport Festival In Abuja
- Buhari Just Told Us The Economy Is In Bad Shape, says Gov Yari
- White Woman Flies From Her Country To Arrest Yahoo Boy Who Duped Her N8m
- Donald Duke Sacked As SDP Presidential Candidate
- Notorious Robbers Busted After Successful Operation (Photos)
- PHOTOS: 102-Year-Old Woman Becomes Oldest Skydiver, Flies Down From The Sky On Birthday
- Exposed: Agency Headed By Buhari's In-law Violating Nigeria's Procurement Law
- Emotional Moment Oby Ezekwesili 'Bursts Into Tears' (Photos)
- Pretty Lady Who Just Graduated Goes Missing (Photos)
- I'm Not Desperate For Power - Buhari Speaks On Electoral Bill
- Popular Pastor Kidnapped In His Church Premises In Calabar
- Rivers APC Saga: Court Asked To Order INEC To Remove APC Candidates' Names
- EFCC Chairman: I'm Glad Senate Didn't Confirm Me, says Magu
- Protest in Lagos as F-SARS Officer kills truck driver over bribe
- Suspected Ritualists Abduct 13-day-old Baby While Mother Was Sleeping