By Naomi Uzor
The new Chairman, International Market Association, Electronic section, Alaba International Market, Mr. Paulinus Ugochukwu yesterday, called on both Federal and state governments to intervene in maintaining and developing infrastructure in the market.
Ugochukwu who made the call, at the inauguration ceremony of his administration lamented that in spite of the revenues the government generates from the market, the traders were yet to feel the government’s impact.
He said that the roads leading to the market were sorry sight, and this has made them lose most of their customers who now opt to source their goods elsewhere instead of getting trapped on the terrible traffic on Badagry Expressway and other connecting roads to the market.
“Apart from that, to bring in our goods from the port to Alaba is now problematic as most truck drivers don’t want to ply the road and those that agree charge high fees, sometimes as high as N600,000 to N700,000 just to bring in goods from Apapa to this market,” he said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- FG proposes N8.6trn for 2019, plans tighter fiscal plan
- Nollywood actor, Lawyer task Federal government on qualitative education
- Ekiti: Fayose tackles Fayemi, DMO over debt profile
- Volunteer Medical Corps ready for 2018 conference
- 95% of workers in mega firms think their cybersecurity culture is poor — report
- FG mandates NCC to ensure even distribution of broadband in Nigeria
- Nigeria to cut down on borrowing spree
- Suspended coach back for NFF/CBN competition
- Girl Who Was R*ped By Lecturer & His Son Has Died (Photos)
- Tinubu Buys Part Of Intels Shares From Atiku?
- See Bishop Oyedepo's Mandate Estate (Photos)
- Did You Know? Eating Too Much Fruits Causes Diabetes
- Governor Ganduje In Trouble As Kano Assembly Begins Action
- First Photos of Ooni Of Ife With His Beautiful Bride in His Palace
- Fayose's Lawyer Reveals What He's Doing To Get Him Out
- Buhari Hosts Kannywood Actors In Aso Rock (Photos)
- PHOTOS: Nnamdi Kanu Spotted In Jerusalem
- APC Defies INEC, Submits Candidates For Zamfara
- Dangerous drug for diabetes, cancer in circulation, says NIA
- Oni of Ife sets for another marriage
- 2019: PDP agenda for Saraki forwarded to INEC
- Presidential race 2019: Re-structuring a condition for supporting any candidate – Aare Ganiyu Adams
- Lagos Assembly scraps Visionscape
- Etebo seals image rights deal with Myron Topclass Sport Outfits
- Police arrest fake lawyer for false information
- NFF President,Governor Bako Lalong to receive football awards in South Africa
- PDP Members Protest Over Osun Election Tribunal
- Fraud: NHIS boss reinstated by Buhari suspended indefinitely
- Sacked Policeman & His Gang Arrested Over Woman’s Murder
- Nigerian Students Made Generator Running On Water (Photos)
- Brilliant Student Going Home After Final Exams Dies In Crash
- Ooni Of Ife Unveils His New Beautiful Queen (Photos)
- Polaris Bank battles for survival
- Zenith Bank gross earnings drop
- LCCI lauds Dangote over oil refinery project, others
- Did EFCC Chairman Say Nothing Will Happen If Fayose Die?
- NYSC Member Dies Just A Day Before Passing Out
- Ambode Challenged By Lagos Assembly, As House Orders PSP To Resume Work
- Popular notorious cultist Small Jpron killed in Lagos over Cash from Top Politician
- Buhari's Plan To Win In 2019... How Atiku Will Defeat Him