…passes vote-of-no-confidence on NWC
By Chinonso Alozie
OWERRI—THE governorship aspirants of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, yesterday protested in Owerri, after which they also passed a vote of no confidence on the the national chairman of the party, Victor Oye.
The aspirants numbering over 10 protested from Wethedral road, towards Government House roundabout and through Mbari streets back to Immaculate Hotel in Owerri.
This is coming days after they rejected the announcement of Senator Araraume as the governorship candidate of the party in the state.
They also recommended the sack of the state chairman of APGA, Peter Ezeobi.
Among the aspirants who joined in the protest were immmediate past governor of Imo state, Ikedi Ohakim, Uche Onyeagucha, Ike Ibeh, Sam Amadi and Bright Nwanne.
Also in the protest were Stanley Amuchie, Nick OparaNdudu, Frank Nneji, Ziggy Azike, Charles Onyeagbako, Philip Ibekwe, Okey Ezeh, Chike Nsofor, Steve Nwoga, Bright Nwanne and Humphrey Anumudu.
According to their spokesperson Mr. Sam Amadi, “We all can recall that on many occasions, the national chairman of the party, Chief Victor Oye, the chairman of Board of Trustees and national leader of the party, Governor Willie Obiano; the various state chairmen and members of the National Working Committee, and State Working Committee, assured us that the leadership of the party was prepared to conduct transparent and credible primaries.
“APGA leadership has committed theft and betrayal of historic proportion. The leadership pretended that it was prepared to become an alternative platform for our people who are seeking refuge in a sanitized platform built on integrity and excellence.
“We have resolved and expressed lack of confidence on APGA executive. We have resolved and expressed lack of confidence on Willie Obiano who is the national leader of the party and NWC.
“We have resolved that the state party chairman must go and the national chairman must go. As a result of this ugly development, we hereby establish a new platform, now to be known as n-APGA.”
“And all the monies that they have collected from us must be refunded or they will be handed over to the EFCC.”
He further said: “We have called this meeting to also provide and opportunity for Nigerians and Ndi Igbo in particular to take note. We have called this meeting to let Nigerians know despite representations and demand for the party to do the right things.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Editor’s Summary: How soccer matches from this past weekend affects coming fixtures
- IG denies rejecting promotion of Police DIGs, AIGs
- We spent billions on 292 water projects in seven years – Minister admits in court
- 2019: How Oshiomhole’s reforms threaten APC unity
- Kaduna Crisis: Christians, Muslims must learn to live in peace – Tinubu
- 2019: Rev. Mbaka prophesies Buhari’s defeat
- IG approves posting of Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIGs)
- 2019: Oshiomhole, APC in fresh crisis
- FG shut operators out of new National broadband council
- MTN exhaust foreign reserves via illegal access to dollars, CBN tells court
- Photos Of Nigerian School Pupils In Ankara School Uniform
- "Fayose Is Innocent" - FFK Says, Attends Court In Solidarity
- Amaechi In Shock Over Supreme Court Ruling, But APC Calls It "Mere Academic Exercise"
- NYSC Suspends Orientation Exercise In Kaduna Over Killings
- APC Loses Majority As Two Senators Dump Party
- Special Report: How a Woman’s “Burden of Shame” Answers to Nothing, as Nigeria fight its Drug Problems in the Dark
- FG set to commence clean-up of oil spills in Ogoni
- "Buhari Is An Incompetent Man Who Destroyed Our Economy" - Dino Melaye
- Fayose Sends Positive Message From EFCC Cell Today
- Beautiful Woman Delivers Conjoined Twins, Seeks Help (Pics)
- So Beautiful! Actress Sola Sobowale Shines In New Photos
- Nigerian duo makes AFCON referee’s list
- First Bank, SEC FC clash in NFF/CBN Cup Final
- NBBF rolls out time table for domestic leagues
- Team Nigeria arrive Budapest for World Championships
- I’m dissatisfied with poor maintenance at Godswill Akpabio Stadium—Ebi Egbe
- Dogo dispels Sunshine Stars’ move rumour
- FIVB: Nigeria to participate in World U19 Championship
- Ghanaian coach linked with NPFL return
- Christ Embassy @ TEG Abuja: It was a Total Experience
- NYSC suspends orientation
- Pastor Chris daughter Sharon & Hubby's honeymoon Photos
- Saraki's Candidate For Kwara, Razak Atunwa Caught In NYSC Certificate Forgery?
- Shooting At Edo State Assembly; Deputy Speaker Impeached, 3 Persons Injured (Photos)
- Ooni's Ex-Wife Zaynab "Forgives Him" and Congratulates Him & His New Wife
- Amaechi APC Faction In Rivers State Loses In Supreme Court?
- Universities to revert to old degree grading system
- Banky W: "I Am Battling Serious Food Poisoning"
- El-rufai Visits Survivors Of Kaduna Violence In Hospitals (Pics)
- Ekweremadu On His Way Out Of PDP Because Of Peter Obi?