…passes vote-of-no-confidence on NWC
By Chinonso Alozie
OWERRI—THE governorship aspirants of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, yesterday protested in Owerri, after which they also passed a vote of no confidence on the the national chairman of the party, Victor Oye.
The aspirants numbering over 10 protested from Wethedral road, towards Government House roundabout and through Mbari streets back to Immaculate Hotel in Owerri.
This is coming days after they rejected the announcement of Senator Araraume as the governorship candidate of the party in the state.
They also recommended the sack of the state chairman of APGA, Peter Ezeobi.
Among the aspirants who joined in the protest were immmediate past governor of Imo state, Ikedi Ohakim, Uche Onyeagucha, Ike Ibeh, Sam Amadi and Bright Nwanne.
Also in the protest were Stanley Amuchie, Nick OparaNdudu, Frank Nneji, Ziggy Azike, Charles Onyeagbako, Philip Ibekwe, Okey Ezeh, Chike Nsofor, Steve Nwoga, Bright Nwanne and Humphrey Anumudu.
According to their spokesperson Mr. Sam Amadi, “We all can recall that on many occasions, the national chairman of the party, Chief Victor Oye, the chairman of Board of Trustees and national leader of the party, Governor Willie Obiano; the various state chairmen and members of the National Working Committee, and State Working Committee, assured us that the leadership of the party was prepared to conduct transparent and credible primaries.
“APGA leadership has committed theft and betrayal of historic proportion. The leadership pretended that it was prepared to become an alternative platform for our people who are seeking refuge in a sanitized platform built on integrity and excellence.
“We have resolved and expressed lack of confidence on APGA executive. We have resolved and expressed lack of confidence on Willie Obiano who is the national leader of the party and NWC.
“We have resolved that the state party chairman must go and the national chairman must go. As a result of this ugly development, we hereby establish a new platform, now to be known as n-APGA.”
“And all the monies that they have collected from us must be refunded or they will be handed over to the EFCC.”
He further said: “We have called this meeting to also provide and opportunity for Nigerians and Ndi Igbo in particular to take note. We have called this meeting to let Nigerians know despite representations and demand for the party to do the right things.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- FG re-arraigns Senator, 4 others for exam malpractice
- FG’s debt to states: You’re wrong, Buhari tells lawmakers
- Sunshine Stars holds workshop for players, officials
- Engaged or Married: What’s Simi, Adekunle Gold’s situation?
- UCL 16: Thank God we are playing Madrid – Ajax players
- Former Defence Chief, Alex Badeh, dies in Abuja
- Ogun 2019: Appeal Court sacks Kashamu as PDP candidate
- Diamond Bank shares appreciate after acquisition
- These agencies yet to remit N2.78 trillion to federation account
- Nigerian youths will not take to crime if…- ACP Disu
- Pretty Lady Lured To Hotel By These Men... they r*ped, killed her (Graphic Photos)
- Federal University Demotes 7 Professors To Lecturer Grade
- Ex-Defence Chief Badeh killed
- Top official of FG property committee jailed
- Tunde Ayeni, others to know fate in February
- SGF Boss Mustapha Meets APC Reps Over Buhari's Govt.
- Woman Cries Out, Accuses Lagos Police of Collecting N350k to Cover Up Teenager’s Death Probe
- Shock as Ex-Chef of Defence Staff, Alex Badeh is Murdered on way to Abuja (Graphic Pics)
- Pretty Lawyer Set To Wed Medical Doctor... pre-wedding pics
- Saraki In Trouble? Presidency Allegedly Plotting To Remove Him
- Yahoo Boys On The Run As EFCC Declares War On Them
- Panic In Abule-Egba Lagos As Vandals Cause Explosion
- PDP Ogun Gov.: Court Judgement Divides Kashamu, Adebutu
- Woman, Two Other Islamic Clerics Caught With Human Parts
- I Feel Comfortable With Sanwo-Olu Than Ambode; says Hamzat
- Is Ekweremadu Really Banned From Travelling?
- Jimi Agbaje Slams Tinubu: "Pharaoh, Let My People Go"
- Detained Deji Adeyanju Speaks From Police Custody
- People In Maiduguri Protest For Getting 24hrs Power & High Bill
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Abuja 2018 NSF: FG presents Sports Tourism award to Gov. Ambode
- Marketing genius, Bukola Olopade falls in love again with NWFL after divorcing NNL
- Flying Eagles emerge runners-up of WAFU U20 tourney
- I turned down £40m fight with Wilder – AJ
- CR7 wanted Juventus move in January?
- Besiktas confirm Pepe departure
- Glitz as Army pulls out 5 generals from service
- 2019: Why Fulani herders association not keen on Buhari, Atiku
- Faces Of Rich 'Yahoo Boys' Busted In Abuja (Photos)
- DSS & Army In Gun Battle With Armed Militia From Mali (Photos)