MultiChoice Talent Factory Academy, West Africa, officially opened on Monday in Lagos, with the objective of providing Africa’s next generation of film and television storytellers after a 12-month training programme.
Speaking at the launch of the Academy, Lagos State Commissioner for Tourism, Arts and Culture, Mr. Steve Ayorinde, commended MultiChoice Nigeria for giving youths selected from across the country an opportunity to understand the film production.
Ayorinde said: “What MultiChoice did deserves huge commendation and these 20 students need to acknowledge the fact that stakeholders in the entertainment industry in Nigeria and across the continent expect a lot from them.”
Also speaking at the launch, Ghanaian Deputy Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Dr. Ziblim Iddi, congratulated the 20 students selected for the inaugural edition of the Academy and charged them to be committed.
On his part, Managing Director, MultiChoice Nigeria, John Ugbe, said: “The film and television industry is the pioneer of creative industries in Africa and is particularly relevant as a tool for shaping the African narrative.
“We have been telling authentic and well-produced stories that only Africans themselves can tell. But there is a lot of raw talent that need to be nurtured and polished.
“The Academy will give such talent the opportunity to hone their skills, thereby increasing the pool of world-class talent. It is also about teaching the business of film and television.
“We are fortunate to have the calibre of broadcast partners that we do in M-Net and Africa Magic, who believe in this project and have been on it with us from the very beginning.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- FG re-arraigns Senator, 4 others for exam malpractice
- FG’s debt to states: You’re wrong, Buhari tells lawmakers
- Sunshine Stars holds workshop for players, officials
- Engaged or Married: What’s Simi, Adekunle Gold’s situation?
- UCL 16: Thank God we are playing Madrid – Ajax players
- Former Defence Chief, Alex Badeh, dies in Abuja
- Ogun 2019: Appeal Court sacks Kashamu as PDP candidate
- Diamond Bank shares appreciate after acquisition
- These agencies yet to remit N2.78 trillion to federation account
- Nigerian youths will not take to crime if…- ACP Disu
- Pretty Lady Lured To Hotel By These Men... they r*ped, killed her (Graphic Photos)
- Federal University Demotes 7 Professors To Lecturer Grade
- Ex-Defence Chief Badeh killed
- Top official of FG property committee jailed
- Tunde Ayeni, others to know fate in February
- SGF Boss Mustapha Meets APC Reps Over Buhari's Govt.
- Woman Cries Out, Accuses Lagos Police of Collecting N350k to Cover Up Teenager’s Death Probe
- Shock as Ex-Chef of Defence Staff, Alex Badeh is Murdered on way to Abuja (Graphic Pics)
- Pretty Lawyer Set To Wed Medical Doctor... pre-wedding pics
- Saraki In Trouble? Presidency Allegedly Plotting To Remove Him
- Yahoo Boys On The Run As EFCC Declares War On Them
- Panic In Abule-Egba Lagos As Vandals Cause Explosion
- PDP Ogun Gov.: Court Judgement Divides Kashamu, Adebutu
- Woman, Two Other Islamic Clerics Caught With Human Parts
- I Feel Comfortable With Sanwo-Olu Than Ambode; says Hamzat
- Is Ekweremadu Really Banned From Travelling?
- Jimi Agbaje Slams Tinubu: "Pharaoh, Let My People Go"
- Detained Deji Adeyanju Speaks From Police Custody
- People In Maiduguri Protest For Getting 24hrs Power & High Bill
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Abuja 2018 NSF: FG presents Sports Tourism award to Gov. Ambode
- Marketing genius, Bukola Olopade falls in love again with NWFL after divorcing NNL
- Flying Eagles emerge runners-up of WAFU U20 tourney
- I turned down £40m fight with Wilder – AJ
- CR7 wanted Juventus move in January?
- Besiktas confirm Pepe departure
- Glitz as Army pulls out 5 generals from service
- 2019: Why Fulani herders association not keen on Buhari, Atiku
- Faces Of Rich 'Yahoo Boys' Busted In Abuja (Photos)
- DSS & Army In Gun Battle With Armed Militia From Mali (Photos)