Frontline non-denominational Christian ministry, The Elevation Church (TEC) is poised to celebrate its 8th anniversary with a series of events including special thanksgiving services at its island and mainland centres on Wednesday, 10 October and Thursday 11 October 2018. The services will feature popular gospel artiste, Big Bolaji amongst other acts. Also lined up is a social media celebration to cater to its teeming youthful congregation from Monday, 8 October to Sunday, 14 October 2018.
According to the lead pastor of The Elevation Church, Godman Akinlabi, “In the past eight years, The Elevation Church has upheld its mandate to make greatness common, and it hopes to raise even greater people who will be positive leaders steering the reins of Nigeria and restoring the country to its glory.”
Within the past eight years, the church has developed a series of impactful events, one of which is the Made for More Women’s Conference; an annual two-day conference aimed at empowering women. The 2018 Made for More Conference themed ‘Girl on Fire’ is set to take place on Friday, 19 October, and Saturday, 20 October 2018. The conference will feature Jumoke Adenowo, Founder, Ad Consulting, and Pastor Mrs Bolarinwa Akinlabi, Co-lead pastor of The Elevation Church.
Additionally, the church has commenced plans to launch its official outreach arm, PISTIS Empowerment Foundation in January. The foundation is targeted at improving access to education, health and shelter in underserved communities. Since inception, the Elevation Church has engaged in several outreaches, community services and interventions in and around its community. Some of these programs include Elev8 200, a ministry to the less privileged; an active Prison Ministry; Back to School Initiatives; and community sanitations in areas like Aboki Village and Jakande. The Elevation Church also holds several medical outreaches across Lagos state.
Speaking about the PISTIS foundation, Godman Akinlabi said, “The Elevation Church is rising up to serve the needs of individuals beyond the confines of church. People have more than spiritual needs and they need to feel supported as well by the body of Christ. Through our empowerment foundation, we are tasking ourselves to support the economically challenged through education (formal and informal) and support for their total well-being.”
The Elevation Church was founded in 2010 by Pastors Godman and Bolarinwa Akinlabi. The church started out in a hall in the heart of Lagos Island but has grown in capacity, with various locations across Lagos. These centres include the Island Church, Pistis Conference Centre; the Lifepointe Church which is an expression for the young at heart; the Mainland expression at Pistis Hub; and a streaming centre within the greater Lekki area.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Editor’s Summary: How soccer matches from this past weekend affects coming fixtures
- IG denies rejecting promotion of Police DIGs, AIGs
- We spent billions on 292 water projects in seven years – Minister admits in court
- 2019: How Oshiomhole’s reforms threaten APC unity
- Kaduna Crisis: Christians, Muslims must learn to live in peace – Tinubu
- 2019: Rev. Mbaka prophesies Buhari’s defeat
- IG approves posting of Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIGs)
- 2019: Oshiomhole, APC in fresh crisis
- FG shut operators out of new National broadband council
- MTN exhaust foreign reserves via illegal access to dollars, CBN tells court
- Photos Of Nigerian School Pupils In Ankara School Uniform
- "Fayose Is Innocent" - FFK Says, Attends Court In Solidarity
- Amaechi In Shock Over Supreme Court Ruling, But APC Calls It "Mere Academic Exercise"
- NYSC Suspends Orientation Exercise In Kaduna Over Killings
- APC Loses Majority As Two Senators Dump Party
- Special Report: How a Woman’s “Burden of Shame” Answers to Nothing, as Nigeria fight its Drug Problems in the Dark
- FG set to commence clean-up of oil spills in Ogoni
- "Buhari Is An Incompetent Man Who Destroyed Our Economy" - Dino Melaye
- Fayose Sends Positive Message From EFCC Cell Today
- Beautiful Woman Delivers Conjoined Twins, Seeks Help (Pics)
- So Beautiful! Actress Sola Sobowale Shines In New Photos
- Nigerian duo makes AFCON referee’s list
- First Bank, SEC FC clash in NFF/CBN Cup Final
- NBBF rolls out time table for domestic leagues
- Team Nigeria arrive Budapest for World Championships
- I’m dissatisfied with poor maintenance at Godswill Akpabio Stadium—Ebi Egbe
- Dogo dispels Sunshine Stars’ move rumour
- FIVB: Nigeria to participate in World U19 Championship
- Ghanaian coach linked with NPFL return
- Christ Embassy @ TEG Abuja: It was a Total Experience
- NYSC suspends orientation
- Pastor Chris daughter Sharon & Hubby's honeymoon Photos
- Saraki's Candidate For Kwara, Razak Atunwa Caught In NYSC Certificate Forgery?
- Shooting At Edo State Assembly; Deputy Speaker Impeached, 3 Persons Injured (Photos)
- Ooni's Ex-Wife Zaynab "Forgives Him" and Congratulates Him & His New Wife
- Amaechi APC Faction In Rivers State Loses In Supreme Court?
- Universities to revert to old degree grading system
- Banky W: "I Am Battling Serious Food Poisoning"
- El-rufai Visits Survivors Of Kaduna Violence In Hospitals (Pics)
- Ekweremadu On His Way Out Of PDP Because Of Peter Obi?