Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici said Monday it was not easy to replace a player of the calibre of Cristiano Ronaldo as he also dismissed a return to Italy for Manchester United’s French World Cup winner Paul Pogba.
Ronaldo, 33, joined Juventus from Real Madrid last summer for 100 million euros ($115 million).
The Spanish club have lost three and drawn one of their last four matches and are currently fourth in La Liga.
“Ronaldo is probably the best player in the history of the game so he isn’t easy to replace,” Paratici told journalists at the Manlio Scopigno ceremony at Rieti in central Italy after receiving a “Manager of the Year” award.
Paratici revealed that the five-time Ballon d’Or winner had been keen from the outset to join Juventus.
“We talked about it initially, and straight away we got the feeling he wanted to join us, which was a huge advantage,” he said.
“Real Madrid had a gentleman’s agreement with him, the ownership kicked things off and negotiations began.”
Paratici stressed Juventus’s support for the Portuguese star Ronaldo, currently embroiled in damaging rape allegations.
“Cristiano is a very simple person and an excellent professional, he has all our support,” said Paratici.
The Juventus sporting director ruled out a return of French World Cup winner Pogba, who played for the Turin side from 2012 to 2016.
The 26-year-old Pogba has been told he will not captain United again after reportedly falling out with United manager Jose Mourinho.
“We love him very much,” said Paratici.
“We want him to do well since we are close to him but he isn’t a Juve player anymore.
“We’re connected to him, but we’ve never thought about it and we’re not going to think about it.”
Pogba joined United from Juventus for a then world record fee of £89 million in 2016.
Paratici, 46, also denied a move for Lazio’s Serbian midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, saying: “He’s a great player, but we haven’t spoken to him or Lazio”.
Paratici is set to have more responsibility within Juventus after the departure of general manager Giuseppe Marotta.
“Up to now I was happy with my position but things will now probably change a little.
“My goal will always stay the same, to make Juve as strong as possible. I want to dedicate the award I won today to Mr. Marotta who was like a father to me.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP in Ekiti condemns public hearing on the finances of local governments
- Saraki condemns use of security agents to disenfranchised voters
- FG files charges against permanent secretary, director over alleged land fraud
- Bad luck for APC as Kastina Rep member dumps party for PDP
- Kante: I don’t want attention on my personality
- Barca to equal Bayern’s UCL record with win against Spurs
- De Jong denies PSG’s contract agreement
- Abdidal to meet Dembele over disciplinary issues
- Cavani’s PSG future uncertain
- Klopp evolved at Liverpool says Carragher
- Lady Shows Her Family Living With HIV... what they take daily
- See What Teacher Did To A Student In Lagos Over Minor Offence
- After 33yrs Of Marriage Woman Gives Birth For The First Time ...she delivered triplets
- Properties Worth N1.8bn Forfeited To FG By Corrupt Ex-NDDC Director (Photos)
- Akwa Ibom APC records highest mass defection in years
- Corruption: EFCC drags NBA president to court
- 2019: Buhari Boasts to Defeat Atiku, Obj Roundly
- Oppression, hate speech are two different things — Oyedepo
- What Mavin wants for Bank Music as Reekado go solo
- How divorce made Asamoah Gyan a poor man
- Buhari desperate to retain power, says Ezekwesili
- 22 Arrested Yahoo Boys Have Been Jailed
- Why The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari We Voted For – Ex-APC Spokesperson, Abdullahi
- 52yrs Old Woman Celebrates Birthday In Style After Giving Birth For The First Time (Photos)
- Robbers Who Attacked Female Lecturer Finally Arrested
- Obasanjo's Support Won't Save Atiku From Defeat - Presidency
- Deadly Cult Clash In Lagos; Seven Killed, Many Injured
- Seriously? Senate pays Dariye N85.5m allowances in prison
- Shock As Kidnappers Tie Lecturer To Tree, Shot Him Dead Over Delay In Paying Ransom
- Buhari Regretting That Obasanjo Has Dumped Him, says PDP
- Assistant Pastor Defiles Church Member’s Twin Daughters In Lagos (Photo)
- Oby Ezekwesili threatens to lead protest over electoral bill
- Buhari: Why I Defeated Goodluck Jonathan In 2015
- "Politicians Now Insert Money Inside Sandwich To Buy Votes"
- See How Fraudsters Scammed Shop Owner While Buying N110,000 Phone In Abuja (Photos)
- Reasons Senate, Reps Should Override Buhari On Electoral Act; by Olisa Agbakoba
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- I’m dumping Enyimba for Katsina United —-Ezenwa
- Difficult match but we came out victorious– Alex Iwobi