By Yinka Ajayi
The PDP senatorial candidate for Ondo North Senatorial District of Ondo State, Olusegun Phillips-Alonge has warned the party’s leadership in the state against any attempt to substitute his name on the list to be presented to INEC for 2019 general elections.
Alonge gave this warning in a statement made available to newsmen in Akure on Thursday. He said that he was surprised that the State PDP Chairman, Clement Faboyede could contemplate the idea of substituting his name for that of an another aspirant that was defeated in the primary election duly monitored and supervised by INEC officials.
Alonge further said, “The issue of name substitution started like a rumour after I had won the primaries with 339 votes while Tokunbo Modupe and Saka Lawal scored 280 and 94 votes respectively. All frantic efforts so far made to reach out to the State Party Chairman have been rebuffed. It is most regrettable that Engr. Clement Faboyede has refused to pick my several calls since the rumour of name substitution began.
Meanwhile, Alonge has assured that he was prepared to use all legal means to jealously guard his mandate. He wondered why the State Party Chairman has been avoiding his calls if he was not up to certain mischief as being rumoured. ” The state party chairman is expected to have played the roles of an unbiased arbiter, unifier and a major bridge builder in the processes leading to 2019 general elections. He is also expected to refrain from any act of injustice and inequality capable of making the electorates to lose faith in the party”, said Alonge.
Alonge has also called the attention of National Chairman of PDP, Prince Uche Secondus and other members of the National Working Committee of the party to the injustice and daylight robbery being orchestrated in Ondo State chapter of the party. He said, ” I will urge the National Chairman of our party to prevail on Engr. Clement Faboyede not to tamper with the authentic primary election result for Ondo North Senatorial District which I clearly and indisputably won with 339 votes”.
However, Alonge has also appealed to the conscience of Tokunbo Modupe to refrain from taking advantage of his relationship with Ondo State Chairman of PDP to snatch his mandate. ” My appeal is to Akogun Tokunbo Modupe to desist from going ahead with his determined clandestine efforts of snatching the mandate freely and fairly given to me in an open contest. He needs to realize that nothing can ever be too much to redress any act of injustice, particularly this seeming electoral robbery. The Supreme Court judgement in the case of Rotimi Amechie versus Celestine Omeihia should serve as deference in this unholy manipulation”.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- We Will Not Allow Saraki Humiliate Buhari On Electoral Bill - APC Senators Vow
- Trouble: Oil Marketers To Shut Down All Loading Operations By Midnight
- Akpabio: I Brought Emmanuel Udom From Lagos & Made Him Governor
- See What Armed Robbers Did To This Lady In A Bus (Photos)
- 2019: Obasanjo Slams Buhari
- "I Don't Care What People Who Buy My Guns Do With It"
- Saraki To PDP Supporters: Don’t Be Afraid Of Federal Might
- Why I Won't Resign Over EFCC Case - NBA President
- Jubilation As Police Finally Nab Notorious Cult Leader
- PDP Will Never Come Back To Aso Rock, says Osinbajo
- Shock As Newly Married Lady Falls To Her Death While Taking Special Photo
- Muslim Woman Donates Wrappers To Christian Widows For Christmas Celebration
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NFF fails to promote NNL clubs that made me resigned —Olopade
- NSF: Charity Izevbokun wins first Gold For Edo — Kehinde Osagiede
- We will strive to raise the bar as the best tournament in Nigeria – Inuwa.
- We will prepare hard and take our chances – Dennerby
- Team Anambra target is ten gold medals —- Emeka Egbutu
- WAFU Cup: Flying Eagles up against Junior Mena
- FG, Abia sign definitive agreements Enyimba Economic City
- FRSC worries about Kaduna-Abuja roads
- 2019: Obasanjo insists he wants Buhari out
- South Africa, Cameroon not downcast
- Only A Fool Will Be Neutral When Nigeria Suffer Incompetence & Nepotism – Obasanjo
- Court May Compel Buhari To Investigate Ganduje's Dollar Bribe
- Electoral Amendment: Majority leader backs Buhari
- Northern Leaders Withdraw Support for Buhari over Revelation by his wife, Aisha?
- Police Beat Up Popular Actor Gideon Okeke In Lagos (Photos)
- Man Disgraced As He Was Caught Trying To Steal Ladies' Pant For Money Ritual in Delta
- FG states resolve on INEC’s security
- Super Falcons to know World Cup foes
- Beach Soccer AFCON: Supersand Eagles tackle Senegal
- Father Mbaka ‘Escapes’ Assassination
- Atiku As 2019 Consensus Candidate: PDP Moves To Get Other Parties' Support
- David De Gea is ranked best goalkeeper
- 19th NSF games schedule for Saturday as 23 events go down today
- Team Anambra should stay together to win —-Tony Oli
- NAPF President, Babaginda bails out ailing former Footballer
- Salah sets Liverpool record
- Women’s World Cup draw pits England against Scotland