By Yinka Ajayi
The PDP senatorial candidate for Ondo North Senatorial District of Ondo State, Olusegun Phillips-Alonge has warned the party’s leadership in the state against any attempt to substitute his name on the list to be presented to INEC for 2019 general elections.
Alonge gave this warning in a statement made available to newsmen in Akure on Thursday. He said that he was surprised that the State PDP Chairman, Clement Faboyede could contemplate the idea of substituting his name for that of an another aspirant that was defeated in the primary election duly monitored and supervised by INEC officials.
Alonge further said, “The issue of name substitution started like a rumour after I had won the primaries with 339 votes while Tokunbo Modupe and Saka Lawal scored 280 and 94 votes respectively. All frantic efforts so far made to reach out to the State Party Chairman have been rebuffed. It is most regrettable that Engr. Clement Faboyede has refused to pick my several calls since the rumour of name substitution began.
Meanwhile, Alonge has assured that he was prepared to use all legal means to jealously guard his mandate. He wondered why the State Party Chairman has been avoiding his calls if he was not up to certain mischief as being rumoured. ” The state party chairman is expected to have played the roles of an unbiased arbiter, unifier and a major bridge builder in the processes leading to 2019 general elections. He is also expected to refrain from any act of injustice and inequality capable of making the electorates to lose faith in the party”, said Alonge.
Alonge has also called the attention of National Chairman of PDP, Prince Uche Secondus and other members of the National Working Committee of the party to the injustice and daylight robbery being orchestrated in Ondo State chapter of the party. He said, ” I will urge the National Chairman of our party to prevail on Engr. Clement Faboyede not to tamper with the authentic primary election result for Ondo North Senatorial District which I clearly and indisputably won with 339 votes”.
However, Alonge has also appealed to the conscience of Tokunbo Modupe to refrain from taking advantage of his relationship with Ondo State Chairman of PDP to snatch his mandate. ” My appeal is to Akogun Tokunbo Modupe to desist from going ahead with his determined clandestine efforts of snatching the mandate freely and fairly given to me in an open contest. He needs to realize that nothing can ever be too much to redress any act of injustice, particularly this seeming electoral robbery. The Supreme Court judgement in the case of Rotimi Amechie versus Celestine Omeihia should serve as deference in this unholy manipulation”.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- HFN to seek partnership with other African countries at CAH Congress
- NFF holds 74th annual General Assembly in Asaba
- The 10 best centre backs in the World based on last season’s form.
- Abia Warriors elevate Adenrele to head team
- NFF Corruption Case: 3 staffers released on bail, banned from traveling abroad
- Ex-Super Eagles Cassidy dies at 50
- Heartland FC returns Coach Madu
- 16 teams for 2018 National Volleyball Premier League
- Sen. Shehu Sani joins new party
- Atiku Spotted At 2019 Presidency Strategic Meeting
- Shehu Sani Joins New Party After Dumping APC
- Beautiful Cars of Popular "Silent" Comic Actor Mr. Bean
- Buhari and Ambode At The ECOWAS Border Post (Photos)
- Scam Uncovered In Federal Civil Service Commission Abuja
- Oshiomhole Begs Court: Reject Suit Seeking To Probe Me For Corruption
- $8.1bn scandal: CBN working with MTN to resolve crisis- Minister
- Saraki's Candidate for Kwara, Razak Atunwa Reacts To NYSC Certificate "Forgery" Saga
- Good Man Beaten To Death While Trying To Stop Hoodlum From R*ping A Woman
- Presidency In Panic Over Mass Defections of APC Men In Kano
- PHOTO: 9 Die In Fatal Accident On Lagos/Ibadan Expressway
- Female Corper Gets Apology From Principal Who Flogged Her; he says it was just anger
- Abuja Rail Can't Speed Above 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi
- Jonathan Invites Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku To Launch
- Man Turns Neighbour’s 16-Year-Old Daughter To S*x Slave
- APC Lied, We Didn’t Take Zamfara List From Them – INEC
- TEARS! Mother & Her 2 Kids, Others Perish In Terrible Accident
- Pjanic: CR7 learned simplicity from scholes
- Hamilton’s fifth title on hold as Raikkonen shocks star to victory
- Chelsea player’s must must ease burden on hazard, Willian admits
- Good Luck to Real & Barca in signing Neymar – Marquinhos
- Sarri: Chelsea Fans must respect Mourinho
- Isco: We can’t cry over Cristiano
- Barcelona President: Neymar is not welcomed
- Iniesta leaves NIKE, signs with ASCIS
- Ranked! Top 10 EPL goalkeeper’s
- Federer reveals long-standing hand injury
- Blood Flows As Fight Breaks Out At A Popular Nigerian Bar In Ghana (Graphic Photos)
- DSS Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu's Escape
- Buhari's Friend & DG of VON, Osita Okechukwu hits Oshiomhole