By SUNDAY ODIBASHI
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, on Wednesday, held a consultative meeting to consider appointment of members of the Presidential Campaign Council for the 2019 presidential election.
The Presidential Campaign Council, according to a source at the meeting, comprises of PDP stakeholders and elder statesmen from the 36 states of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, FCT; members of the divers religious beliefs and ethnic cleavages across the country; as well as youths.
It was further disclosed that various non-partisan associations or social clubs were being considered for inclusion in the Presidential Campaign Council of the Abubakar Atiku Presidential Campaign Organization.
However, it is yet to be ascertained whether the presidential campaign activities would be coordinated from the traditional PDP Presidential Campaign Office at Legacy House, Maitama, Abuja, or the Atiku Abubakar Presidential Campaign Organization at Wuse II, Abuja. Before the PDP National Convention in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, all activities were concentrated at the Atiku Presidential Campaign Organization, which is situated about 200 meters away from the Abubakar Bukola Saraki Presidential Campaign Organization, Abuja.
Meanwhile, names and detailed arrangements of the Presidential Campaign Council are expected to be announced soon. Campaign workers and Volunteers Field Canvassers are currently being enlisted at the Atiku Presidential Campaign Organization, and other structures are being installed concomitantly.
Atiku, after winning the PDP presidential primary election on October 7, 2018, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, had promised to conduct an all-inclusive campaign, maintaining that he would seek the counsel of PDP leaders and all party stakeholders in the presidential campaign of the party. He maintained that the campaign is a battle for all party members and not for a single individual, and promised to work with everybody for the victory of the PDP in 2019.
Former Vice President Atiku is expected to proceed on a short break after the wide consultations on comprehensive campaign system, and thereafter, resume for the presidential campaign proper which the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, declared would formally commence on November 18, 2018.
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019: APC should make up its mind on the lie to tell Nigerians – PDP
- 2019: Igbo Leaders endorse Atiku for President
- Bribery scandal: Governor sues newspaper for N3bn
- EFCC seizes properties of Fayose, Diezani, others
- I crave more experience in NPFL —Cameronian coach
- Ehibam Griefshare Foundation partners with Edo state Rugby
- Icheen set for best Women’s Pro-League
- Paul Bassey harps on discipline, professionalism as Akwa United intensify pres-season training
- The most unsettling Tramadol import in years uncovered at Apapa
- Death in the flour: If amala is not your favourite, don’t read this
- How Lagos Police Inspector Killed Man, Stole 2 Sienna Buses
- Man Paints His Beautiful Wife-to-be In Cute Pre-Wedding Pic
- Nigerian Man Killed 24 Hours After Returning From London For Child’s Wedding
- DSS Asks Buhari To Prosecute Oshiomhole Over Dollars?
- Possibility Of Lagos-Abuja 45 Minutes Fast Train
- Jordi Alba: I have no bust up with Enrique
- MTN closes in on $800m Nigeria settlement
- Petroleum bill faces fresh hitch
- Nigerians spend over four hours on the Internet daily
- Fayemi demands refund of N21bn spent on federal roads
- Youth group task party stakeholders against alteration of mandate
- Maradona: Guardiola is just so lucky, Mourinho is way better
- Asensio: I can’t carry Madrid on my shoulders
- Mbappe gives honest opinion about PSG’s UCL ambitions
- Allison: I have to justify my price tag
- Commotion In Anambra House Of Assembly As Policemen Teargas Lawmaker, Others
- About 100 Buhari Campaign Buses Spotted In Lagos
- Atiku Reveals How He Plans To "Make Nigeria Work Again"
- Popular Channels TV Anchor, Maupe Ogun Gives Birth In US
- Comedienne Helen Paul Shows Her Beautiful Family
- What The DSS Report Revealed About Oshiomhole
- Yinka Ayefele's Music House Being Reconstructed By Govt.
- Police doles out millions to wives of slain officers
- Navy’s ex-account chief forfeits millions to EFCC
- Nwabueze, Atiku in emotional vapouring that could make APC jealous
- ZLP presidential candidate backs out, snatches senatorial ticket from member
- Water from the rot
- Married Man Taking Care Of Me Has Infected Me With HIV – Lagos Lady Cries Out
- Saraki Replies Oshiomhole: You Should Not Even Be Talking After "Collecting Dollars"
- TraderMoni A Trick For APC Vote-buying? Case Goes To Court