By SUNDAY ODIBASHI
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, on Wednesday, held a consultative meeting to consider appointment of members of the Presidential Campaign Council for the 2019 presidential election.
The Presidential Campaign Council, according to a source at the meeting, comprises of PDP stakeholders and elder statesmen from the 36 states of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, FCT; members of the divers religious beliefs and ethnic cleavages across the country; as well as youths.
It was further disclosed that various non-partisan associations or social clubs were being considered for inclusion in the Presidential Campaign Council of the Abubakar Atiku Presidential Campaign Organization.
However, it is yet to be ascertained whether the presidential campaign activities would be coordinated from the traditional PDP Presidential Campaign Office at Legacy House, Maitama, Abuja, or the Atiku Abubakar Presidential Campaign Organization at Wuse II, Abuja. Before the PDP National Convention in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, all activities were concentrated at the Atiku Presidential Campaign Organization, which is situated about 200 meters away from the Abubakar Bukola Saraki Presidential Campaign Organization, Abuja.
Meanwhile, names and detailed arrangements of the Presidential Campaign Council are expected to be announced soon. Campaign workers and Volunteers Field Canvassers are currently being enlisted at the Atiku Presidential Campaign Organization, and other structures are being installed concomitantly.
Atiku, after winning the PDP presidential primary election on October 7, 2018, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, had promised to conduct an all-inclusive campaign, maintaining that he would seek the counsel of PDP leaders and all party stakeholders in the presidential campaign of the party. He maintained that the campaign is a battle for all party members and not for a single individual, and promised to work with everybody for the victory of the PDP in 2019.
Former Vice President Atiku is expected to proceed on a short break after the wide consultations on comprehensive campaign system, and thereafter, resume for the presidential campaign proper which the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, declared would formally commence on November 18, 2018.
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Why I missed presidential debate – Buhari
- Jimoh Ibrahim’s mother burnt to death
- Experts chart focus for cyber security in 2019
- CJN Onnoghen Faces Big Challenge As FG Expands Probe
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Retired Generals Conspiring Against Buhari
- Beautiful Pre-wedding Pics Of Nigerian Captain & Pretty Fiancée
- Senior Lawyers To Tackle FG Over Action On CJN Onnoghen
- Nigerian Lady Goes With Her Mother To Pack Husband's Property After Collapsed Marriage
- Faces Of Alleged Top Yahoo Boys Nabbed With Porsche & Other Expensive Rides
- Nigerian Man Dies In Accident, A Day To His Wife's Burial
- How Customs, Police Officers Released Truck Load of Codein After Receiving Bribe
- Atiku Get To Debate Venue, Didn't See Buhari, Then Walk Away... Challenges Mr President
- Billionaire Jimoh Ibrahim's Mother Burnt To Death In Candle Fire
- Lagos Businessman Said To Have Committed Suicide Over R*pe Saga Is In Coma?
- Buhari, APC Frustrated Over Atiku's Trip To US - Party
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Police, Army, in show of force in Lagos
- Atiku challenge Buhari to open debate
- APC, PDP two bad sides of a coin, says Durotoye
- Atiku Arrives Nigeria From US, Received By Supporters (Photos)
- FG plots CJN Onnoghen removal ahead of trial
- APC Jos campaign boils over as Buhari takes back door out
- APC suspends Rochas Okorocha
- Arewa people are also Lagosians, deserve recognition – Balarabe
- Stakeholders rally support for Makinde,gives testimonies of quality representation
- NAPTIP goes after 20,0000 Nigerians girls trafficked to Mali
- Bank PHB: Atiku replies Buhari, APC
- 'Yahoo Boys' Busted... N300m Mansion, $49k Seized From Them
- Why Atiku Travelled To US - Peter Obi
- Woman Stabs Female Neighbour To Death In Lagos
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Young Soldiers On Their Way To Maiduguri To Fight Boko Haram
- Fayose Reacts To Atiku's Trip To America, Hits Buhari
- Family Of LASTMA Officer Who Was Murdered On Duty Get N10m Compensation
- Okorocha's Suspension By APC: Angry Reactions
- Buhari Govt Goes After Atiku, To Now Quiz Him For Corruption... Atiku calls it "Cock & Bull" Story
- Lagos Businessman Accused Of R*pe Cries Out, Commits Suicide
- CJN Onnoghen To Be Arrested? FG Asks Court To Sack Him
- Oshiomhole, El-Rufai Attack Atiku Over Trip To America
- Amaechi Replies Wike For Saying He Plotted CJN's Removal