The Nigerian creative scene has enjoyed a surge in global attention — even just recently, W Mag featured a spread highlighting Nigeria’s creative golden age. The attention and accolades are much deserved, and an inspiration to other creatives to launch into their own dreams.
For Cosmas Ojemen, Emeka Anazodo and Adedayo Laketu, this Golden Age was their biggest inspiration to start their made-in-Nigeria brand, Pith Africa, early last year.
(Photo: Pith Africa)
With their ethos of creating culturally in tune clothing for a youthful generation of global citizens, Pith’s pieces are minimalistic, and play especially with red-yellow hues, inspired by the abundant melanin that radiates through our skin.
In the two years, Pith has released two mini-collections, Dilly 1: A Beginning and Dilly 2: Streetwear. Their first collection is the simpler of the two, as the brand evolved to embrace the vibrancy of today's street style for their second release.
(Photo: Pith Africa)
Worn by Wavythecreator in the "Shaku" video, the pieces from Dilly 2 are bold and eye-catching. Cosmas Ojemen, the creative director of the brand, spoke to Being Gauche about standing out, saying:
"I believe being able to visually represent the soul of a youthful culture helps Pith standout as a brand, however the aim is not to standout."
Inspired by indigenous streetwear powerhouses, Modus Vivendii and WafflenCream, Pith’s free and raw interpretation of streetwear is definitely in tune with the new direction of fashion — embracing the individuality and diversity that is characteristic of our conscious generation.
Watch their campaign videos below:[embedded content] [embedded content]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nnamdi Kanu Called Me, He Agreed To Work To Defeat Buhari - Fani-Kayode
- Polio Victim Who Just Finished NYSC Shares Touching Story
- Wife Cries Out As Her Husband Got Married To Another Lady
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ooni's New Wife Leads Praise & Worship In His Palace (Photos)
- Why APC Sen. Shehu Sani defects
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League
- Court rejects Russian footballers’ appeal over attack
- Ghana withdraws from CAF competitions
- See How Buhari’s Poor Performance Is Elevating Atiku
- Ekweremadu May Dump PDP?
- Woman Cries Bitterly After Being Scammed By Yahoo Boy
- Saudi Arabia admits missing journalist died in Consulate
- N8.86bn debt: Bank battles late billionaire’s family
- Tenis star Sharapova confirms romance with Prince william
- Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd is a typical Torres at Chelsea – Carragher
- Copa del’ Rey decisive fixtures
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- EFCC stacks allegation, evidence against Fayose in court
- 900 retirees die waiting for pension
- Ooni Reveals Why He Married A Prophetess (Photos)
- Fayose Charged With Fraud By EFCC, Moved To Lagos
- Delta State University Graduate Climbs A Mast After Running Mad (Photo)
- I Don’t Know Bola Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo
- Windscreens Cracked As Hailstones Rain Down On Cars From The Sky In Abuja
- Minimum Wage: Ngge Says Labour Can't Dictate To Govt.
- Police Drags Adeleke To Court, Says "We're Not Aware Of Kemi Adeosun Forgery"
- N2.1bn Case: Face Dasuki, Not I - Dokpesi Tells Court
- Amosun Dares APC, Insists On Handing Over To His Candidate
- See Reactions To Nnamdi Kanu's Appearance In Jerusalem
- Photos Of VP Osinbajo Visiting Bayelsa Flood Victims
- Popular Actor Okon Lagos and His Beautiful Wife Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary