The three unions are: the National Union if Air Transport Employees (NUATE), the Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (ATSSSAN) and the National Association of Aircraft Pilots and Engineers (NAAPE).
The Director General of the CSO, Mr Agbonkpolor Splendour, made this call in a statement he signed and made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Abuja.
Splendour called on the striking members of the unions to employ alternative means of dispute resolution instead of embarking on the strike which he said, could cripple the nation’s economy.
The DG expressed confidence on the leadership of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) that the crisis would be resolved, if the unions could find a means of discussing with the leadership on the issue.
Splendour also appreciated the Managing Director of FAAN, Mr Saleh Dunoma for his doggedness and dedication towards upholding the best practices in managing Nigeria airport operations.
He said that the MD had been able to follow the lines and mandate in regulating the Nigeria Airport operations, which had hitherto, placed the aviation sector in the limelight.
“We commend his giant strides so far in the aviation sector. We urge the MD to continue his good work in the industry and not relent in the drive to consolidate the effort of the Federal Government of Nigeria,” he said.
NAN reports that the striking union members had on Oct. 5 issued a notice of the strike to the management of FAAN that it would begin strike on Oct. 10, if the sacked workers were not recalled.
The unions also alleged that the affected workers were laid off by Bi-Courtney Aviation Limited (BASL), operating at the Murtala Muhammed Airport 2 (MMA2), Lagos, for showing interest to participate in unionism activities.
The unions in the notice of the strike, threatened that it would shut down operations at the MMA2, if BASL could not cooperate with the intervention of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and airport security agencies. (NAN
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP in Ekiti condemns public hearing on the finances of local governments
- Saraki condemns use of security agents to disenfranchised voters
- FG files charges against permanent secretary, director over alleged land fraud
- Bad luck for APC as Kastina Rep member dumps party for PDP
- Kante: I don’t want attention on my personality
- Barca to equal Bayern’s UCL record with win against Spurs
- De Jong denies PSG’s contract agreement
- Abdidal to meet Dembele over disciplinary issues
- Cavani’s PSG future uncertain
- Klopp evolved at Liverpool says Carragher
- Lady Shows Her Family Living With HIV... what they take daily
- See What Teacher Did To A Student In Lagos Over Minor Offence
- After 33yrs Of Marriage Woman Gives Birth For The First Time ...she delivered triplets
- Properties Worth N1.8bn Forfeited To FG By Corrupt Ex-NDDC Director (Photos)
- Akwa Ibom APC records highest mass defection in years
- Corruption: EFCC drags NBA president to court
- 2019: Buhari Boasts to Defeat Atiku, Obj Roundly
- Oppression, hate speech are two different things — Oyedepo
- What Mavin wants for Bank Music as Reekado go solo
- How divorce made Asamoah Gyan a poor man
- Buhari desperate to retain power, says Ezekwesili
- 22 Arrested Yahoo Boys Have Been Jailed
- Why The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari We Voted For – Ex-APC Spokesperson, Abdullahi
- 52yrs Old Woman Celebrates Birthday In Style After Giving Birth For The First Time (Photos)
- Robbers Who Attacked Female Lecturer Finally Arrested
- Obasanjo's Support Won't Save Atiku From Defeat - Presidency
- Deadly Cult Clash In Lagos; Seven Killed, Many Injured
- Seriously? Senate pays Dariye N85.5m allowances in prison
- Shock As Kidnappers Tie Lecturer To Tree, Shot Him Dead Over Delay In Paying Ransom
- Buhari Regretting That Obasanjo Has Dumped Him, says PDP
- Assistant Pastor Defiles Church Member’s Twin Daughters In Lagos (Photo)
- Oby Ezekwesili threatens to lead protest over electoral bill
- Buhari: Why I Defeated Goodluck Jonathan In 2015
- "Politicians Now Insert Money Inside Sandwich To Buy Votes"
- See How Fraudsters Scammed Shop Owner While Buying N110,000 Phone In Abuja (Photos)
- Reasons Senate, Reps Should Override Buhari On Electoral Act; by Olisa Agbakoba
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- I’m dumping Enyimba for Katsina United —-Ezenwa
- Difficult match but we came out victorious– Alex Iwobi