The three unions are: the National Union if Air Transport Employees (NUATE), the Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (ATSSSAN) and the National Association of Aircraft Pilots and Engineers (NAAPE).
The Director General of the CSO, Mr Agbonkpolor Splendour, made this call in a statement he signed and made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Abuja.
Splendour called on the striking members of the unions to employ alternative means of dispute resolution instead of embarking on the strike which he said, could cripple the nation’s economy.
The DG expressed confidence on the leadership of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) that the crisis would be resolved, if the unions could find a means of discussing with the leadership on the issue.
Splendour also appreciated the Managing Director of FAAN, Mr Saleh Dunoma for his doggedness and dedication towards upholding the best practices in managing Nigeria airport operations.
He said that the MD had been able to follow the lines and mandate in regulating the Nigeria Airport operations, which had hitherto, placed the aviation sector in the limelight.
“We commend his giant strides so far in the aviation sector. We urge the MD to continue his good work in the industry and not relent in the drive to consolidate the effort of the Federal Government of Nigeria,” he said.
NAN reports that the striking union members had on Oct. 5 issued a notice of the strike to the management of FAAN that it would begin strike on Oct. 10, if the sacked workers were not recalled.
The unions also alleged that the affected workers were laid off by Bi-Courtney Aviation Limited (BASL), operating at the Murtala Muhammed Airport 2 (MMA2), Lagos, for showing interest to participate in unionism activities.
The unions in the notice of the strike, threatened that it would shut down operations at the MMA2, if BASL could not cooperate with the intervention of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and airport security agencies. (NAN
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Why APC Sen. Shehu Sani defects
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League
- Court rejects Russian footballers’ appeal over attack
- Ghana withdraws from CAF competitions
- See How Buhari’s Poor Performance Is Elevating Atiku
- Ekweremadu May Dump PDP?
- Woman Cries Bitterly After Being Scammed By Yahoo Boy
- Saudi Arabia admits missing journalist died in Consulate
- N8.86bn debt: Bank battles late billionaire’s family
- Tenis star Sharapova confirms romance with Prince william
- Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd is a typical Torres at Chelsea – Carragher
- Copa del’ Rey decisive fixtures
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- EFCC stacks allegation, evidence against Fayose in court
- 900 retirees die waiting for pension
- Ooni Reveals Why He Married A Prophetess (Photos)
- Fayose Charged With Fraud By EFCC, Moved To Lagos
- Delta State University Graduate Climbs A Mast After Running Mad (Photo)
- I Don’t Know Bola Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo
- Windscreens Cracked As Hailstones Rain Down On Cars From The Sky In Abuja
- Minimum Wage: Ngge Says Labour Can't Dictate To Govt.
- Police Drags Adeleke To Court, Says "We're Not Aware Of Kemi Adeosun Forgery"
- N2.1bn Case: Face Dasuki, Not I - Dokpesi Tells Court
- Amosun Dares APC, Insists On Handing Over To His Candidate
- See Reactions To Nnamdi Kanu's Appearance In Jerusalem
- Photos Of VP Osinbajo Visiting Bayelsa Flood Victims
- Popular Actor Okon Lagos and His Beautiful Wife Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- SFU exposes bank staffers, criminals forging ATM cards
- Splinter group emerges in APC
- 2019: Buhari remembers Jonathan, tells Kannywood his surprise
- Usain Bolt, Valletta contract goes south