…announces tenure extension for Abdulsalam’s led NWC
By Chris Ochayi
ABUJA – The leadership crisis rocking the Labour Party, LP, is far from been over as the National Executive Committee, NEC, of the party, yesterday, announced the suspension of eight members of National Working Committee, NWC, over allegation of anti-party activities and nonchalant attitude to constitutional duty.
The NEC of the labour Party, which welded the big stick on the erring members during its meeting held on October 9, 2019, named the suspended members to include, Callistus Uju Okafor , Deputy National Chairman Ebere Ifendu, Publicity Secretary, Bobo Atari Adou – National Vice-Chairman South South.
Others include, Maman Bukar –National Vice Chairman North-East, Hosannah Samuel –Deputy National Women Leader South-South, Veronica Ogudu –Deputy National Women Leader South-East, Hajia Zanaib Moh’d -Asst. Financial Secretary and Andrew Ukpobitere –National Youth Leader.
The NEC meeting which had the National Working Committee, NWC, members, State Chairmen and Secretaries of the party in attendance, also endorsed the tenure extension of the NWC members.
The party’s resolution according to a statement by its National Chairman, Alhaji Abdulkadir Abdulsalam in Abuja, was aimed to further strengthen the party ahead of the 2019 general elections.
According to a member of the committee, Hon. Kelly Ogbalor who moved the motion for extension of tenure for the National Working Committee members of the party said there was an urgent need to extend the tenure of the officers stating that the elections are near and there would be no time for preparations.
Speaking on the motion moved for the extension of tenure of the National Officers, NEC in session noted the urgency of the motion and its impact on the party as general election draws nearer.
NEC which articulated its constitutional responsibility to decide on and convene National Convention and Congresses as stipulated in Article 13(B)viii and ix of the party’s constitution, also exercised its right by approving the tenure extension of the National Working Committee members for another one year.
Also passing a note of no confidence in some members of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the Labour Party, for anti-party activities, Hon. Luke Ezeanokwasa, called for the suspension of the erring members.
Labour Party National Executive Council also the suspension of the 8members of the National Working Committee for anti-party activities and nonchalant attitude to constitutional duty.
The Council also promised to uphold the sanctity of the party’s constitution and 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Why APC Sen. Shehu Sani defects
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League
- Court rejects Russian footballers’ appeal over attack
- Ghana withdraws from CAF competitions
- See How Buhari’s Poor Performance Is Elevating Atiku
- Ekweremadu May Dump PDP?
- Woman Cries Bitterly After Being Scammed By Yahoo Boy
- Saudi Arabia admits missing journalist died in Consulate
- N8.86bn debt: Bank battles late billionaire’s family
- Tenis star Sharapova confirms romance with Prince william
- Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd is a typical Torres at Chelsea – Carragher
- Copa del’ Rey decisive fixtures
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- EFCC stacks allegation, evidence against Fayose in court
- 900 retirees die waiting for pension
- Ooni Reveals Why He Married A Prophetess (Photos)
- Fayose Charged With Fraud By EFCC, Moved To Lagos
- Delta State University Graduate Climbs A Mast After Running Mad (Photo)
- I Don’t Know Bola Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo
- Windscreens Cracked As Hailstones Rain Down On Cars From The Sky In Abuja
- Minimum Wage: Ngge Says Labour Can't Dictate To Govt.
- Police Drags Adeleke To Court, Says "We're Not Aware Of Kemi Adeosun Forgery"
- N2.1bn Case: Face Dasuki, Not I - Dokpesi Tells Court
- Amosun Dares APC, Insists On Handing Over To His Candidate
- See Reactions To Nnamdi Kanu's Appearance In Jerusalem
- Photos Of VP Osinbajo Visiting Bayelsa Flood Victims
- Popular Actor Okon Lagos and His Beautiful Wife Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- SFU exposes bank staffers, criminals forging ATM cards
- Splinter group emerges in APC
- 2019: Buhari remembers Jonathan, tells Kannywood his surprise
- Usain Bolt, Valletta contract goes south