…announces tenure extension for Abdulsalam’s led NWC
By Chris Ochayi
ABUJA – The leadership crisis rocking the Labour Party, LP, is far from been over as the National Executive Committee, NEC, of the party, yesterday, announced the suspension of eight members of National Working Committee, NWC, over allegation of anti-party activities and nonchalant attitude to constitutional duty.
The NEC of the labour Party, which welded the big stick on the erring members during its meeting held on October 9, 2019, named the suspended members to include, Callistus Uju Okafor , Deputy National Chairman Ebere Ifendu, Publicity Secretary, Bobo Atari Adou – National Vice-Chairman South South.
Others include, Maman Bukar –National Vice Chairman North-East, Hosannah Samuel –Deputy National Women Leader South-South, Veronica Ogudu –Deputy National Women Leader South-East, Hajia Zanaib Moh’d -Asst. Financial Secretary and Andrew Ukpobitere –National Youth Leader.
The NEC meeting which had the National Working Committee, NWC, members, State Chairmen and Secretaries of the party in attendance, also endorsed the tenure extension of the NWC members.
The party’s resolution according to a statement by its National Chairman, Alhaji Abdulkadir Abdulsalam in Abuja, was aimed to further strengthen the party ahead of the 2019 general elections.
According to a member of the committee, Hon. Kelly Ogbalor who moved the motion for extension of tenure for the National Working Committee members of the party said there was an urgent need to extend the tenure of the officers stating that the elections are near and there would be no time for preparations.
Speaking on the motion moved for the extension of tenure of the National Officers, NEC in session noted the urgency of the motion and its impact on the party as general election draws nearer.
NEC which articulated its constitutional responsibility to decide on and convene National Convention and Congresses as stipulated in Article 13(B)viii and ix of the party’s constitution, also exercised its right by approving the tenure extension of the National Working Committee members for another one year.
Also passing a note of no confidence in some members of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the Labour Party, for anti-party activities, Hon. Luke Ezeanokwasa, called for the suspension of the erring members.
Labour Party National Executive Council also the suspension of the 8members of the National Working Committee for anti-party activities and nonchalant attitude to constitutional duty.
The Council also promised to uphold the sanctity of the party’s constitution and 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP in Ekiti condemns public hearing on the finances of local governments
- Saraki condemns use of security agents to disenfranchised voters
- FG files charges against permanent secretary, director over alleged land fraud
- Bad luck for APC as Kastina Rep member dumps party for PDP
- Kante: I don’t want attention on my personality
- Barca to equal Bayern’s UCL record with win against Spurs
- De Jong denies PSG’s contract agreement
- Abdidal to meet Dembele over disciplinary issues
- Cavani’s PSG future uncertain
- Klopp evolved at Liverpool says Carragher
- Lady Shows Her Family Living With HIV... what they take daily
- See What Teacher Did To A Student In Lagos Over Minor Offence
- After 33yrs Of Marriage Woman Gives Birth For The First Time ...she delivered triplets
- Properties Worth N1.8bn Forfeited To FG By Corrupt Ex-NDDC Director (Photos)
- Akwa Ibom APC records highest mass defection in years
- Corruption: EFCC drags NBA president to court
- 2019: Buhari Boasts to Defeat Atiku, Obj Roundly
- Oppression, hate speech are two different things — Oyedepo
- What Mavin wants for Bank Music as Reekado go solo
- How divorce made Asamoah Gyan a poor man
- Buhari desperate to retain power, says Ezekwesili
- 22 Arrested Yahoo Boys Have Been Jailed
- Why The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari We Voted For – Ex-APC Spokesperson, Abdullahi
- 52yrs Old Woman Celebrates Birthday In Style After Giving Birth For The First Time (Photos)
- Robbers Who Attacked Female Lecturer Finally Arrested
- Obasanjo's Support Won't Save Atiku From Defeat - Presidency
- Deadly Cult Clash In Lagos; Seven Killed, Many Injured
- Seriously? Senate pays Dariye N85.5m allowances in prison
- Shock As Kidnappers Tie Lecturer To Tree, Shot Him Dead Over Delay In Paying Ransom
- Buhari Regretting That Obasanjo Has Dumped Him, says PDP
- Assistant Pastor Defiles Church Member’s Twin Daughters In Lagos (Photo)
- Oby Ezekwesili threatens to lead protest over electoral bill
- Buhari: Why I Defeated Goodluck Jonathan In 2015
- "Politicians Now Insert Money Inside Sandwich To Buy Votes"
- See How Fraudsters Scammed Shop Owner While Buying N110,000 Phone In Abuja (Photos)
- Reasons Senate, Reps Should Override Buhari On Electoral Act; by Olisa Agbakoba
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- I’m dumping Enyimba for Katsina United —-Ezenwa
- Difficult match but we came out victorious– Alex Iwobi