Ladipo told Newsmen he was however pleased with latest developments in boxing as the sport was gradually getting the attention it deserves.
Ladipo said the upcoming boxing reality show, “Rumble in the Box’’, was an example of latest positive developments in the sport in Nigeria.
“It is good. `Rumble in the Box’ which is set to come up in January will put boxing in Nigeria on another level.
“I must commend the person who brought up the idea, Mansa Musa Promotions, for the initiative to develop the youths through their hard-earned funds.
“This is what we want for boxing as we have continued to keep our doors open to promoters and sponsors of boxing,’’ he said.
Ajibade Olajoku, the Chief Executive Officer of Mansa Musa Promotions, told NAN that the boxing reality show would have 24 male boxers and 16 female boxers competing.
He said the whole target of the event is to add value to boxing and make international boxing stars because it would be transmitted live on television.
Olajoku added that the best female and male boxers going by the highest number of votes would get the opportunity to fight in the world championship belts.
“We are happy to tell the world what we want to do at Mansa Musa Boxing Productions and which is to get highly skilled boxers to fight in the lightweight category in a reality show.
“The boxing reality show will have 24 male boxers and 16 female boxers in one location and also moving together competing and training together.
“The show would also go through elimination series where the viewers would get to decide the fate of every boxer until we get the best boxer that is fit to compete internationally,’’ Olajoku added.
He also said that the show would have a multi-talented world-class coach, the U.S.-based Demarcus Corley, to guide the youths on how to go about their training.
“Corley, nicknamed `Chop Chop’ and was a world-class professional with 84 fights and 50 wins, would be on ground as a guide for the boxers.
Speaking also, Remi Aboderin, the General Secretary of Nigeria Boxing Board of Control (NBB of C), assured that the boxing reality show would be a great success.
He said already the event has the backing of the association.
Aboderin who doubles as the President of West Africa Boxing Union (WABU) said the event was packaged to give young and skillful boxers an opportunity to showcase their talents.
“We at the NBB of C are confident about the whole idea because it is set up for the good of our boxers.
“We want more promoters to come and invest in boxing and give our home-grown talents the opportunity to show their quality and guide them to stardom.
“The idea of having Corley to guide the boxers is also well accepted because he has the credentials in terms of his professional records and achievements,’’ he said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Why APC Sen. Shehu Sani defects
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League
- Court rejects Russian footballers’ appeal over attack
- Ghana withdraws from CAF competitions
- See How Buhari’s Poor Performance Is Elevating Atiku
- Ekweremadu May Dump PDP?
- Woman Cries Bitterly After Being Scammed By Yahoo Boy
- Saudi Arabia admits missing journalist died in Consulate
- N8.86bn debt: Bank battles late billionaire’s family
- Tenis star Sharapova confirms romance with Prince william
- Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd is a typical Torres at Chelsea – Carragher
- Copa del’ Rey decisive fixtures
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- EFCC stacks allegation, evidence against Fayose in court
- 900 retirees die waiting for pension
- Ooni Reveals Why He Married A Prophetess (Photos)
- Fayose Charged With Fraud By EFCC, Moved To Lagos
- Delta State University Graduate Climbs A Mast After Running Mad (Photo)
- I Don’t Know Bola Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo
- Windscreens Cracked As Hailstones Rain Down On Cars From The Sky In Abuja
- Minimum Wage: Ngge Says Labour Can't Dictate To Govt.
- Police Drags Adeleke To Court, Says "We're Not Aware Of Kemi Adeosun Forgery"
- N2.1bn Case: Face Dasuki, Not I - Dokpesi Tells Court
- Amosun Dares APC, Insists On Handing Over To His Candidate
- See Reactions To Nnamdi Kanu's Appearance In Jerusalem
- Photos Of VP Osinbajo Visiting Bayelsa Flood Victims
- Popular Actor Okon Lagos and His Beautiful Wife Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- SFU exposes bank staffers, criminals forging ATM cards
- Splinter group emerges in APC
- 2019: Buhari remembers Jonathan, tells Kannywood his surprise
- Usain Bolt, Valletta contract goes south