– The coalition of presidential aspirants of APC have called for removal of Adams Oshiomhole
– They complained about Oshiomhole’s leadership style as the national chairman of the party
– The coalition said Oshiomhole does not have the capacity to lead the party to victory in 2019
Former Edo state governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, was on Wednesday, October 10, asked by the coalition of presidential aspirants to resign his current position as national chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC).
Vanguard reports that the coalition made this known in a statement signed by Alhaji Mumakai-Unagha and SKC Ogbonnia,
The statement read: “The national chairman does not have the capacity to lead the party to victory come 2019 following the crisis he has created all over the country as soon as he assumed office, therefore he has lost the confidence of All Progressive Progress members.”
“We, the coalition of APC presidential aspirants, including governorship, Senatorial, House of Representative and Houses of Assembly aspirants are hereby calling on the National Chairman to resign.”
“Should the national chairman fail to resign, we shall mobilize APC faithful across the country to besiege the party secretariat.
“He has not only succeeded in creating factions within the party in almost the whole thirty six states of the Federation, including the Federal Capital Territory, he has introduced development unknown to democracy.
“He deliberately hiked the prizes of nomination forms to scare genuine Nigerians with burning desire to salvage the nation’s economy; he is gradually destroying the party to pave way for the People Democratic Party
“It is obvious that he cannot manage crisis and he will not be able to manage the crisis he created with impunity during the recent primary elections conducted by the party, as it was all sham. He imposed party executives as well as candidates in the various constituents against the wishes of the people, it asserted.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
“Adams Oshiomhole conspired to deny Nigerian youths as well as party members that are desirous of contesting the 2019 general election through the prohibitive hike of the nomination form.
“Today, APC as a party is sharply divided as the recent primary elections were held on factional bases. We are not sure of the party victory come 2019 due to what we may regard or call man -made crisis created by the chairman.”
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that some governors on the platform of the APC were reportedly calling for the removal of the chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole.
A minister who spoke on the condition of anonymity spoke on Wednesday, October 9 said they were not comfortable with hi style of leadership.
The minister reportedly claimed the governors did not financially contribute to the party’s convention and were monitoring how money gotten sale of nomination forms are being spent.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- HFN to seek partnership with other African countries at CAH Congress
- NFF holds 74th annual General Assembly in Asaba
- The 10 best centre backs in the World based on last season’s form.
- Abia Warriors elevate Adenrele to head team
- NFF Corruption Case: 3 staffers released on bail, banned from traveling abroad
- Ex-Super Eagles Cassidy dies at 50
- Heartland FC returns Coach Madu
- 16 teams for 2018 National Volleyball Premier League
- Sen. Shehu Sani joins new party
- Atiku Spotted At 2019 Presidency Strategic Meeting
- Shehu Sani Joins New Party After Dumping APC
- Beautiful Cars of Popular "Silent" Comic Actor Mr. Bean
- Buhari and Ambode At The ECOWAS Border Post (Photos)
- Scam Uncovered In Federal Civil Service Commission Abuja
- Oshiomhole Begs Court: Reject Suit Seeking To Probe Me For Corruption
- $8.1bn scandal: CBN working with MTN to resolve crisis- Minister
- Saraki's Candidate for Kwara, Razak Atunwa Reacts To NYSC Certificate "Forgery" Saga
- Good Man Beaten To Death While Trying To Stop Hoodlum From R*ping A Woman
- Presidency In Panic Over Mass Defections of APC Men In Kano
- PHOTO: 9 Die In Fatal Accident On Lagos/Ibadan Expressway
- Female Corper Gets Apology From Principal Who Flogged Her; he says it was just anger
- Abuja Rail Can't Speed Above 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi
- Jonathan Invites Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku To Launch
- Man Turns Neighbour’s 16-Year-Old Daughter To S*x Slave
- APC Lied, We Didn’t Take Zamfara List From Them – INEC
- TEARS! Mother & Her 2 Kids, Others Perish In Terrible Accident
- Pjanic: CR7 learned simplicity from scholes
- Hamilton’s fifth title on hold as Raikkonen shocks star to victory
- Chelsea player’s must must ease burden on hazard, Willian admits
- Good Luck to Real & Barca in signing Neymar – Marquinhos
- Sarri: Chelsea Fans must respect Mourinho
- Isco: We can’t cry over Cristiano
- Barcelona President: Neymar is not welcomed
- Iniesta leaves NIKE, signs with ASCIS
- Ranked! Top 10 EPL goalkeeper’s
- Federer reveals long-standing hand injury
- Blood Flows As Fight Breaks Out At A Popular Nigerian Bar In Ghana (Graphic Photos)
- DSS Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu's Escape
- Buhari's Friend & DG of VON, Osita Okechukwu hits Oshiomhole