– The coalition of presidential aspirants of APC have called for removal of Adams Oshiomhole
– They complained about Oshiomhole’s leadership style as the national chairman of the party
– The coalition said Oshiomhole does not have the capacity to lead the party to victory in 2019
Former Edo state governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, was on Wednesday, October 10, asked by the coalition of presidential aspirants to resign his current position as national chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC).
Vanguard reports that the coalition made this known in a statement signed by Alhaji Mumakai-Unagha and SKC Ogbonnia,
The statement read: “The national chairman does not have the capacity to lead the party to victory come 2019 following the crisis he has created all over the country as soon as he assumed office, therefore he has lost the confidence of All Progressive Progress members.”
“We, the coalition of APC presidential aspirants, including governorship, Senatorial, House of Representative and Houses of Assembly aspirants are hereby calling on the National Chairman to resign.”
“Should the national chairman fail to resign, we shall mobilize APC faithful across the country to besiege the party secretariat.
“He has not only succeeded in creating factions within the party in almost the whole thirty six states of the Federation, including the Federal Capital Territory, he has introduced development unknown to democracy.
“He deliberately hiked the prizes of nomination forms to scare genuine Nigerians with burning desire to salvage the nation’s economy; he is gradually destroying the party to pave way for the People Democratic Party
“It is obvious that he cannot manage crisis and he will not be able to manage the crisis he created with impunity during the recent primary elections conducted by the party, as it was all sham. He imposed party executives as well as candidates in the various constituents against the wishes of the people, it asserted.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
“Adams Oshiomhole conspired to deny Nigerian youths as well as party members that are desirous of contesting the 2019 general election through the prohibitive hike of the nomination form.
“Today, APC as a party is sharply divided as the recent primary elections were held on factional bases. We are not sure of the party victory come 2019 due to what we may regard or call man -made crisis created by the chairman.”
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that some governors on the platform of the APC were reportedly calling for the removal of the chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole.
A minister who spoke on the condition of anonymity spoke on Wednesday, October 9 said they were not comfortable with hi style of leadership.
The minister reportedly claimed the governors did not financially contribute to the party’s convention and were monitoring how money gotten sale of nomination forms are being spent.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Senate confirms Buhari’s nominees
- CAC registers 39,074 new business names in two months under N5,000 fees strategy
- Crisis rocks Sanwo-Olu’s campaign organization
- APC questions Okorocha, six others over anti-party activities
- Buhari defends Governor Ganduje on $5m bribe video at Town-hall Interactive Programme
- Uproars over directive to freeze CJN Onnoghen’s accounts
- PDP says Osinbajo lied
- How CUPP leaked plot to freeze Onnoghen’s accounts
- Agbakoba files suit asking Court to stop Onnoghen’s arraignment
- Even at expense of my life, I’ll privatize NNPC, says Atiku
- North ready to embrace restructuring, says el-Rufai
- Here's Man Who R*ped 78yrs Old Woman In Lagos... He has been dragged to court
- Buhari Raises Alarm: Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria
- IGP Adamu Talks Tough, Blames Poor Leadership For Problems In Nigeria Police
- Nigeria’s inflation rate shots up in December – NBS
- Theresa May survives No Confidence Vote
- Rich Kidnapper Evans Makes More Revelations
- I Feel Sad Over CJN Onnoghen's Trial – Osinbajo
- CCTV Captures The Shocking Moment Thief Scaled Fence Into A House In Lagos
- PHOTO: Atiku Bows As He Meets Ooni Of Ife
- MC Oluomo Discharged From Lagos Hospital (Photos)
- Falana Opens Up: Dangerous Precedents Being Set In CJN Case
- So Sad! Husband, Wife & Their Son Die In Terrible Accident
- Reactions Trailing FG's Latest Action Against CJN Onnoghen
- I Will Privatize NNPC, It's A Mafia Organization – Atiku
- New IGP Gives First Order To All Police Officers
- Good Doctor Hurries To Help Victims Of A Car Crash Only To Find His Fiancee Dead In The Wreckage
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- NWPL Super 4: Okon says Lagos is fertile ground for Rivers Angels
- Top 10 players to look out for in the 2018 NWPL Super 4
- Messi hungry for more after reaching 400 La Liga goals
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Kathryn Mayorga lawyer to meet Jasmine Lennard
- SAR operatives get PDP gov. into trouble
- NFF sympathises with Kanu, calls on police to track down burglars
- CJN Onnoghen Saga: FG Asks NFIU To Freeze His Accounts
- Mba returns as Force spokesperson
- Nigeria has a date with destiny in 2019 – Saraki
- Onnoghen: Osinbajo says Buhari knew about CJN trial Saturday
- Ex-NAF chief forfeits billions to FG