President Muhammadu Buhari
The Federal Government will offer 10 state-owned companies for sale to selected investors and the public in the fourth quarter to raise N289bn toward funding the 2018 budget, the Bureau of Public Enterprises said.
Preparations are in the final stages to begin the sale of the companies in industries that range from power through aviation to insurance, a director of the BPE, Joe Anichebe, said on Saturday in Abeokuta, according to a report by Bloomberg on Monday.
“Two of them, Nicon Insurance Limited and Skyway Aviation Handling Company, will be sold this month or early next month through an initial public offering,” he said.
President Muhammadu Buhari had signed a record N9.1tn budget into law in June, with a smaller fiscal deficit compared with the previous year, which the government seeks to fund from sources other than revenue from oil, its main export.
The privatisation agency had pledged to raise N306bn to help finance the planned spending.
The agency sold a 21 per cent stake in the state-owned mint to the Central Bank of Nigeria last week for N17.3bn, according to Anichebe.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- LAUTECH Students Protest, Shut Down School Over Fee Hike
- Presidency Reacts To Video Of Gov Ganduje 'Receiving' Bribe
- Nigeria Amputee Football Team In Ghastly Car Crash En-route Abuja For Visa (Photos)
- Speaker Dogara Declares Two Reps' Seats Vacant
- Tenure expiration: Fayose’s whereabouts remains unknown
- Nigeria’s inflation on the rise again
- CBN set to revamp banking regulations
- Young Nigerian Man Married To Elderly White Woman Dies Of Massive Heart Attack (Photo)
- Mama Rainbow Celebrates 76th Birthday With Lovely Photos
- Kayode Fayemi Sworn-in As New Governor Of Ekiti State
- Fayose Arrives EFCC Office In Style (Photo)
- Saudi Arabia to admit missing journalist was killed
- Evil Staff Kidnaps & Kills Boss Who Sacked Him For Stealing
- Atiku Reacts To Killing Of Hauwa Liman By Boko Haram
- Rich Nigerian Man & Friends Die In Fatal Accident At Night
- Beautiful Lady Working As A Mechanic Melts Hearts Online
- Presidency orders EFCC to detain Fayose indefinitely, says PDP
- Businessmen Arrested For 'Stealing' Spare Parts In Lagos
- Obasanjo Commended For Openly Endorsing Atiku
- 72 Afe Babalola Uni Students Graduate With First Class
- Atiku Appoints Saraki, Fayose, Wike To Head 2019 Campaign
- SP shoots dead ex-finance minister’s daughter; family suspects something else
- “N230m bursary to 5,393 Ondo students—dividend of democracy”
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Police Saved Man's Life After Heath Challenge While Driving
- Woman Gives Birth While In A Coma, Wakes Up 23 Days After To See Baby In Her Arms (Photos)
- INEC Chairman Gives Update On APC Position In Zamfara
- So Boko Haram Finally Killed This Beautiful Lady?
- Fayose: I’m Storming EFCC Today With My Bedclothes, Bible...
- Man Kidnaps His Cheating Girlfriend’s Mother
- Dancing Senator Adeleke Dragged To Court By FG
- Dino Melaye Cries Out: My Life Is Under Threat
- APC Aspirants: Many Unpopular Candidates Will Affect Buhari
- Newlywed Killed 5 Days After Wedding While On Honeymoon With Wife (Photo)
- Buhari Is A Misfit, He Has To Leave In 2019 – Tambuwal
- Story Of Woman Who Suffered 35 Miscarriages In 7 Years
- Atiku Meets Jonathan To Strategize For 2019 Election (Photos)
- Married Woman Bites Off Landlord's Lips (Photo)
- “Fayose to be detained indefinitely”
- Ekiti State ready to hijack Gold Cup Tourney from Benue State