Courtois, Varane, Ramos, Modric and Marcelo pose with their FIFA The Best prizes
Real Madrid were the most honoured club at FIFA’s The Best awards on Monday night, with five of their players picking up six honours between them.
The club proudly showed off their trophies on Tuesday morning, as the winning players returned to training in Spain.
Thibaut Courtois, Raphael Varane, Sergio Ramos, Luka Modric and Marcelo posed with their prizes along with their team mates at the Ciudad Real Madrid training ground.
They posed with their Real Madrid team mates on their return to training on Tuesday morning
Soon the awards were put away however, with Modric and co in the heat of battle in training, under the eye of manager Julen Lopetegui.
Modric was the star man, having been named best men’s player, as well as featuring in the team of the year alongside Ramos, Varane and Marcelo.
After showing off his awards, Modric was soon back in the heat of battle in training
Captain Ramos proudly posed in the video posted to Real’s Twitter page with his arm around Modric’s shoulder. Both, rather distractingly, had also rolled up their shorts to show off their bulging thigh muscles.
Courtois was also featured prominently after he was named best goalkeeper, having won the same award for his performances for Belgium at the 2018 World Cup.
Modric was named best men’s player, as well as featuring in the team of the year
Modric won best player after he helped Croatia to their first ever World Cup final and Real Madrid to a third successive Champions League title.
He was the clear winner of the main prize, with just over 29 per cent of the vote, a full 10 points ahead of the runner up, his former Real team mate Cristiano Ronaldo.
Marcelo, Ramos and Varane also made the team of the year as Real players scooped six prizes
Varane, who was key in France winning the World Cup after beating Modric’s Croatia 4-2 in the final, came ninth in the best player vote.
This is set to be a testing week for Real – they travel to Sevilla on Wednesday night for a tough La Liga clash, before a local derby with Atletico Madrid on Saturday.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- The President and His Wife
- Boko Haram: Between Buhari’s Amnesty And The Lives of Our Soldiers
- Adorable Photos Of Buhari & Wife, Aisha Melt Hearts
- Donald Duke Reacts After Court Sacked Him As Presidential Candidate Of SDP
- Woman Murders Neighbour's Son In Lagos, Dumps His Corpse In Toilet To Punish Dad (Photos)
- Woman Whose Husband Kill Their 4 Kids & Himself Opens Up
- Ivorian Football Federation appeal to court
- Mourinho in bizarre Liverpool spending rant
- Super Falcons grateful to NFF for fulfilling promises
- Supersand Eagles hold firm to World Cup ticket as Senegal rule Africa
- Two Borca fans assassinates River plate supporter
- Paulo Futre to Barca: Dembele needs a girlfriend
- Umtiti, Barca in operation deadlock
- Chellini: Icardi, one of my toughest opponent
- Ronaldo: I hope to do business with Pique soon
- Pires: I have played with Zidane, Henry but Messi is extraordinary
- Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: Jeremi to say his side of story before general elections
- 5 tactical questions ahead of Liverpool versus Man Utd
- Move To Override Buhari On Electoral Bill Begins?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- CAN Dissolves Elders' Forum Over Claims Of 'N40m Gift' From President Buhari
- Yahoo Boy & Wife Busted In Their Home; SUV, Others Recovered
- Osinbajo, Peter Obi's Top Positions At The VP Debate Yesterday
- Inflation Increases To 11.28% Due To Higher Food Prices
- Husband Slashes Wife's Head Because Of Another Woman
- You're Making Empty Threats - APC replies Buhari's man, Shittu
- Female Judge In 'Fraud' Mess, Justice Ajumogobis Collapses In Court
- Retired Deputy Police Commissioner, Wife Shot Dead
- Police Officer Who Leads A Robbery Gang Exposed In Lagos As Gang Member Confesses
- Fayose Mobbed As He Returns To Ekiti (Photos)
- Woman Shares Scary Experience During Flight To Enugu As Plane Nearly Crashed (Photos)
- Why we retained fuel subsidy – Osinbajo
- 10 biggest news stories in Nigeria in 2018, according to Google Trends
- The 11 Best Movies Coming Out in December
- The fall of Man Utd XI
- Court fixes February for bench ruling on Magu’s N5bn libel suit
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery construction begins
- Nigeria sues Shell, Eni $1.1b over Malabu oil license
- Buhari okays 65-year retirement age for teachers
- Preparing our children for the changing nature of work—it’s gigs not jobs in the 21st century