Last year, Wale dropped his fifth studio album, Shine, which included features from Nigerian stars, Olamide, Wizkid and Davido, and even though the album wasn’t particularly great, his collaboration with Davido was certainly fantastic.
Now, in a recent interview with OkayAfrica, the Grammy-nominated rapper has revealed that he and Davido still have a bunch of other unreleased collaborations.[embedded content]
According to Wale, he’s known the afropop star for a while now, and whenever they’re in the same city they link up. Considering how solid "Fine Girl" was, we can’t imagine how strong the other collaborations between both stars will be.
Speaking about their dynamic while recording "Fine Girl" and the unreleased collaborations, Wale said:
"We were in Atlanta a lot. We were going out a lot. There's a nice Nigerian scene in Atlanta. We were just partying a lot around that time.
We were in the studio and just going through beats. We got a lot of other songs, too, that haven't even come out yet."
About Davido appearing on his upcoming project, he continued:
"You're always going to see Davido and me together. That's my dawg. Him, Wizkid, Olamide and I."
For the rest of the interview, Wale talks about his connection with his Nigerian roots, the Nigerian artists he looks up to, working with Wizkid on “My Love”, Olamide’s incredible work ethic, wanting to collaborate with Sade and much more.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 52yrs Old Woman Celebrates Birthday In Style After Giving Birth For The First Time (Photos)
- Robbers Who Attacked Female Lecturer Finally Arrested
- Obasanjo's Support Won't Save Atiku From Defeat - Presidency
- Deadly Cult Clash In Lagos; Seven Killed, Many Injured
- Seriously? Senate pays Dariye N85.5m allowances in prison
- Shock As Kidnappers Tie Lecturer To Tree, Shot Him Dead Over Delay In Paying Ransom
- Buhari Regretting That Obasanjo Has Dumped Him, says PDP
- Assistant Pastor Defiles Church Member’s Twin Daughters In Lagos (Photo)
- Oby Ezekwesili threatens to lead protest over electoral bill
- Buhari: Why I Defeated Goodluck Jonathan In 2015
- "Politicians Now Insert Money Inside Sandwich To Buy Votes"
- See How Fraudsters Scammed Shop Owner While Buying N110,000 Phone In Abuja (Photos)
- Reasons Senate, Reps Should Override Buhari On Electoral Act; by Olisa Agbakoba
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- I’m dumping Enyimba for Katsina United —-Ezenwa
- Difficult match but we came out victorious– Alex Iwobi
- Flying Eagles will approach Junior Mena with all seriousness— Paul Aigbogun
- FIFA & France sign agreement on African Football
- Boko Haram: ICC accuses Nigerian security forces of war crimes
- Arrest of Atiku’s son, tales by mischief makers – EFCC
- 2019: Saraki Urges INEC, security agencies, stakeholders to ensure credible elections
- Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit to hit $878b by 2040 – SEC DG
- I thank Watford family for believing in me—–Isaac Success
- Palace ‘interested in signing Moses with Chelsea for £12m
- 19th NSF: Toriola Oshonaike crashed out of Table tennis mixed double
- I Weep For President Buhari, His Wife Has Cried Out Endlessly - Dele Momodu
- Check Out Emirates' 'Diamond-encrusted' Airplane Going Viral Online (Photos)
- Luiz keen on Chelsea’s stay
- Oil marketers dare FG, shut down depots
- Christianity under siege in China
- Oil marketers suspend strike, gives FG 5-day grace
- Banks spend N555bn in nine months for customers’ relations
- Govenor Amosun in urgent meeting with Buhari
- Access Bank bags CBN’s Award
- 2019 Election: Senate declares public hearing on vote-buying
- AMCON says asset management partners to help recover N740bn
- DMO enlists support of sub-national entities in managing Nigeria’s rising public debt
- Brilliant Nigerian Lady Abisoye Wins CNN Heroes Awards 2018
- Sharing Trader Moni Weeks To Election Is Vote Buying - Dogara
- EFCC Reveals Why They Raided Atiku's Sons Apartment