ART X Lagos is West Africa’s first international art fair, and we at Konbini will be profiling a few talented artists set to exhibit at the upcoming event, which will run from November 2 to November 4.
Ken Nwadiogbu, a talented self-taught artist, first fell in love with hyperrealism — a genre of painting and sculpture resembling a high-resolution photograph — at the University of Lagos, where he would sketch drawings on his Civil and Environmental Engineering textbooks.
Using pencil on paper or canvas, Nwadiogbu aims to open a dialogue around everyday life, and the socio-political struggles inherent in just living. In his work, he aims to promote freedom of expression and to amplify the voices of the voiceless.
Speaking with Guardian Life about what inspires his work, Nwadiogbu said:
"I draw inspiration from the world. The society speaks, every time. It’s left for us to listen–not just listen, but also to reply. I reply."
About what issues his art addresses, he continued:
"My art talks about African cultures, gender equality and black power. My art’s course is to pursue freedom, of expression and belief, and to promote the voices of those rather unheard."
You can check out more of Ken Nwadiogbu’s work on his website.
You will be able to see Ken's stunning work in person at the upcoming Art X Lagos, along with a bunch of other incredibly talented artists. You can learn more about the exciting event and get your tickets right here.
(Photo: ART X Lagos)
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- LAUTECH Students Protest, Shut Down School Over Fee Hike
- Presidency Reacts To Video Of Gov Ganduje 'Receiving' Bribe
- Nigeria Amputee Football Team In Ghastly Car Crash En-route Abuja For Visa (Photos)
- Speaker Dogara Declares Two Reps' Seats Vacant
- Tenure expiration: Fayose’s whereabouts remains unknown
- Nigeria’s inflation on the rise again
- CBN set to revamp banking regulations
- Young Nigerian Man Married To Elderly White Woman Dies Of Massive Heart Attack (Photo)
- Mama Rainbow Celebrates 76th Birthday With Lovely Photos
- Kayode Fayemi Sworn-in As New Governor Of Ekiti State
- Fayose Arrives EFCC Office In Style (Photo)
- Saudi Arabia to admit missing journalist was killed
- Evil Staff Kidnaps & Kills Boss Who Sacked Him For Stealing
- Atiku Reacts To Killing Of Hauwa Liman By Boko Haram
- Rich Nigerian Man & Friends Die In Fatal Accident At Night
- Beautiful Lady Working As A Mechanic Melts Hearts Online
- Presidency orders EFCC to detain Fayose indefinitely, says PDP
- Businessmen Arrested For 'Stealing' Spare Parts In Lagos
- Obasanjo Commended For Openly Endorsing Atiku
- 72 Afe Babalola Uni Students Graduate With First Class
- Atiku Appoints Saraki, Fayose, Wike To Head 2019 Campaign
- SP shoots dead ex-finance minister’s daughter; family suspects something else
- “N230m bursary to 5,393 Ondo students—dividend of democracy”
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Police Saved Man's Life After Heath Challenge While Driving
- Woman Gives Birth While In A Coma, Wakes Up 23 Days After To See Baby In Her Arms (Photos)
- INEC Chairman Gives Update On APC Position In Zamfara
- So Boko Haram Finally Killed This Beautiful Lady?
- Fayose: I’m Storming EFCC Today With My Bedclothes, Bible...
- Man Kidnaps His Cheating Girlfriend’s Mother
- Dancing Senator Adeleke Dragged To Court By FG
- Dino Melaye Cries Out: My Life Is Under Threat
- APC Aspirants: Many Unpopular Candidates Will Affect Buhari
- Newlywed Killed 5 Days After Wedding While On Honeymoon With Wife (Photo)
- Buhari Is A Misfit, He Has To Leave In 2019 – Tambuwal
- Story Of Woman Who Suffered 35 Miscarriages In 7 Years
- Atiku Meets Jonathan To Strategize For 2019 Election (Photos)
- Married Woman Bites Off Landlord's Lips (Photo)
- “Fayose to be detained indefinitely”
- Ekiti State ready to hijack Gold Cup Tourney from Benue State