Success Nwogu, Ilorin
The Management of the Federal Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State, has said that the institution will commence degree programmes from the 2018/2019 academic session.
The Head, Public Relations and Protocols, Mr Olayinka Iroye, disclosed this in a statement issued on Monday.
Iroye said the approval for the programme was contained in a letter signed by the Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission, Prof. Abubakar Rasheed and delivered to the two institutions involved: the Federal University of Technology Minna and the Federal Polytechnic, Offa, recently.
The letter read, “I am directed to inform you that the Management Committee, during its meeting on Friday, August 31, 2018, considered and approved the affiliation arrangement and the establishment of the full-time mode of the under listed programmes to be run in the campus of the polytechnic, effective from the 2018/2019 academic session: Computer Science B.Tech., Mechanical Engineering B.Tech., Electrical Engineering B.Tech., and Food Science & Technology B.Tech.”
Iroye attributed the feat to the doggedness and relentless effort of the institution’s management led by its Rector, Dr Lateef Olatunji.
He noted that the polytechnic also signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria for the commencement of courses in Management and Social Sciences.
Meanwhile, Olatunji has called on academics to proffer solutions to the present economic challenges of Nigeria.
The rector spoke during the fifth national conference of the School of Business and Management Studies, of the polytechnic.
The conference was themed, ‘Management of the Nigerian economy for sustainable development in the 21th century and beyond.’
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP alleges plans by FG to cripple PDP-controlled states
- Senate Confirms Keyamo, other nominees for NDIC Board
- Environment Minister, Ibrahim Jubril Resigns
- Kogi legislator loses seat for defecting to PDP
- Ambode is my Politician of the Year – Shettima
- More troubles for Trump as court jails associate for fraud
- NB Plc to apologise over misleading information on product
- Husband, Wife, Mother-in-law Arraigned For Stealing N2.4m
- Ex-SGF Babachir In Aso Rock, 13 Months After Sack
- Beautiful Pre-wedding Photos Of A Sailor & His Fiancée
- 24 Yahoo Boys Busted By EFCC Arraigned In Court (Photos)
- Aisha Buhari Hosts Nigerian Entertainers In Aso Rock (Photos)
- Shock As Woman Is Caught Trying To Behead Her Daughter In Delta (Photos)
- Driver Who Absconded With Boss' Vehicle Busted
- First Gold Refinery In Nigeria Coming Up
- Polytechnic Lecturers Begin Indefinite Strike
- See Ammunitions Soldiers Recover From Gunrunners
- FIRS Generates N5trn So Far In 2018, Sets Take Break Record
- Woman Cries After Man Brings Police To Take Over Her Father's House A Week After His Death
- You Were Handpicked To Contest - Jimi Agbaje tells Sanwo-Olu
- My Wife Died During A Fight In My Dream, says man seeking for divorce in Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- APC Will Pay Dearly For Stopping Me - Minister Adebayo Shittu
- Fresh Graduate Waiting for NYSC Stabbed to Death by Girlfriend
- APC Won't Have Candidates In Rivers; Appeal Court Confirms
- 'I Thought Breast Cancer Is For Only Rich People Until It Hit Me'
- APC, PDP Reps Clash over Buhari's Refusal to Sign Electoral Bill
- Good Man Tortured By Police For Trying To Free Extortion Victim In Lagos
- 2019: Sanwo-Olu, Agbaje take campaign to twitter
- $8.1bn case: MTN knows fate in 2019
- Senate halts confirmation of EFCC nominees
- 2019: Atiku signs Presidential Peace Accord
- UN announces Boko Haram as an entity of particular concern
- Ecobank appoints MFS Africa as digital payment partner
- NDLEA arrest man with 218 kilogrammes marijuana
- Police arrest 51 as worshippers protest for Jewish nation in Abia
- Inter wants Isco
- Ex-City star Yaya contract’s terminated after 5 months
- Man wants divorce after dreaming this
- Why Porto signed me on loan—–Nwakali