The bank was also awarded the Best CIBN chapter of the Year 2018, in terms of members mobilisation and participation as well as sponsorship of the institute’s programmes.
The bank won the prestigious awards in recognition of its leadership position in delivering development and growth of the Agricultural sector and Small and Medium Enterprises.
CFI is an esteemed print journal reporting on business, economics and finance, headquartered in London.
The award is based on recommendations and voting from CFI partners, such as the World Bank, IMF, WTO, UN and IFC.
The MAA is an annual event powered by Agro-Nigeria, aimed at recognising and rewarding men, women, businesses and institutions that have contributed to Nigeria’s re-emergence as a veritable force in agriculture.
The bank also got the recognition of Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, for sustainable transaction of the year in Agriculture in the inaugural Nigeria Sustainable Banking Award convened by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Commenting on the awards, Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Heritage Bank, Ifie Sekibo, said: “We are highly honoured to be awarded by renowned organisations and regulators as one of the most supportive financial institutions to the agriculture and SME industries, which are key sectors of the economy.
“This validates the hard work and success story of the bank to create, preserve and transfer wealth across generations.”
According to him, Heritage Bank has been on the driving seat of the agricultural and SME financing revolution and will continue to compliment the efforts of the CBN by making funds available to both individuals and corporate organisations in their efforts to increase outputs in both sectors.
He, however, noted that the bank would support the drive for cash crop commodities that would boost Nigeria’s foreign exchange earnings, which President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration had always canvassed.
Sekibo vowed that the bank would continue to make farming profitable to stakeholders and attractive to the youth, as Heritage Bank had taken the front seat in financing critical agricultural projects in several states in the country, especially in Oyo, Kaduna and Zamfara.
Meanwhile, the CFI.co judging panel said Heritage Bank was particularly recognised for its strong presence and determination to keep close proximity to small and medium sized enterprises, SMEs, segment and customers.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Editor’s Summary: How soccer matches from this past weekend affects coming fixtures
- IG denies rejecting promotion of Police DIGs, AIGs
- We spent billions on 292 water projects in seven years – Minister admits in court
- 2019: How Oshiomhole’s reforms threaten APC unity
- Kaduna Crisis: Christians, Muslims must learn to live in peace – Tinubu
- 2019: Rev. Mbaka prophesies Buhari’s defeat
- IG approves posting of Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIGs)
- 2019: Oshiomhole, APC in fresh crisis
- FG shut operators out of new National broadband council
- MTN exhaust foreign reserves via illegal access to dollars, CBN tells court
- Photos Of Nigerian School Pupils In Ankara School Uniform
- "Fayose Is Innocent" - FFK Says, Attends Court In Solidarity
- Amaechi In Shock Over Supreme Court Ruling, But APC Calls It "Mere Academic Exercise"
- NYSC Suspends Orientation Exercise In Kaduna Over Killings
- APC Loses Majority As Two Senators Dump Party
- Special Report: How a Woman’s “Burden of Shame” Answers to Nothing, as Nigeria fight its Drug Problems in the Dark
- FG set to commence clean-up of oil spills in Ogoni
- "Buhari Is An Incompetent Man Who Destroyed Our Economy" - Dino Melaye
- Fayose Sends Positive Message From EFCC Cell Today
- Beautiful Woman Delivers Conjoined Twins, Seeks Help (Pics)
- So Beautiful! Actress Sola Sobowale Shines In New Photos
- Nigerian duo makes AFCON referee’s list
- First Bank, SEC FC clash in NFF/CBN Cup Final
- NBBF rolls out time table for domestic leagues
- Team Nigeria arrive Budapest for World Championships
- I’m dissatisfied with poor maintenance at Godswill Akpabio Stadium—Ebi Egbe
- Dogo dispels Sunshine Stars’ move rumour
- FIVB: Nigeria to participate in World U19 Championship
- Ghanaian coach linked with NPFL return
- Christ Embassy @ TEG Abuja: It was a Total Experience
- NYSC suspends orientation
- Pastor Chris daughter Sharon & Hubby's honeymoon Photos
- Saraki's Candidate For Kwara, Razak Atunwa Caught In NYSC Certificate Forgery?
- Shooting At Edo State Assembly; Deputy Speaker Impeached, 3 Persons Injured (Photos)
- Ooni's Ex-Wife Zaynab "Forgives Him" and Congratulates Him & His New Wife
- Amaechi APC Faction In Rivers State Loses In Supreme Court?
- Universities to revert to old degree grading system
- Banky W: "I Am Battling Serious Food Poisoning"
- El-rufai Visits Survivors Of Kaduna Violence In Hospitals (Pics)
- Ekweremadu On His Way Out Of PDP Because Of Peter Obi?