The bank was also awarded the Best CIBN chapter of the Year 2018, in terms of members mobilisation and participation as well as sponsorship of the institute’s programmes.
The bank won the prestigious awards in recognition of its leadership position in delivering development and growth of the Agricultural sector and Small and Medium Enterprises.
CFI is an esteemed print journal reporting on business, economics and finance, headquartered in London.
The award is based on recommendations and voting from CFI partners, such as the World Bank, IMF, WTO, UN and IFC.
The MAA is an annual event powered by Agro-Nigeria, aimed at recognising and rewarding men, women, businesses and institutions that have contributed to Nigeria’s re-emergence as a veritable force in agriculture.
The bank also got the recognition of Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, for sustainable transaction of the year in Agriculture in the inaugural Nigeria Sustainable Banking Award convened by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Commenting on the awards, Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Heritage Bank, Ifie Sekibo, said: “We are highly honoured to be awarded by renowned organisations and regulators as one of the most supportive financial institutions to the agriculture and SME industries, which are key sectors of the economy.
“This validates the hard work and success story of the bank to create, preserve and transfer wealth across generations.”
According to him, Heritage Bank has been on the driving seat of the agricultural and SME financing revolution and will continue to compliment the efforts of the CBN by making funds available to both individuals and corporate organisations in their efforts to increase outputs in both sectors.
He, however, noted that the bank would support the drive for cash crop commodities that would boost Nigeria’s foreign exchange earnings, which President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration had always canvassed.
Sekibo vowed that the bank would continue to make farming profitable to stakeholders and attractive to the youth, as Heritage Bank had taken the front seat in financing critical agricultural projects in several states in the country, especially in Oyo, Kaduna and Zamfara.
Meanwhile, the CFI.co judging panel said Heritage Bank was particularly recognised for its strong presence and determination to keep close proximity to small and medium sized enterprises, SMEs, segment and customers.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- The President and His Wife
- Boko Haram: Between Buhari’s Amnesty And The Lives of Our Soldiers
- Adorable Photos Of Buhari & Wife, Aisha Melt Hearts
- Donald Duke Reacts After Court Sacked Him As Presidential Candidate Of SDP
- Woman Murders Neighbour's Son In Lagos, Dumps His Corpse In Toilet To Punish Dad (Photos)
- Woman Whose Husband Kill Their 4 Kids & Himself Opens Up
- Ivorian Football Federation appeal to court
- Mourinho in bizarre Liverpool spending rant
- Super Falcons grateful to NFF for fulfilling promises
- Supersand Eagles hold firm to World Cup ticket as Senegal rule Africa
- Two Borca fans assassinates River plate supporter
- Paulo Futre to Barca: Dembele needs a girlfriend
- Umtiti, Barca in operation deadlock
- Chellini: Icardi, one of my toughest opponent
- Ronaldo: I hope to do business with Pique soon
- Pires: I have played with Zidane, Henry but Messi is extraordinary
- Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: Jeremi to say his side of story before general elections
- 5 tactical questions ahead of Liverpool versus Man Utd
- Move To Override Buhari On Electoral Bill Begins?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- CAN Dissolves Elders' Forum Over Claims Of 'N40m Gift' From President Buhari
- Yahoo Boy & Wife Busted In Their Home; SUV, Others Recovered
- Osinbajo, Peter Obi's Top Positions At The VP Debate Yesterday
- Inflation Increases To 11.28% Due To Higher Food Prices
- Husband Slashes Wife's Head Because Of Another Woman
- You're Making Empty Threats - APC replies Buhari's man, Shittu
- Female Judge In 'Fraud' Mess, Justice Ajumogobis Collapses In Court
- Retired Deputy Police Commissioner, Wife Shot Dead
- Police Officer Who Leads A Robbery Gang Exposed In Lagos As Gang Member Confesses
- Fayose Mobbed As He Returns To Ekiti (Photos)
- Woman Shares Scary Experience During Flight To Enugu As Plane Nearly Crashed (Photos)
- Why we retained fuel subsidy – Osinbajo
- 10 biggest news stories in Nigeria in 2018, according to Google Trends
- The 11 Best Movies Coming Out in December
- The fall of Man Utd XI
- Court fixes February for bench ruling on Magu’s N5bn libel suit
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery construction begins
- Nigeria sues Shell, Eni $1.1b over Malabu oil license
- Buhari okays 65-year retirement age for teachers
- Preparing our children for the changing nature of work—it’s gigs not jobs in the 21st century