Former Vice President of Nigeria, Dr Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme is dead.
A statement from his family signed by his brother and the traditional ruler of Oko in Anambra State, Igwe Laz Ekwueme said that he died by 10:00 pm in a London clinic, Sunday.
The statement read: “Ekwueme family regrets to announce the peaceful passing away of their patriarch, the former Vice-President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Dr. Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme GCON.
“The sad event occurred at the London Clinic at 10:00 pm on Sunday 19th November 2017.”
Ekwueme had slumped in his Enugu residence, and immediately taken to the Memfys Neurosurgery Hospital Enugu, where he relapsed and went into a coma.
As soon as he was stabilized in the hospital he was flown to London in an air ambulance last week.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019 FIBA World Cup qualifiers :Here is D’Tigers rely anchorman
- Nigeria Senate Minority Leader lost voice, somersaulted after Ahmed Musa’s brace
- Niger Tornadoes to resume next Thursday
- NANPF congratulates Super Eagles on victory over Iceland
- Nigeria goalkeeper Ikeme in remission after year-long cancer battle
- Musa unsure on Leicester City future.
- Nigeria will remain humble ahead to crunch Argentina – Coach Rohr
- History as Taekwondo congress adopts constitution
- FG introduces new scheme targeting unidentified loot in Switzerland
- FIFA probes Argentina, Croatia
- Clashes loom as old SDP replaces nPDP after APC convention
- Any Lady That Disrespects Her Husband/Father of Her Child Does Not Know God - Nollywood Actress
- Choosing Faith Over Fear As A Child Of God
- Kidnappers Arrested Over Failed N20m Ransom In Lagos
- Kwankwaso boycotts APC national convention to visit Atiku
- APC amends its slogan
- 2019: Obasanjo plots Buhari’s fall
- Obasanjo under pressure to back Atiku for 2019
- N900m fraud: NHIS boss speaks on allegations of theft
- Abaribe being hunted because of views, says Lawyer
- 2018 Budget crisis: NASS indicts Buhari over Second Niger Bridge, budget delay
- Melaye declares APC’s “political obituary”
- SERAP wins suitcompelling Adamu, Ogbeh to account for spending on Water projects
- Nigeria to lose 3 million Christians annually till 2043, says Danjuma group
- Tension brews amongst Yoruba leaders over mission to rescue Obasanjo from Buhari
- Senator Abaribe arrested for gun running, aiding IPOB - lawyer
- NewPDP drops defection threat, agrees to meet APC Governors, Leaders for settlement
- Power Battle For 2019: Obasanjo Meets Yoruba Leaders
- Hummels Ruled Out of Germany Clash with Sweden
- Real Madrid sign young goalkeeper
- Petit: Messi is not a leader like Ronaldo
- Eagles over the cloud, ready to soar – Akinwunmi
- Interesting Reasons Why Travel Is Good For Your Mental Health
- 17-Year-Old Girl Sells Her 2nd Child After Her Mum Sold The First
- Army Offers N5m To Anyone With Information On Bomb Factories In The Northeast
- APC Convention: How Buhari, Tinubu, Others Averted Crisis
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- D’Tigers hold first training
- Football stakeholders warn Ifeanyi Ubah
- Nasarawa United set to resume as Dogo aims to end season