Your Prayers Energised, Tasked Me to Work for Nigeria - President Buhari Sends Sallah Message to Nigerians
In his Eid-el-Kabir message to Nigerians, President Muhammadu Buhari admitted, once again, that prayers from his compatriots helped restore his health.
SALLAH MESSAGE TO NIGERIANS BY PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI
I felicitate with you all, particularly the Muslim faithful, on the celebration of this year’s Eid-El-Kabir.
I congratulate our Muslim brothers and sisters who are currently in Saudi Arabia to participate in the rites of the Hajj.
From the outset, I want to use this opportunity to thank all Nigerians who prayed for my recovery and have continued to extend their goodwill and support after my return to the country.
Indeed your fervent and sincere prayers, which cut across religion, political and ethnic divides, has energised me to re-dedicate myself and this administration to the task of building a great Nigeria.
On the joyous occasion of this year’s Eid-El-Kabir celebration, I appeal to all Nigerians to rise against the odds, keep our prejudices aside and strengthen the bonds of friendship and unity to keep our country together.
For Muslims all over the world, this celebration is to commemorate the trials and triumph of Prophet (Abraham) Ibrahim.
As we celebrate, I sincerely believe that our nation can make rapid progress on all fronts if we re-enact the exemplary virtues, typified by Prophet (Abraham) Ibrahim, through his sacrifice, patience, steadfastness, generosity and obedience to Allah's command and constituted authority.
We must learn to see ourselves as brothers and sisters from the same heritage, who must come to terms with the African proverb that ‘‘a family tie is like a tree, it can bend but it cannot break.’’
Once again, I assure you that this administration, which has made the security, economic well-being and prosperity of all Nigerians its priority, will not rest on its oars until we see the Nigeria of our dream.
I wish everyone happy Sallah celebrations.
August 31, 2017
Latest Nigeria News
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Lagos completes 450 roads in three years
- Kidnapping: Evans‘ll not escape justice – Lagos Govt
- Lagos Waste: CSNAC asks EFCC to investigate ownership, operation of Visionscape
- Senate Mace Kidnap: When Nigeria lost 109 Senators in one swift terrorist attack
- EFCC about to sabotage own $1.6 bn suit against Omokore, others
- Osinbajo eulogizes Nigerian youths for great strides
- Lagos signs MoU to collate data of persons living with disabilities
- Court remands Buhari’s nominee in prison for alleged N182m fraud
- Shun purchase of pre-registered SIMs to avoid scammers, NCC warns
- Sterling Bank deepens investment culture, launches new mobile app
- AMBON set for official unveiling
- Access Bank increases ATM withdrawal limit abroad
- Mixed reaction trails Police recovery of stolen mace
- PDP in emergency meeting, may change name today
- Hotel owner, others arraigned in court over Offa bank robbery
- Saraki lauds colleagues, Reps for upholding democracy
- Appeal Court freezes Fayose’s accounts
- Reps back Adeosun over Gwarzo’s suspension
- Tension as military, police take over NASS
- Justice Abang speaks on Metuh’s sick-bed prank
- OC SARS commits suicide in Ogun
- Mace theft: Senate summons IGP, DG of SSS
- Police promotes Magu, 2 others
- Kirikiri prisoners enroll for PhD
- How 5 thugs beat 250 NASS guards to steal mace
- FG to criminalise abuse of local content policy
- When will our words match our actions
- Respect local content act on your Egina FPSO, IYC warns Total
- Retired SARS Boss Shoots Self Dead In His House
- S*x-For-Mark: OAU Lecturer Gets Indefinite Suspension
- Falana Reacts To Senator Omo-Agege Saga: "No Legislative House Can Suspend Member"
- Buhari’s nominee remanded in prison for alleged N182m fraud
- I'm Happy, My Twins Are Okay; says Otun Olubadan
- APC In Fresh Crisis Over Tenure Extension
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- See The Things To Consider Before Mounting Your Flat screen TV
- How Thugs Invaded Senate, Took Away Mace (DETAILS)
- Here's Senate Official Reaction To The Invasion & Stealing Of Mace
- I Can't Be Arrested, I Did Not Remove The Mace - Senator Omo-Agege