Kayode Idowu, Damaturu
The Yobe State governorship aspiration of the National Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, Alhaji Maimala Buni, on Sunday received a boost as the Inter-Party Advisory Council adopted him as their consensus candidate.
Speaking to journalists on Sunday, the Yobe state chairman of Inter-Party Advisory Council, Alhaji Umar Kukuri said the council has adopted Maimala of the APC as the consensus governorship candidate in the state.
Kukuri, who spoke to some select journalists in Damaturu, said: “So far, there are no governorship aspirants in other political parties except APC, we have carefully sieved the APC aspirants to arrive at supporting Maimala for the governorship.”
He explained that the decision to adopt Maimala was based on the need to promote good governance and continuity in service delivery and democratic dividends to the people.
READ ALSO: Three dies as car plunges into Delta river
He said: “Although we do not belong to the ruling APC, it is about our collective fate and future as citizens of Yobe state which is our primary interest above any other interest.
“We are all stakeholders and we have carefully gauged all the aspirants and arrived at supporting the aspiration of Maimala for continuity in the achievements recorded in healthcare delivery, education, road network and agriculture among others.”
The IPAC chairman also said that the council was inspired by the collective decision of the APC stakeholders to nominate Maimala as the preferred aspirant.
Kukuri said the beauty of the APC scribe was there for everyone to see as attested to by the support his aspiration received from President Muhammadu Buhari.
He said this could not be unconnected to “his impeccable character of transparency, accountability and commitment to service”.
He said: “You will recall that he had earlier enjoyed the support of the president when aspiring for a second term in office as the party’s national secretary, so for him to have earned the confidence of President Buhari, speaks volumes of the trust and competence of Maimala”.
He commended APC for the peaceful conduct of its affairs during the congresses, stakeholders meetings and the endorsement of Maimala as the preferred aspirant of the party urging the party and its supporters to sustain peaceful electioneering during and after the elections.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- How Shehu Sani's APC Senatorial Ticket Was 'Sold For $2m' By Oshiomhole
- Appeal Court Reduces Ex-Gov. Dariye's 14 Years Jail Term
- Fayose Celebrates His 58th Birthday (Photos)
- Outrage As Government Detains Popular Catholic Bishop
- Presidential Debate Unnecessary; says Buhari's Campaign DG, Amaechi
- See What A Woman Did To Her Gateman After He Asked For His Salary (Photos)
- Buhari ‘Covering Up Unemployment Figures Because Of 2019 Elections’
- 2 Ladies Stripped, Killed, Privates Cut Off By Ritualists (Photos)
- N2.5b Fraud Uncovered In Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation
- Face Of Young Man Nabbed With Fresh Human Parts
- Twin Sisters' Kidnappers Demand N15m, Vow To Kill One If Payment Not Made
- "My Wife Is An Unrepentant Adulterer" – Businessman
- Armed Robbers Gunned Down After Being Traced To A Brothel In Delta (Photos)
- 2019: Atiku Holds Crucial Meeting With Saraki, Others
- Pastor Arrested For 'Sleeping With Married Woman' In Edo
- Oshiomhole In Trouble? Ex-APC Chief Exposes Dollar Bribe
- Governor's Earn Over N600k But Make Billions Through Fraud With Contractors
- Okorocha Says Buhari Will Win In 2019, Warns Igbo Leaders Who Endorsed Ariku
- 34 Yahoo Boys, Including Ladies Arrested... Charms, Cars Recovered (Photos)
- Saraki, Oshiomhole In War Of Words Over APC Dollar Bribe
- Young Man Caught Red-handed With Fresh Human Parts
- NLC Reacts To Threat By Govs To Sack Over Minimum Wage
- NDLEA Uncovers 12 Containers With 340 Million Tramadol
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Shehu Sani To FG: All We See Is 'Megawatts Of Propaganda'
- Resource control by states not advisable now, says Atiku
- Bribery allegation: Oshiomhole replies Saraki
- Oshiomhole being hunted by political godfathers- group
- 2019: APC should make up its mind on the lie to tell Nigerians – PDP
- 2019: Igbo Leaders endorse Atiku for President
- Bribery scandal: Governor sues newspaper for N3bn
- EFCC seizes properties of Fayose, Diezani, others
- I crave more experience in NPFL —Cameronian coach
- Ehibam Griefshare Foundation partners with Edo state Rugby
- Icheen set for best Women’s Pro-League
- Paul Bassey harps on discipline, professionalism as Akwa United intensify pres-season training
- The most unsettling Tramadol import in years uncovered at Apapa
- Death in the flour: If amala is not your favourite, don’t read this
- How Lagos Police Inspector Killed Man, Stole 2 Sienna Buses
- Man Paints His Beautiful Wife-to-be In Cute Pre-Wedding Pic