Kayode Idowu, Damaturu
The Yobe State governorship aspiration of the National Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, Alhaji Maimala Buni, on Sunday received a boost as the Inter-Party Advisory Council adopted him as their consensus candidate.
Speaking to journalists on Sunday, the Yobe state chairman of Inter-Party Advisory Council, Alhaji Umar Kukuri said the council has adopted Maimala of the APC as the consensus governorship candidate in the state.
Kukuri, who spoke to some select journalists in Damaturu, said: “So far, there are no governorship aspirants in other political parties except APC, we have carefully sieved the APC aspirants to arrive at supporting Maimala for the governorship.”
He explained that the decision to adopt Maimala was based on the need to promote good governance and continuity in service delivery and democratic dividends to the people.
READ ALSO: Three dies as car plunges into Delta river
He said: “Although we do not belong to the ruling APC, it is about our collective fate and future as citizens of Yobe state which is our primary interest above any other interest.
“We are all stakeholders and we have carefully gauged all the aspirants and arrived at supporting the aspiration of Maimala for continuity in the achievements recorded in healthcare delivery, education, road network and agriculture among others.”
The IPAC chairman also said that the council was inspired by the collective decision of the APC stakeholders to nominate Maimala as the preferred aspirant.
Kukuri said the beauty of the APC scribe was there for everyone to see as attested to by the support his aspiration received from President Muhammadu Buhari.
He said this could not be unconnected to “his impeccable character of transparency, accountability and commitment to service”.
He said: “You will recall that he had earlier enjoyed the support of the president when aspiring for a second term in office as the party’s national secretary, so for him to have earned the confidence of President Buhari, speaks volumes of the trust and competence of Maimala”.
He commended APC for the peaceful conduct of its affairs during the congresses, stakeholders meetings and the endorsement of Maimala as the preferred aspirant of the party urging the party and its supporters to sustain peaceful electioneering during and after the elections.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Police Block Ezekwesili, BBOG Protesters From Seeing Buhari
- Delta Woman Refuses To Take Her Daughter Without Anus For Surgery After Collecting Money
- Police Headquarters Drag Senator Adeleke To Court Over NECO
- Female Corper Visiting Friend Shot Dead By Cultists Who Killed Many At AAU Party
- Fayose resists EFCC malicious intimidation
- BREAKING: WAEC Confirms 1981 Certificate of Dancing Senator
- Mother & Her Kids Escape Death In Terrible Accident On Way To School (Photos)
- Ambode Reacts: "It's A Lie, I Didn't Endorse Sanwo-Olu"
- Soldier Killed By Boko Haram 3 Months After Wife Gave Birth
- Buhari promises additional support for flood disaster victims
- 2019: IBB still undecided on support for Buhari’s reelection
- 2019: APC breaches electoral laws
- 2019: PDP blasts APC for fielding a prisoner in election
- Messi is ahead of Ronaldo in Champions League hat-trick numbers
- See University Graduate Who Is A Puff Puff Seller
- Fani-Kayode Reacts: Nnamdi Kanu Is Not 'Safe & Well In London'
- "She Jazzed Me" - Man Set To Wed Girlfriend He Met In NYSC
- Comedian Bovi & Wife Celebrate 9th Wedding Anniversary
- Saraki Meets PDP Delegates In Osun State
- Lecturers Kidnapped In Kaduna Have Been Released
- Tears As Cultists Murder Final Year Medical Student, 9 Others At AAU Graduation Party
- Nnamdi Kanu Is Safe, Currently In London - Uzor Kalu
- Ex-convict Nabbed After Release From Prison For Similar Crime
- Mother Sells Baby In Anambra To Raise Money For Christmas
- Civil Servant Fired for Criticising Okonjo-Iweala Returns to Office After 5 Years
- Three Lecturers Kidnapped While Traveling In Kaduna
- Gov Wike Opens Up: "Buhari Presidency Has Agent Among PDP Presidential Aspirants"
- IGP Team Nabs Suspected Bank Robber, Female Arms Keeper In Lagos (Photo)
- Oshiomhole Hits Senator Adeleke: 'Governance is not for dancers'
- Husband Gifts Ex-Beauty Queen, Powede Eniola A Car For Their Wedding Anniversary
- We Have Moved 10 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty – FG
- Meet Politician Supporting Buhari's Re-Election With 100 Cars
- LAUTECH Final Year Student Who's An Only Child Dies A Day To Project Defense
- Mandatory Use Of Identity Numbers Begins In January 2019
- See Audi's 1st Electric SUV: Goes 250mi On A Single Charge
- 4 People You Shouldn’t Travel With
- Oyo Speaker, Minority Leader, Others Decamp To APC, ADC
- Meet Me In My Office September 20 - Gov. Fayose Writes EFCC
- Secret Plot Begins To Remove Saraki, Dogara "Violently"?
- This Beautiful "Young Woman" Is 59 Years Old