– Fayose, however, said he is not supporting any particular aspirant
– He said the opposition party must ensure the primary election is credible and urged Saraki and other presidential aspirants to accept the outcome
The Nation reports that Saraki met with Governor Ayodele Fayose and other PDP delegates at the Government House, Ado-Ekiti to solicit their support at the October National Convention in Port Harcourt where the party’s presidential flag bearer will be elected.
NAIJ.com gathered that the presidential aspirant stressed that he possesses the qualities of the leader needed by Nigerians, promising to give every Nigerian a sense of belonging.
Saraki reportedly said that Nigeria is at crossroads with its democracy endangered claiming that democracy would have collapsed but for the intervention of the National Assembly which he heads.
The Senate president pledged to accede to the demands of Nigerians for restructuring for the states in the federation to maximize their potentials.
He said: “We are at a crossroad. We are seeing great danger with our democracy, that is why your state has had a terrible experience with the kind of democracy.
“If not for what we have been doing at the NASS to sustain and protect the democracy, by now there will be nothing like democracy in Nigeria.
“So, it is important that we look for a courageous and capable President that we can be proud of. A President that will ensure that we have true democracy.
“Before now we have been voting based on sentiment, and ethnicity, so we need a leader that will allow you to reach your goal, it is time we restructure and have a state that would be able to maximise their potentials.”
In his remarks, Fayose advised PDP presidential aspirants to accept the outcome of the party primary election slated for October 6, 2018, and work for the success of the party.
The governor, who said that he was not supporting any particular aspirant, said he had cautioned his colleagues that they must allow the process to be credible.
Fayose said: “Nigerians are waiting for PDP to liberate them and we must be united to be able to rescue them.”
Threatening to back out of the primary election if the process is not credible, Fayose alleged that the future of the country had already been mortgaged.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
NAIJ.com previously reported that former president Goodluck Jonathan tipped former Jigawa state governor and PDP presidential aspirant, Sule Lamido, as a man that can unite Nigeria if elected president next year.
Jonathan said this when members of Lamido’s National Campaign Council visited the former president at his residence in Yenagoa, Bayelsa state, on Saturday, September 15.
In a statement issued by Lamido’s media aide on social media, Mansur Ahmed, the former president expressed the belief that the next president after President Muhammadu Buhari will come from the PDP next year.
PDP’s Magnificent 7 For 2019 Election | NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Shehu Sani Slams Governors Who Say They Can't Pay N30k
- My Vision For Better Nigeria Achievable - Buhari
- Married Female Banker Steals Customer’s N8Million In Abuja
- Why Atiku will not stay beyond 4 years as President- Aide
- Court orders Trump to restore press pass of CNN reporter
- Total National Division 1 dunks off November 27
- Volleyball: Nimrod attends FIVB Congress in Mexico
- FIFA approves Stephen Okechukwu Keshi Stadium, Asaba for Uganda friendly
- Rohr: Injuries, suspensions mean opportunities for others
- Revealed! See how much Nigeria’s political officers earn
- Onyekuru sued by baby mama over child support payment
- Super Eagles/Uganda friendly :Ikpeba,Yobo, others storm Asaba
- APC leadership style, an enduring legacy – Kasunmu
- I have only 75k in my account- Efe BBNaija admits
- NGO raises funds for cancer patients
- AfDB President speaks on Buhari’s hardline on Africa Free Trade agreement
- Dollar appreciates as Brexit deal suffers setback
- FG to set up special Banks for petty traders
- Buhari extends Seplat’s OMLs to 2038
- Buhari makes new appointments
- Don't Die Till Our Strike Is Over - Mortuary Staff Tells Ghanains
- Tope Alabi & Husband Celebrate Wedding Anniversary
- Comedian I Go Dye Writes Open Letter To President Buhari
- Cultists Who Killed Female Student Over New iPhone Finally Arrested In Bayelsa (Photos)
- How Shehu Sani's APC Senatorial Ticket Was 'Sold For $2m' By Oshiomhole
- Appeal Court Reduces Ex-Gov. Dariye's 14 Years Jail Term
- Fayose Celebrates His 58th Birthday (Photos)
- Outrage As Government Detains Popular Catholic Bishop
- Presidential Debate Unnecessary; says Buhari's Campaign DG, Amaechi
- See What A Woman Did To Her Gateman After He Asked For His Salary (Photos)
- Buhari ‘Covering Up Unemployment Figures Because Of 2019 Elections’
- 2 Ladies Stripped, Killed, Privates Cut Off By Ritualists (Photos)
- N2.5b Fraud Uncovered In Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation
- Face Of Young Man Nabbed With Fresh Human Parts
- Twin Sisters' Kidnappers Demand N15m, Vow To Kill One If Payment Not Made
- "My Wife Is An Unrepentant Adulterer" – Businessman
- Armed Robbers Gunned Down After Being Traced To A Brothel In Delta (Photos)
- 2019: Atiku Holds Crucial Meeting With Saraki, Others
- Pastor Arrested For 'Sleeping With Married Woman' In Edo
- Oshiomhole In Trouble? Ex-APC Chief Exposes Dollar Bribe