– Fayose, however, said he is not supporting any particular aspirant
– He said the opposition party must ensure the primary election is credible and urged Saraki and other presidential aspirants to accept the outcome
The Nation reports that Saraki met with Governor Ayodele Fayose and other PDP delegates at the Government House, Ado-Ekiti to solicit their support at the October National Convention in Port Harcourt where the party’s presidential flag bearer will be elected.
NAIJ.com gathered that the presidential aspirant stressed that he possesses the qualities of the leader needed by Nigerians, promising to give every Nigerian a sense of belonging.
Saraki reportedly said that Nigeria is at crossroads with its democracy endangered claiming that democracy would have collapsed but for the intervention of the National Assembly which he heads.
The Senate president pledged to accede to the demands of Nigerians for restructuring for the states in the federation to maximize their potentials.
He said: “We are at a crossroad. We are seeing great danger with our democracy, that is why your state has had a terrible experience with the kind of democracy.
“If not for what we have been doing at the NASS to sustain and protect the democracy, by now there will be nothing like democracy in Nigeria.
“So, it is important that we look for a courageous and capable President that we can be proud of. A President that will ensure that we have true democracy.
“Before now we have been voting based on sentiment, and ethnicity, so we need a leader that will allow you to reach your goal, it is time we restructure and have a state that would be able to maximise their potentials.”
In his remarks, Fayose advised PDP presidential aspirants to accept the outcome of the party primary election slated for October 6, 2018, and work for the success of the party.
The governor, who said that he was not supporting any particular aspirant, said he had cautioned his colleagues that they must allow the process to be credible.
Fayose said: “Nigerians are waiting for PDP to liberate them and we must be united to be able to rescue them.”
Threatening to back out of the primary election if the process is not credible, Fayose alleged that the future of the country had already been mortgaged.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
NAIJ.com previously reported that former president Goodluck Jonathan tipped former Jigawa state governor and PDP presidential aspirant, Sule Lamido, as a man that can unite Nigeria if elected president next year.
Jonathan said this when members of Lamido’s National Campaign Council visited the former president at his residence in Yenagoa, Bayelsa state, on Saturday, September 15.
In a statement issued by Lamido’s media aide on social media, Mansur Ahmed, the former president expressed the belief that the next president after President Muhammadu Buhari will come from the PDP next year.
PDP’s Magnificent 7 For 2019 Election | NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Federal Government Revives 18 Fertiliser Blending Plants
- Deputy Speaker, Eight Others In Oyo Assembly Defect To ADC
- Cultists Come Out Of Their Hideout, Denounce Membership
- 'I Thought It Was 419' - Thomas Etuh speaks on first meeting with Buhari
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Court orders senator to be summoned on newspaper
- APC gov.-elect visits Omisore
- Billionaire Femi Otedola Pictured With FIFA President
- I Didn't Purchase ADC Governorship Form For Governor Ambode - Former Speaker Ikuforiji
- Tears As Massive Flood Kills Pastor & His Wife In Imo State
- OPM Church Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School
- PDP afraid of rerun in Osun, says APC
- Prudent Energy Handball League to commence on Wednesday
- Anderson gains revenge over Novak Djokovic
- CAF Cup: Ikpeazu hails Enyimba for trouncing Rayon
- Tiger Woods wins first trophy in five years
- Mbaoma shoots Akwa United to top group
- Ballon d’Or: France football magazine to present award to best female player
- Tunde Sanni resigns as ABS coach
- Many Jubilate As Court Declares Okorocha Deputy's Impeachment Illegal (Photos)
- Tinubu's Ex-Wife & Mother Of His First Son Is Dead
- DSS Confirms Arrest, Detention Of Aisha Buhari’s ADC
- EXPOSED: INEC Removed 4,387 Votes From Our Ballots – PDP
- Fani-Kayode Visits Kwankwaso At His Residence
- APC Sends Kayode Fayemi To Omisore's House
- NSCDC begins inspection of petrol stations in Nasarawa State
- Real Madrid joins race for Ajax Fenkie de jong
- Pique: History speaks for itself
- Allegri: Ronaldo’s mentality, stronger than others
- Carragher: Arsenal, Man utd will miss out on top 4
- FG explains why Nigeria Air project was suspended
- CBN releases new cheque standard
- CBN retains rates again
- Stakeholders express concerns over adulterated palm oil
- CUSTOMS: FOU Owerri impounds military Camouflage, Tramadol, others
- Baby Escapes Death After Crawling Into A Major Road (Photo)
- FG Opens Up On Reason For Suspending Nigeria Air
- Robbers Busted After Snatching SUV From Victim At Gunpoint
- 2019: Abdulsalami Peace Committee In Closed-Door Meeting With INEC Chairman
- Special Offer On Trips To Dubai