Surprise, bewilderment as African country bans female lawmakers from entering Parliament with false eyelashes, fingernails
– The Tanzanian speaker of Parliament has banned female MPs from entering the House with false eye lashes and fingernails
– He said he is also making consultations with experts before deciding on whether or not to stop female lawmakers who use excessive make-up from entering the House
– At least 700 women in Tanzania are reportedly admitted to hospitals across the country with complications as a result of using false eyelashes, false finger nails and skin bleaching
Female members of the Tanzanian Parliament have been banned from entering the House with false fingernails and eye lashes.
The ban was given by the speaker of the Parliament, during a session on Monday, September 10, Standard Media reports.
NAIJ.com gathers that the speaker further disclosed that he is also making consultations with experts before deciding on whether or not to stop female MPs who use excessive make-up from entering the House.
He said: “With the powers vested in me by the constitution of the United Republic of Tanzania, I now ban all MPs with false eyelashes and false finger nails from stepping into Parliament”
The directive came after the House was informed by the deputy minister for health, community development, gender, elderly and children, Dr Faustine Ndugulile, that women with false eyelashes and false finger nails face serious health risks that are costly to the country.
At least 700 women in Tanzania are reportedly admitted to hospitals across the country with complications as a result of using false eyelashes, false finger nails and skin bleaching.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Recall that NAIJ.com previously reported that Tanzanian president, John Pombe Magufuli, banned the wearing of miniskirts in the country, saying he believes the garments, along with short dresses, encourage the spread of HIV/AIDS.
Tanzania cultural development director, Herman Mwansoko, said all Tanzanian women had three months within which to “get rid of miniskirts for replacement with decent garments.”
Quick and easy steps to fix eyelashes – on NAIJ.com TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- How Shehu Sani's APC Senatorial Ticket Was 'Sold For $2m' By Oshiomhole
- Appeal Court Reduces Ex-Gov. Dariye's 14 Years Jail Term
- Fayose Celebrates His 58th Birthday (Photos)
- Outrage As Government Detains Popular Catholic Bishop
- Presidential Debate Unnecessary; says Buhari's Campaign DG, Amaechi
- See What A Woman Did To Her Gateman After He Asked For His Salary (Photos)
- Buhari ‘Covering Up Unemployment Figures Because Of 2019 Elections’
- 2 Ladies Stripped, Killed, Privates Cut Off By Ritualists (Photos)
- N2.5b Fraud Uncovered In Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation
- Face Of Young Man Nabbed With Fresh Human Parts
- Twin Sisters' Kidnappers Demand N15m, Vow To Kill One If Payment Not Made
- "My Wife Is An Unrepentant Adulterer" – Businessman
- Armed Robbers Gunned Down After Being Traced To A Brothel In Delta (Photos)
- 2019: Atiku Holds Crucial Meeting With Saraki, Others
- Pastor Arrested For 'Sleeping With Married Woman' In Edo
- Oshiomhole In Trouble? Ex-APC Chief Exposes Dollar Bribe
- Governor's Earn Over N600k But Make Billions Through Fraud With Contractors
- Okorocha Says Buhari Will Win In 2019, Warns Igbo Leaders Who Endorsed Ariku
- 34 Yahoo Boys, Including Ladies Arrested... Charms, Cars Recovered (Photos)
- Saraki, Oshiomhole In War Of Words Over APC Dollar Bribe
- Young Man Caught Red-handed With Fresh Human Parts
- NLC Reacts To Threat By Govs To Sack Over Minimum Wage
- NDLEA Uncovers 12 Containers With 340 Million Tramadol
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Shehu Sani To FG: All We See Is 'Megawatts Of Propaganda'
- Resource control by states not advisable now, says Atiku
- Bribery allegation: Oshiomhole replies Saraki
- Oshiomhole being hunted by political godfathers- group
- 2019: APC should make up its mind on the lie to tell Nigerians – PDP
- 2019: Igbo Leaders endorse Atiku for President
- Bribery scandal: Governor sues newspaper for N3bn
- EFCC seizes properties of Fayose, Diezani, others
- I crave more experience in NPFL —Cameronian coach
- Ehibam Griefshare Foundation partners with Edo state Rugby
- Icheen set for best Women’s Pro-League
- Paul Bassey harps on discipline, professionalism as Akwa United intensify pres-season training
- The most unsettling Tramadol import in years uncovered at Apapa
- Death in the flour: If amala is not your favourite, don’t read this
- How Lagos Police Inspector Killed Man, Stole 2 Sienna Buses
- Man Paints His Beautiful Wife-to-be In Cute Pre-Wedding Pic