By Sam Eyoboka
A GROUP, Igede People of Benue State in Diaspora, has joined in the condemnation of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, for demanding the minutes of the State Security Council meetings between 2015 and 2018, describing the act as harassment and intimidation taken to the extreme.
According to Kaduna State branch chairman of the group, Mr. Sunday Oibe, the anti-graft agency, which has lately assumed the position of an attack dog of All Progressives Congress, APC, has not relented in persecuting the state governor, Mr. Samuel Ortom, since he defected from the ruling party to the PDP.
Reacting to reports of plans by EFCC to pry into the minutes of security meetings of the state, Oibe warned President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration that if anything happened to the state and its governor, he would be held responsible.
He said: “The rule of law must be followed. By using harassment, I don’t think APC chairman, Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, is in order.
He said: “It is not a must, Nigeria is not an entity for any person. Nigeria belongs to all of us. We, Igede people in the diaspora, are calling on the entire Nigerians that if anything happens in Benue State, Mr. President will be held responsible because he is the one who is blocking the other side and allowing people in.
“We are still insisting that the IGP who had been accused severally of paying deaf ears to corruption in APC, must be sacked the same way the erstwhile Director-General of the Department of State Services, DSS, Alhaji Lawal Daura, was sacked.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP in Ekiti condemns public hearing on the finances of local governments
- Saraki condemns use of security agents to disenfranchised voters
- FG files charges against permanent secretary, director over alleged land fraud
- Bad luck for APC as Kastina Rep member dumps party for PDP
- Kante: I don’t want attention on my personality
- Barca to equal Bayern’s UCL record with win against Spurs
- De Jong denies PSG’s contract agreement
- Abdidal to meet Dembele over disciplinary issues
- Cavani’s PSG future uncertain
- Klopp evolved at Liverpool says Carragher
- Lady Shows Her Family Living With HIV... what they take daily
- See What Teacher Did To A Student In Lagos Over Minor Offence
- After 33yrs Of Marriage Woman Gives Birth For The First Time ...she delivered triplets
- Properties Worth N1.8bn Forfeited To FG By Corrupt Ex-NDDC Director (Photos)
- Akwa Ibom APC records highest mass defection in years
- Corruption: EFCC drags NBA president to court
- 2019: Buhari Boasts to Defeat Atiku, Obj Roundly
- Oppression, hate speech are two different things — Oyedepo
- What Mavin wants for Bank Music as Reekado go solo
- How divorce made Asamoah Gyan a poor man
- Buhari desperate to retain power, says Ezekwesili
- 22 Arrested Yahoo Boys Have Been Jailed
- Why The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari We Voted For – Ex-APC Spokesperson, Abdullahi
- 52yrs Old Woman Celebrates Birthday In Style After Giving Birth For The First Time (Photos)
- Robbers Who Attacked Female Lecturer Finally Arrested
- Obasanjo's Support Won't Save Atiku From Defeat - Presidency
- Deadly Cult Clash In Lagos; Seven Killed, Many Injured
- Seriously? Senate pays Dariye N85.5m allowances in prison
- Shock As Kidnappers Tie Lecturer To Tree, Shot Him Dead Over Delay In Paying Ransom
- Buhari Regretting That Obasanjo Has Dumped Him, says PDP
- Assistant Pastor Defiles Church Member’s Twin Daughters In Lagos (Photo)
- Oby Ezekwesili threatens to lead protest over electoral bill
- Buhari: Why I Defeated Goodluck Jonathan In 2015
- "Politicians Now Insert Money Inside Sandwich To Buy Votes"
- See How Fraudsters Scammed Shop Owner While Buying N110,000 Phone In Abuja (Photos)
- Reasons Senate, Reps Should Override Buhari On Electoral Act; by Olisa Agbakoba
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- I’m dumping Enyimba for Katsina United —-Ezenwa
- Difficult match but we came out victorious– Alex Iwobi