By Sam Eyoboka
A GROUP, Igede People of Benue State in Diaspora, has joined in the condemnation of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, for demanding the minutes of the State Security Council meetings between 2015 and 2018, describing the act as harassment and intimidation taken to the extreme.
According to Kaduna State branch chairman of the group, Mr. Sunday Oibe, the anti-graft agency, which has lately assumed the position of an attack dog of All Progressives Congress, APC, has not relented in persecuting the state governor, Mr. Samuel Ortom, since he defected from the ruling party to the PDP.
Reacting to reports of plans by EFCC to pry into the minutes of security meetings of the state, Oibe warned President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration that if anything happened to the state and its governor, he would be held responsible.
He said: “The rule of law must be followed. By using harassment, I don’t think APC chairman, Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, is in order.
He said: “It is not a must, Nigeria is not an entity for any person. Nigeria belongs to all of us. We, Igede people in the diaspora, are calling on the entire Nigerians that if anything happens in Benue State, Mr. President will be held responsible because he is the one who is blocking the other side and allowing people in.
“We are still insisting that the IGP who had been accused severally of paying deaf ears to corruption in APC, must be sacked the same way the erstwhile Director-General of the Department of State Services, DSS, Alhaji Lawal Daura, was sacked.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Obanikoro, 16 Others To Testify Against Fayose (DETAILS)
- Mbaka To Atiku: Don't Be Like Buhari If You Become President
- Tonto Dikeh's Sister Drinks Hypo To End Her Life?
- After working for APC; Omisore, Obanikoro, get their passports from EFCC
- Pastor Sleeping With Married Woman? 3 Corpses Found In His House (Photos)
- Dino Reacts To Shehu Sani Leaving APC At the Wrong Time
- More Troubles For Atiku From Igbo Leaders... Saraki intervenes
- Nnamdi Kanu Called Me, He Agreed To Work To Defeat Buhari - Fani-Kayode
- Polio Victim Who Just Finished NYSC Shares Touching Story
- Wife Cries Out As Her Husband Got Married To Another Lady
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ooni's New Wife Leads Praise & Worship In His Palace (Photos)
- Why APC Sen. Shehu Sani defects
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League
- Court rejects Russian footballers’ appeal over attack
- Ghana withdraws from CAF competitions
- See How Buhari’s Poor Performance Is Elevating Atiku
- Ekweremadu May Dump PDP?
- Woman Cries Bitterly After Being Scammed By Yahoo Boy
- Saudi Arabia admits missing journalist died in Consulate
- N8.86bn debt: Bank battles late billionaire’s family
- Tenis star Sharapova confirms romance with Prince william
- Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd is a typical Torres at Chelsea – Carragher
- Copa del’ Rey decisive fixtures
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- EFCC stacks allegation, evidence against Fayose in court
- 900 retirees die waiting for pension
- Ooni Reveals Why He Married A Prophetess (Photos)
- Fayose Charged With Fraud By EFCC, Moved To Lagos
- Delta State University Graduate Climbs A Mast After Running Mad (Photo)
- I Don’t Know Bola Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo
- Windscreens Cracked As Hailstones Rain Down On Cars From The Sky In Abuja