Press statement from EFCC
The attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC has been drawn to a news report entitled, Magu’s Chief of Staff Under Investigation for Bribery and Unalwful Enrichment, which was published by online news platforms, First Weekly Magazine, and Nigeriannewsdirect, alleging that Mr. Ola Olukoyede, Chief of Staff to Ibrahim Magu, acting chairman EFCC, is under investigation for alleged corruption.
The publications purports that Mr. Olukoyede defrauded some prominent “Nigerian(sic)…under the guise of assisting (sic) to curry (sic) from his boss, Ibrahim Magu.” It went on to list an unnamed former Niger a State governor and a prominent Chief from the southwest among his alleged victims. The latter, the publications claimed, lost N100m to the Chief of Staff!
The salacious claims continued with the strange revelation that EFCC “discovered a mind-boggling amount of money in his personal accounts”, which supposedly forced the Vice President to order an internal probe.
The icing was the disclosure that Mr. Olukoyede was detained and thereafter placed on suspension.
The narrative and the issues raised are strange to the EFCC. As far as the Commission is concerned, Mr. Ola Olukoyede is not under any investigation and could, therefore, not have been detained or suspended. The Commission has no record of any petition by anybody calling into question the integrity of the Chief of Staff. So stories about a former governor or a prominent south west chief accusing him of wrong doing are at best fictional.
Consequently, the Commission is inclined to dismiss these publications as the handiwork of mischief makers who are out to impugn the hard earned reputation of Mr. Olukoyede for reasons that are not clear.
The Commission consequently enjoins members of the public to disregard the publication for what it is : fake news!
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Why APC Sen. Shehu Sani defects
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League
- Court rejects Russian footballers’ appeal over attack
- Ghana withdraws from CAF competitions
- See How Buhari’s Poor Performance Is Elevating Atiku
- Ekweremadu May Dump PDP?
- Woman Cries Bitterly After Being Scammed By Yahoo Boy
- Saudi Arabia admits missing journalist died in Consulate
- N8.86bn debt: Bank battles late billionaire’s family
- Tenis star Sharapova confirms romance with Prince william
- Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd is a typical Torres at Chelsea – Carragher
- Copa del’ Rey decisive fixtures
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- EFCC stacks allegation, evidence against Fayose in court
- 900 retirees die waiting for pension
- Ooni Reveals Why He Married A Prophetess (Photos)
- Fayose Charged With Fraud By EFCC, Moved To Lagos
- Delta State University Graduate Climbs A Mast After Running Mad (Photo)
- I Don’t Know Bola Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo
- Windscreens Cracked As Hailstones Rain Down On Cars From The Sky In Abuja
- Minimum Wage: Ngge Says Labour Can't Dictate To Govt.
- Police Drags Adeleke To Court, Says "We're Not Aware Of Kemi Adeosun Forgery"
- N2.1bn Case: Face Dasuki, Not I - Dokpesi Tells Court
- Amosun Dares APC, Insists On Handing Over To His Candidate
- See Reactions To Nnamdi Kanu's Appearance In Jerusalem
- Photos Of VP Osinbajo Visiting Bayelsa Flood Victims
- Popular Actor Okon Lagos and His Beautiful Wife Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- SFU exposes bank staffers, criminals forging ATM cards
- Splinter group emerges in APC
- 2019: Buhari remembers Jonathan, tells Kannywood his surprise
- Usain Bolt, Valletta contract goes south