…, as court dissolves 7-yr-old marriage
Iseyin—A Grade ‘C’ Customary Court in Iseyin, Oyo State, yesterday, dissolved a seven-year-old marriage between one Baliki Oke and her husband, Arowolo, over incessant demand for sex.
Baliki had approached the court in July, seeking dissolution of her marriage to Arowolo over his frequent demand for sex, although the union had produced a six-year-old boy.
In her words: “My husband wants to kill me with sex. He demands sex more than he does food; he wants to have sex with me six times in a day before he gets satisfied.
“Arowolo goes to the farm very early in the morning and would not wait for me to bring his lunch, but come home in the afternoon just to have sex twice, before he goes back to the farm and would still make demands when he returns at night.
“Anytime I try to resist him, he will beat me till I surrender. I have decided to quit for the sake of my life. My lord, please dissolve this marriage.”
‘Not my fault’
Responding, Arowolo, who did not refute the claims of his estranged wife, told the court that he has a high sex drive.
He said: “I have worked very hard to solve this problem of incessant sex urge to no avail.
“The truth is that I can’t cope with life without sex. I can’t work, eat or play; sex is more important to me than anything else in life.
“I have been suffering since she packed out of our house about 10 days ago; I have not been going to work. I have begged her relatives to plead with her on my behalf.”
Arowolo, who urged the court not to dissolve the marriage, promised to check his urge for sex if she returns.
Delivering judgment, President of the court, Chief Adelodun Raheem, said all efforts to plead with the wife and her relatives were unsuccessful.
He dissolved the marriage, granted custody of their child to Baliki and ordered Arowolo to be paying N2,500 weekly to the court’s Registrar for the child’s upkeep.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ambode Gives N500 Million To 275 CDAs In Lagos (Photos)
- PDP Rejects Inconclusive Election; INEC Accused of Bias, Fraud
- Suspected iPhone Thief Caught and Disgraced In Oshodi, Lagos
- INEC: Only votes of Osun people will determine next governor
- See What A Wicked Uncle Did To 11-Year-Old Girl In Lagos
- We're Happy Osun Election Was Declared Inconclusive - APC
- Three Friends Arrested For Robbery & R*ping A Young Lady
- Ambode to Exit APC? Ward Chairmen Have Endorsed Sanwo-Olu
- Senate, House of Reps Will No Longer Resume This Month
- Sacked Lagos Houseboy Mobilizes Soldiers To Beat Up Boss
- Osun Election: Saraki Faults INEC Verdict, Urges PDP Supporters To Remain Firm
- What Saraki, Dogara Have Done To NASS - Senator Ndume
- No Regrets Serving Nigeria Under Jonathan - Ex VP Sambo
- 2019:Former Speaker confirms how much Ambode still needs prayer
- Osun poll: PDP kicks against rerun
- Photos Of President Buhari & Wife Departing Nigeria For US
- Female Footballers Involve In Bus Accident In Kogi, Their Driver Is Unconscious
- "How I Joined Kidney Business" - Human Kidneys' Hunters
- Saraki Wins Over Omisore of SDP to Support PDP Defeat APC?
- Lagos 2019: Sanwo-Olu compounds Ambode’s woes
- Kwese Premier League resumes with Conference eight crackers.
- Top five Nigerian players in the UEFA Europa League this week
- I celebrate Akinwunmi over NFF victory—-MFM FC new director
- Aisha Buhari departs for New York to attend UNGA
- Anthony Joshua defeats Povetkin in seventh round
- Kogi United pips NAF Rockets to maintain promotion chase
- Buruj boys to present trophies to Ambode
- Saraki’s Senate has failed Nigerians—Senator
- Boat mishap claims lives in Borno
- Details Of 7 Units Where Rerun Will Hold In Osun September 27
- Lady Jumps Out Of A Moving Car To Escape Robbery In Abuja
- Ras Kimono's Wife Dies Just 3 Months After Husband's Death
- Prince Kazeem Eletu Odibo Empowers His PRO With Cash As She Adds Another Years
- Osun Decides: INEC Planning To Declare Election Inconclusive?
- Woman Breaks Down In Tears As Pastor Gave Her Entire Church Offerings (Photos)
- BREAKING: Osun Governorship Election Declared Inconclusive
- Tinubu/Ambode feud: Lagos APC insists on primary
- You Have My Blessings - IBB assures Tambuwal
- Dangerous Flood: Monarch weeps as town go under water