…, as court dissolves 7-yr-old marriage
Iseyin—A Grade ‘C’ Customary Court in Iseyin, Oyo State, yesterday, dissolved a seven-year-old marriage between one Baliki Oke and her husband, Arowolo, over incessant demand for sex.
Baliki had approached the court in July, seeking dissolution of her marriage to Arowolo over his frequent demand for sex, although the union had produced a six-year-old boy.
In her words: “My husband wants to kill me with sex. He demands sex more than he does food; he wants to have sex with me six times in a day before he gets satisfied.
“Arowolo goes to the farm very early in the morning and would not wait for me to bring his lunch, but come home in the afternoon just to have sex twice, before he goes back to the farm and would still make demands when he returns at night.
“Anytime I try to resist him, he will beat me till I surrender. I have decided to quit for the sake of my life. My lord, please dissolve this marriage.”
‘Not my fault’
Responding, Arowolo, who did not refute the claims of his estranged wife, told the court that he has a high sex drive.
He said: “I have worked very hard to solve this problem of incessant sex urge to no avail.
“The truth is that I can’t cope with life without sex. I can’t work, eat or play; sex is more important to me than anything else in life.
“I have been suffering since she packed out of our house about 10 days ago; I have not been going to work. I have begged her relatives to plead with her on my behalf.”
Arowolo, who urged the court not to dissolve the marriage, promised to check his urge for sex if she returns.
Delivering judgment, President of the court, Chief Adelodun Raheem, said all efforts to plead with the wife and her relatives were unsuccessful.
He dissolved the marriage, granted custody of their child to Baliki and ordered Arowolo to be paying N2,500 weekly to the court’s Registrar for the child’s upkeep.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NLC, NANS rally for ASUU in Abuja
- Court remands randy Professor in prison
- Confusion trails Teleology’s takeover of 9mobile
- APC Legal Adviser battles Oshiomhole
- 2 houses burnt, 3 killed as birthday turns bloody
- Monkey kills 12-day-old baby after snatching him from mum
- 5 APC members dies in kwara ghastly motor accident
- Obasanjo sues journalist who accused him of killing Bola Ige
- DSTV: Subscribers demand pay-as-you-view billing system
- See Covenant University VC's Beautiful Wife & Kids (Photos)
- 2019: What Will Happen In Nigeria If Atiku Defeats Buhari
- Buhari Campaign Faults Atiku
- See What Woman Did To This Man In Delta (Graphic Photo)
- Atiku Reacts As Service Chiefs Attend Buhari's APC Political Campaign Launch
- Dejan Lovren: we shut Spain up
- Ronaldo and Georgina in church in Turin: wedding preparations?
- Juventus wants Asensio
- Bride & Groom Killed In Road Crash On Way To Their Wedding
- Missing Delta Student Found Dead; Tongue, Br*asts Removed
- Call Me Bastard If Buhari Doesn't Change Nigeria If Re-elected, says Okupe's Son
- Armed Thugs Attack Akwa Ibom Assembly Over APC Member Sacked By Court
- Here's Why Nigerian Economy Will Not Improve Under Buhari
- EFCC To Abuja Judge: Why We Can't Arrest Oshiomhole
- Nigerian Identical Twin Sisters Pregnant With Twins (Photos)
- BBC African Footballer if the Year list out
- FG ramps up 0.8tr in unpaid fuel subsidy
- Kane targets Rooney’s England goals record
- Emir Sanusi advises Muslims to be at forefront of good political leadership
- 21-yr-old mother kills baby immediately after birth
- 2019: Buhari, Atiku, Sowore lead in online poll
- Atiku to Buhari: "Your Next Level Full Of Promises With No Clear Policy"
- Referee Apologises To Nigeria For Mistakes In SA Match
- Abuja Pastor Who's APC Chieftain Shot Dead By Gunmen; Wife & Son Also Shot
- UBA Refunds Man Who Collapsed After Money Was Stolen From His Account
- Female Student Goes Missing In Delta After "Receiving A Call"
- Governor Akeredolu bags Gold Cup Platinum Award
- Portugal hold Italy; clinch finals spot
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Twin Sisters Abducted Days To Their Wedding Regain Freedom After 26 Days In Kidnappers' Den
- How The Ambassador Of Ireland To Nigeria Beat Lagos Traffic