By Chinedu Adonu
ENUGU—AFRICAN Heritage Institution (Afri-Heritage), has tasked Civil Society Organisations, CSOs and Non-Governmental Organisations, NGOs, on championing issues on socio-economic development.
The executive director of Afri-Heritage, Prof. Ufo Okeke-Uzodike made the call yesterday in Enugu during a CSOs/NGOs engagement forum titled, “Collaborating for Greater Impact”.
Okeke-Uzodike said there was a need for various CSOs and NGOs in the country to come together and network to solve permanently at least one socio-economic challenge confronting majority of Nigerians.
He noted that CSOs and NGOs not playing their part efficiently had contributed to the woes of the country, adding that CSOs/NGOs in other countries had contributed to the progress of their nations.
He said: “Change will not happen because we just wish it. It must be worked out and people aggregated together to jointly contribute to the change.
“Most times, you see individual CSOs or NGOs doing something in a particular socio-economic field but these efforts are just like a drop in an ocean. But if we can have a wide range of CSOs and NGOs in the country or any particular region, tackling a single socio-economic issue or problem collectively, I sincerely believe that it will not take long for the challenge to be solved comprehensively.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ambode Gives N500 Million To 275 CDAs In Lagos (Photos)
- PDP Rejects Inconclusive Election; INEC Accused of Bias, Fraud
- Suspected iPhone Thief Caught and Disgraced In Oshodi, Lagos
- INEC: Only votes of Osun people will determine next governor
- See What A Wicked Uncle Did To 11-Year-Old Girl In Lagos
- We're Happy Osun Election Was Declared Inconclusive - APC
- Three Friends Arrested For Robbery & R*ping A Young Lady
- Ambode to Exit APC? Ward Chairmen Have Endorsed Sanwo-Olu
- Senate, House of Reps Will No Longer Resume This Month
- Sacked Lagos Houseboy Mobilizes Soldiers To Beat Up Boss
- Osun Election: Saraki Faults INEC Verdict, Urges PDP Supporters To Remain Firm
- What Saraki, Dogara Have Done To NASS - Senator Ndume
- No Regrets Serving Nigeria Under Jonathan - Ex VP Sambo
- 2019:Former Speaker confirms how much Ambode still needs prayer
- Osun poll: PDP kicks against rerun
- Photos Of President Buhari & Wife Departing Nigeria For US
- Female Footballers Involve In Bus Accident In Kogi, Their Driver Is Unconscious
- "How I Joined Kidney Business" - Human Kidneys' Hunters
- Saraki Wins Over Omisore of SDP to Support PDP Defeat APC?
- Lagos 2019: Sanwo-Olu compounds Ambode’s woes
- Kwese Premier League resumes with Conference eight crackers.
- Top five Nigerian players in the UEFA Europa League this week
- I celebrate Akinwunmi over NFF victory—-MFM FC new director
- Aisha Buhari departs for New York to attend UNGA
- Anthony Joshua defeats Povetkin in seventh round
- Kogi United pips NAF Rockets to maintain promotion chase
- Buruj boys to present trophies to Ambode
- Saraki’s Senate has failed Nigerians—Senator
- Boat mishap claims lives in Borno
- Details Of 7 Units Where Rerun Will Hold In Osun September 27
- Lady Jumps Out Of A Moving Car To Escape Robbery In Abuja
- Ras Kimono's Wife Dies Just 3 Months After Husband's Death
- Prince Kazeem Eletu Odibo Empowers His PRO With Cash As She Adds Another Years
- Osun Decides: INEC Planning To Declare Election Inconclusive?
- Woman Breaks Down In Tears As Pastor Gave Her Entire Church Offerings (Photos)
- BREAKING: Osun Governorship Election Declared Inconclusive
- Tinubu/Ambode feud: Lagos APC insists on primary
- You Have My Blessings - IBB assures Tambuwal
- Dangerous Flood: Monarch weeps as town go under water