By Chinedu Adonu
ENUGU—AFRICAN Heritage Institution (Afri-Heritage), has tasked Civil Society Organisations, CSOs and Non-Governmental Organisations, NGOs, on championing issues on socio-economic development.
The executive director of Afri-Heritage, Prof. Ufo Okeke-Uzodike made the call yesterday in Enugu during a CSOs/NGOs engagement forum titled, “Collaborating for Greater Impact”.
Okeke-Uzodike said there was a need for various CSOs and NGOs in the country to come together and network to solve permanently at least one socio-economic challenge confronting majority of Nigerians.
He noted that CSOs and NGOs not playing their part efficiently had contributed to the woes of the country, adding that CSOs/NGOs in other countries had contributed to the progress of their nations.
He said: “Change will not happen because we just wish it. It must be worked out and people aggregated together to jointly contribute to the change.
“Most times, you see individual CSOs or NGOs doing something in a particular socio-economic field but these efforts are just like a drop in an ocean. But if we can have a wide range of CSOs and NGOs in the country or any particular region, tackling a single socio-economic issue or problem collectively, I sincerely believe that it will not take long for the challenge to be solved comprehensively.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NLC, NANS rally for ASUU in Abuja
- Court remands randy Professor in prison
- Confusion trails Teleology’s takeover of 9mobile
- APC Legal Adviser battles Oshiomhole
- 2 houses burnt, 3 killed as birthday turns bloody
- Monkey kills 12-day-old baby after snatching him from mum
- 5 APC members dies in kwara ghastly motor accident
- Obasanjo sues journalist who accused him of killing Bola Ige
- DSTV: Subscribers demand pay-as-you-view billing system
- See Covenant University VC's Beautiful Wife & Kids (Photos)
- 2019: What Will Happen In Nigeria If Atiku Defeats Buhari
- Buhari Campaign Faults Atiku
- See What Woman Did To This Man In Delta (Graphic Photo)
- Atiku Reacts As Service Chiefs Attend Buhari's APC Political Campaign Launch
- Dejan Lovren: we shut Spain up
- Ronaldo and Georgina in church in Turin: wedding preparations?
- Juventus wants Asensio
- Bride & Groom Killed In Road Crash On Way To Their Wedding
- Missing Delta Student Found Dead; Tongue, Br*asts Removed
- Call Me Bastard If Buhari Doesn't Change Nigeria If Re-elected, says Okupe's Son
- Armed Thugs Attack Akwa Ibom Assembly Over APC Member Sacked By Court
- Here's Why Nigerian Economy Will Not Improve Under Buhari
- EFCC To Abuja Judge: Why We Can't Arrest Oshiomhole
- Nigerian Identical Twin Sisters Pregnant With Twins (Photos)
- BBC African Footballer if the Year list out
- FG ramps up 0.8tr in unpaid fuel subsidy
- Kane targets Rooney’s England goals record
- Emir Sanusi advises Muslims to be at forefront of good political leadership
- 21-yr-old mother kills baby immediately after birth
- 2019: Buhari, Atiku, Sowore lead in online poll
- Atiku to Buhari: "Your Next Level Full Of Promises With No Clear Policy"
- Referee Apologises To Nigeria For Mistakes In SA Match
- Abuja Pastor Who's APC Chieftain Shot Dead By Gunmen; Wife & Son Also Shot
- UBA Refunds Man Who Collapsed After Money Was Stolen From His Account
- Female Student Goes Missing In Delta After "Receiving A Call"
- Governor Akeredolu bags Gold Cup Platinum Award
- Portugal hold Italy; clinch finals spot
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Twin Sisters Abducted Days To Their Wedding Regain Freedom After 26 Days In Kidnappers' Den
- How The Ambassador Of Ireland To Nigeria Beat Lagos Traffic