Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose has said that Nigerians, especially the youths must rise and save the country from the All Progressives Congress (APC) government of recklessness just as he asked if removal of Senator Bukola Saraki as Senate President will reduce price of rice to N7, 000 per bag?
The governor, who was addressing some stakeholders from Gbonyin and Ekiti East Local Governments on Wednesday, said : “Events in the last few weeks are pointers to the fact that for Nigeria to be rescued from this impending anarchy, the people must rise to ensure that their votes count and rule of law is sustained.” and vowed to remain resolute in his defense of the common people of Nigeria against the President Muhammadu Buhari led APC federal government.
Special Assistant to the governor on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, quoted him as describing the arrest and detention of a journalist working with Premium Times, Samuel Ogundipe as continuation of the government’s suppression of freedom of information and of the press.
Governor Fayose said that all agencies of the federal government, especially the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and all security agencies had been turned to tools of the APC.
He added that “Questions that must be agitating the minds of Nigerians are; how did we get to this here? How did Nigeria return to the era of arrest and detention without trial, brazing disobedient to court orders and most importantly; ballot stuffing and use of thugs to
snatch ballot box?”
The governor decried the turning of the APC’s obsession for the removal of Senator Bukola Saraki as Senate President to one of the party’s main national agenda, saying; “They are holding meetings upon meetings on Senator Saraki’s impeachment as if removing the Senate President will reduce the price of rice to N7, 000 per bag that it was in 2015.
“The party has also gained expertise in elections rigging through ballot snatching and brazing manipulation of results, thereby destroying the legacy of free, fair and credible elections bequeathed by the PDP government.
“Nigerians must therefore rise and save the country from the government of a President who behaves like a saint while so must corruption and impunity are perpetrated under his watch.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- China's Richest Man, Jack Ma Dumps His $420bn Company, Alibaba To Become A Teacher
- Service Chiefs Left Buhari's Next Level After Realising It Was A Political Meeting
- APC Threatens To Expel Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Abe, Shittu
- How Obanikoro moved N1.2Billion for Fayose in three aircraft – Witness
- Reactions Trailing Buhari & Atiku's 2019 Promises
- Four Persons Killed As Armed Robbers Storm Bank In Ekiti
- Gbajabiamila Tells Yorubas To Reject Atiku’s SGF Offer
- Woman's Hand Chopped Off By Her Brother-in-law
- Soyinka, Others Insist On Restructuring
- Touching Story: "I Was Struck By Lightning, Lost My Dad, Had An Accident All In One Day"
- Shock As Gunmen Kidnap Female Lecturer In Broad Daylight
- Little Boy Gets A Mercedes After Doing 4,105 Press-Ups
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Remove the Immunity Clause from our constitution – Ude
- Expert task Nigerian students on self reliance
- 2019: Oshiomhole hints at what Kwara people will do to Saraki
- Dalung hails Super Eagles ‘s 2019 AFCON qualification
- Lack of friendlies make us loss to SA—Super Falcons Coach
- Eagles, Cranes set Asaba aglow in glamour friendly
- Ghana 2018: Dennerby confident Falcons will bounce back
- Pinnick dedicates AFA Award to NFF Exco, Sponsors
- This common leaf cures infertility, prostate cancer
- Atiku promises to boost oil sector investment, stop fuel subsidies
- Airtel unveil mobile security for subscribers
- NYSC denies increase in corps monthly allowance
- Subscriber slams N250m suit on MTN
- CBN still ruthlessly efficient at reining in money in circulation
- Nigeria spends N488bn to subsidise fuel consumption in 8 months
- Tinubu absent as Buhari, APC launch 2019 campaign
- Saraki’s N400m 30-state funding of APC in 2015: SERAP demands INEC to probe campaign spending
- Minimum wage: Buhari meets with governors
- Dubai Building A Rotating Skyscraper... Here Are Details
- Lady Battered, Escapes From Man Who Tried To R*pe Her
- NLC, NANS rally for ASUU in Abuja
- Court remands randy Professor in prison
- Confusion trails Teleology’s takeover of 9mobile
- APC Legal Adviser battles Oshiomhole
- 2 houses burnt, 3 killed as birthday turns bloody
- Monkey kills 12-day-old baby after snatching him from mum
- 5 APC members dies in kwara ghastly motor accident