Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose has said that Nigerians, especially the youths must rise and save the country from the All Progressives Congress (APC) government of recklessness just as he asked if removal of Senator Bukola Saraki as Senate President will reduce price of rice to N7, 000 per bag?
The governor, who was addressing some stakeholders from Gbonyin and Ekiti East Local Governments on Wednesday, said : “Events in the last few weeks are pointers to the fact that for Nigeria to be rescued from this impending anarchy, the people must rise to ensure that their votes count and rule of law is sustained.” and vowed to remain resolute in his defense of the common people of Nigeria against the President Muhammadu Buhari led APC federal government.
Special Assistant to the governor on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, quoted him as describing the arrest and detention of a journalist working with Premium Times, Samuel Ogundipe as continuation of the government’s suppression of freedom of information and of the press.
Governor Fayose said that all agencies of the federal government, especially the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and all security agencies had been turned to tools of the APC.
He added that “Questions that must be agitating the minds of Nigerians are; how did we get to this here? How did Nigeria return to the era of arrest and detention without trial, brazing disobedient to court orders and most importantly; ballot stuffing and use of thugs to
snatch ballot box?”
The governor decried the turning of the APC’s obsession for the removal of Senator Bukola Saraki as Senate President to one of the party’s main national agenda, saying; “They are holding meetings upon meetings on Senator Saraki’s impeachment as if removing the Senate President will reduce the price of rice to N7, 000 per bag that it was in 2015.
“The party has also gained expertise in elections rigging through ballot snatching and brazing manipulation of results, thereby destroying the legacy of free, fair and credible elections bequeathed by the PDP government.
“Nigerians must therefore rise and save the country from the government of a President who behaves like a saint while so must corruption and impunity are perpetrated under his watch.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ambode Gives N500 Million To 275 CDAs In Lagos (Photos)
- PDP Rejects Inconclusive Election; INEC Accused of Bias, Fraud
- Suspected iPhone Thief Caught and Disgraced In Oshodi, Lagos
- INEC: Only votes of Osun people will determine next governor
- See What A Wicked Uncle Did To 11-Year-Old Girl In Lagos
- We're Happy Osun Election Was Declared Inconclusive - APC
- Three Friends Arrested For Robbery & R*ping A Young Lady
- Ambode to Exit APC? Ward Chairmen Have Endorsed Sanwo-Olu
- Senate, House of Reps Will No Longer Resume This Month
- Sacked Lagos Houseboy Mobilizes Soldiers To Beat Up Boss
- Osun Election: Saraki Faults INEC Verdict, Urges PDP Supporters To Remain Firm
- What Saraki, Dogara Have Done To NASS - Senator Ndume
- No Regrets Serving Nigeria Under Jonathan - Ex VP Sambo
- 2019:Former Speaker confirms how much Ambode still needs prayer
- Osun poll: PDP kicks against rerun
- Photos Of President Buhari & Wife Departing Nigeria For US
- Female Footballers Involve In Bus Accident In Kogi, Their Driver Is Unconscious
- "How I Joined Kidney Business" - Human Kidneys' Hunters
- Saraki Wins Over Omisore of SDP to Support PDP Defeat APC?
- Lagos 2019: Sanwo-Olu compounds Ambode’s woes
- Kwese Premier League resumes with Conference eight crackers.
- Top five Nigerian players in the UEFA Europa League this week
- I celebrate Akinwunmi over NFF victory—-MFM FC new director
- Aisha Buhari departs for New York to attend UNGA
- Anthony Joshua defeats Povetkin in seventh round
- Kogi United pips NAF Rockets to maintain promotion chase
- Buruj boys to present trophies to Ambode
- Saraki’s Senate has failed Nigerians—Senator
- Boat mishap claims lives in Borno
- Details Of 7 Units Where Rerun Will Hold In Osun September 27
- Lady Jumps Out Of A Moving Car To Escape Robbery In Abuja
- Ras Kimono's Wife Dies Just 3 Months After Husband's Death
- Prince Kazeem Eletu Odibo Empowers His PRO With Cash As She Adds Another Years
- Osun Decides: INEC Planning To Declare Election Inconclusive?
- Woman Breaks Down In Tears As Pastor Gave Her Entire Church Offerings (Photos)
- BREAKING: Osun Governorship Election Declared Inconclusive
- Tinubu/Ambode feud: Lagos APC insists on primary
- You Have My Blessings - IBB assures Tambuwal
- Dangerous Flood: Monarch weeps as town go under water