Despite having the largest economy in Africa and producing a large proportion of goods and services across the region, a fresh indication has emerged that Nigeria is yet to have any single organize market for furniture materials in the country.
According to the Managing Director, Vava Furnitures, Mr. Micheal Tawadrous, “As a major player in the industry, Nigeria as a country still have a long way to go. Nigeria is yet to get a single organised market for furniture materials in the country.
“There is no organised market that sells raw materials. If I want to produce here in Nigeria, to buy common screw you will have to enter several markets, yet you will not get it.
“You cannot see all you need for your production, which is a daily challenge. Every material we have in this factory, we have sent a pre-order request for us to avoid the stress, sometimes importation delays.”
He stated that “I have been to countries where you see about 10 blocks of building with several plazas that contain maybe 5,000 shops all they sell is a screw.
“When you get there you get everything that has to do with screws ranging from the machine that produces the screw to the finished product.
“Even fabric market you will get everything in just a block containing about 10, 000 shops. There is no way you will not get your order.”
Tawadrous, who is also the Icafe Ambassador to Nigeria, commended the effort of the present administration for sterilizing the system.
He said: “I must also appreciate the effort by this administration to divert from mono-economy to invest in other sectors such as manufacturing.
“Yes Nigeria economy is a very large market that can accommodate any genuine investors, and there is also a great resource to complement the market, but rash investors should prepare because the market is becoming very so sophisticated to the extent that only professional can survive.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- China's Richest Man, Jack Ma Dumps His $420bn Company, Alibaba To Become A Teacher
- Service Chiefs Left Buhari's Next Level After Realising It Was A Political Meeting
- APC Threatens To Expel Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Abe, Shittu
- How Obanikoro moved N1.2Billion for Fayose in three aircraft – Witness
- Reactions Trailing Buhari & Atiku's 2019 Promises
- Four Persons Killed As Armed Robbers Storm Bank In Ekiti
- Gbajabiamila Tells Yorubas To Reject Atiku’s SGF Offer
- Woman's Hand Chopped Off By Her Brother-in-law
- Soyinka, Others Insist On Restructuring
- Touching Story: "I Was Struck By Lightning, Lost My Dad, Had An Accident All In One Day"
- Shock As Gunmen Kidnap Female Lecturer In Broad Daylight
- Little Boy Gets A Mercedes After Doing 4,105 Press-Ups
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Remove the Immunity Clause from our constitution – Ude
- Expert task Nigerian students on self reliance
- 2019: Oshiomhole hints at what Kwara people will do to Saraki
- Dalung hails Super Eagles ‘s 2019 AFCON qualification
- Lack of friendlies make us loss to SA—Super Falcons Coach
- Eagles, Cranes set Asaba aglow in glamour friendly
- Ghana 2018: Dennerby confident Falcons will bounce back
- Pinnick dedicates AFA Award to NFF Exco, Sponsors
- This common leaf cures infertility, prostate cancer
- Atiku promises to boost oil sector investment, stop fuel subsidies
- Airtel unveil mobile security for subscribers
- NYSC denies increase in corps monthly allowance
- Subscriber slams N250m suit on MTN
- CBN still ruthlessly efficient at reining in money in circulation
- Nigeria spends N488bn to subsidise fuel consumption in 8 months
- Tinubu absent as Buhari, APC launch 2019 campaign
- Saraki’s N400m 30-state funding of APC in 2015: SERAP demands INEC to probe campaign spending
- Minimum wage: Buhari meets with governors
- Dubai Building A Rotating Skyscraper... Here Are Details
- Lady Battered, Escapes From Man Who Tried To R*pe Her
- NLC, NANS rally for ASUU in Abuja
- Court remands randy Professor in prison
- Confusion trails Teleology’s takeover of 9mobile
- APC Legal Adviser battles Oshiomhole
- 2 houses burnt, 3 killed as birthday turns bloody
- Monkey kills 12-day-old baby after snatching him from mum
- 5 APC members dies in kwara ghastly motor accident