Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar on Wednesday lambasted the President Muhammadu Buhari administration.
Atiku took a swipe at failed promises of President Buhari in the area of job creation and security.
He said: “Rather than fulfilling the promise of creating 3 million jobs, we have lost 3 million jobs. Security has collapsed, farmers cannot go to farm amid palpable fear across the land.”
Atiku described the current leadership of the APC as one that is “only ready to take over power but not prepared for governance”.
He stressed the need for leaders to listen to yhe aspirations of the people of Imo State and the entire South East zone which he promised to address in his government if given the mandate.
At the meeting, a BoT member of the PDP, Chief Emmanuel Iwuayanwu described the former Vice President as an intelligent leader, a true Nigerian and the only aspirant who can be fair to the Igbo people in equitable distribution of the nation’s resources.
He declared his support for Atiku’s aspiration, saying he is looking forward to his installation as the President before announcing his retirement from active politics.
Speaking, former Deputy Speaker, House of Representatives, Hon. Emeka Ikhedioha said Atiku is on course to being “the best President Nigeria will have in 2019”.
Those who received Atiku at the Imo International Airport included Sen. Chris Anyanwu, former Governor Achike Udenwa and former Minister Kema Chikwe, Elder Godswill Orubebe, Dr Okwi Nwodo, Yaya Abubakar among others.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ambode Gives N500 Million To 275 CDAs In Lagos (Photos)
- PDP Rejects Inconclusive Election; INEC Accused of Bias, Fraud
- Suspected iPhone Thief Caught and Disgraced In Oshodi, Lagos
- INEC: Only votes of Osun people will determine next governor
- See What A Wicked Uncle Did To 11-Year-Old Girl In Lagos
- We're Happy Osun Election Was Declared Inconclusive - APC
- Three Friends Arrested For Robbery & R*ping A Young Lady
- Ambode to Exit APC? Ward Chairmen Have Endorsed Sanwo-Olu
- Senate, House of Reps Will No Longer Resume This Month
- Sacked Lagos Houseboy Mobilizes Soldiers To Beat Up Boss
- Osun Election: Saraki Faults INEC Verdict, Urges PDP Supporters To Remain Firm
- What Saraki, Dogara Have Done To NASS - Senator Ndume
- No Regrets Serving Nigeria Under Jonathan - Ex VP Sambo
- 2019:Former Speaker confirms how much Ambode still needs prayer
- Osun poll: PDP kicks against rerun
- Photos Of President Buhari & Wife Departing Nigeria For US
- Female Footballers Involve In Bus Accident In Kogi, Their Driver Is Unconscious
- "How I Joined Kidney Business" - Human Kidneys' Hunters
- Saraki Wins Over Omisore of SDP to Support PDP Defeat APC?
- Lagos 2019: Sanwo-Olu compounds Ambode’s woes
- Kwese Premier League resumes with Conference eight crackers.
- Top five Nigerian players in the UEFA Europa League this week
- I celebrate Akinwunmi over NFF victory—-MFM FC new director
- Aisha Buhari departs for New York to attend UNGA
- Anthony Joshua defeats Povetkin in seventh round
- Kogi United pips NAF Rockets to maintain promotion chase
- Buruj boys to present trophies to Ambode
- Saraki’s Senate has failed Nigerians—Senator
- Boat mishap claims lives in Borno
- Details Of 7 Units Where Rerun Will Hold In Osun September 27
- Lady Jumps Out Of A Moving Car To Escape Robbery In Abuja
- Ras Kimono's Wife Dies Just 3 Months After Husband's Death
- Prince Kazeem Eletu Odibo Empowers His PRO With Cash As She Adds Another Years
- Osun Decides: INEC Planning To Declare Election Inconclusive?
- Woman Breaks Down In Tears As Pastor Gave Her Entire Church Offerings (Photos)
- BREAKING: Osun Governorship Election Declared Inconclusive
- Tinubu/Ambode feud: Lagos APC insists on primary
- You Have My Blessings - IBB assures Tambuwal
- Dangerous Flood: Monarch weeps as town go under water