Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar on Wednesday lambasted the President Muhammadu Buhari administration.
Atiku took a swipe at failed promises of President Buhari in the area of job creation and security.
He said: “Rather than fulfilling the promise of creating 3 million jobs, we have lost 3 million jobs. Security has collapsed, farmers cannot go to farm amid palpable fear across the land.”
Atiku described the current leadership of the APC as one that is “only ready to take over power but not prepared for governance”.
He stressed the need for leaders to listen to yhe aspirations of the people of Imo State and the entire South East zone which he promised to address in his government if given the mandate.
At the meeting, a BoT member of the PDP, Chief Emmanuel Iwuayanwu described the former Vice President as an intelligent leader, a true Nigerian and the only aspirant who can be fair to the Igbo people in equitable distribution of the nation’s resources.
He declared his support for Atiku’s aspiration, saying he is looking forward to his installation as the President before announcing his retirement from active politics.
Speaking, former Deputy Speaker, House of Representatives, Hon. Emeka Ikhedioha said Atiku is on course to being “the best President Nigeria will have in 2019”.
Those who received Atiku at the Imo International Airport included Sen. Chris Anyanwu, former Governor Achike Udenwa and former Minister Kema Chikwe, Elder Godswill Orubebe, Dr Okwi Nwodo, Yaya Abubakar among others.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- China's Richest Man, Jack Ma Dumps His $420bn Company, Alibaba To Become A Teacher
- Service Chiefs Left Buhari's Next Level After Realising It Was A Political Meeting
- APC Threatens To Expel Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Abe, Shittu
- How Obanikoro moved N1.2Billion for Fayose in three aircraft – Witness
- Reactions Trailing Buhari & Atiku's 2019 Promises
- Four Persons Killed As Armed Robbers Storm Bank In Ekiti
- Gbajabiamila Tells Yorubas To Reject Atiku’s SGF Offer
- Woman's Hand Chopped Off By Her Brother-in-law
- Soyinka, Others Insist On Restructuring
- Touching Story: "I Was Struck By Lightning, Lost My Dad, Had An Accident All In One Day"
- Shock As Gunmen Kidnap Female Lecturer In Broad Daylight
- Little Boy Gets A Mercedes After Doing 4,105 Press-Ups
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Remove the Immunity Clause from our constitution – Ude
- Expert task Nigerian students on self reliance
- 2019: Oshiomhole hints at what Kwara people will do to Saraki
- Dalung hails Super Eagles ‘s 2019 AFCON qualification
- Lack of friendlies make us loss to SA—Super Falcons Coach
- Eagles, Cranes set Asaba aglow in glamour friendly
- Ghana 2018: Dennerby confident Falcons will bounce back
- Pinnick dedicates AFA Award to NFF Exco, Sponsors
- This common leaf cures infertility, prostate cancer
- Atiku promises to boost oil sector investment, stop fuel subsidies
- Airtel unveil mobile security for subscribers
- NYSC denies increase in corps monthly allowance
- Subscriber slams N250m suit on MTN
- CBN still ruthlessly efficient at reining in money in circulation
- Nigeria spends N488bn to subsidise fuel consumption in 8 months
- Tinubu absent as Buhari, APC launch 2019 campaign
- Saraki’s N400m 30-state funding of APC in 2015: SERAP demands INEC to probe campaign spending
- Minimum wage: Buhari meets with governors
- Dubai Building A Rotating Skyscraper... Here Are Details
- Lady Battered, Escapes From Man Who Tried To R*pe Her
- NLC, NANS rally for ASUU in Abuja
- Court remands randy Professor in prison
- Confusion trails Teleology’s takeover of 9mobile
- APC Legal Adviser battles Oshiomhole
- 2 houses burnt, 3 killed as birthday turns bloody
- Monkey kills 12-day-old baby after snatching him from mum
- 5 APC members dies in kwara ghastly motor accident