Orji was allegedly arrested by unidentified security operatives, who stormed Government House Abakaliki, while exco-meeting was on-going.
An eyewitness, who monitored the drama when the commissioner was being whisked away from the exco-chambers by two hefty security men, said the commissioner’s eye turned red as he was ordered to go out from the exco-chambers.
The sources further stated that, the security operatives, first took away some government files that were in the possession of the commissioner and escorted him to a nearby hilux van and zoomed off.
Investigation revealed that the arrest was allegedly ordered by the state governor, Chief David Umahi.
It was also gathered that the Governor has appointed one Mr. Joseph Obasi to replace the embattled commissioner, Uchenna Orji.
When contacted, the commissioner for information and state orientation, Senator Emmanuel Onwe, said the alleged arrest was not part of the state executive council meeting deliberation and that he cannot say anything regarding the matter.
“The matter, the alleged arrest of Barr. Uchenna Orji, commissioner for empowerment and job creation, with regards to the issues of funding, was not part of the Exco deliberation today and I have nothing to say about that. You are in charge of investigation, you find out.
“We have nothing to say as government regarding the arrest of Uchenna Orji, But what I know is that one Joseph Obasi has been appointed as the acting commissioner for empowerment and job creation,” he stated.
Responding, the Ebonyi State Police Public Relations Officer, Asp, Loveth Odah when contacted, said that the arrest of the commissioner was carried out by the DSS and not the police.
However, all efforts to reach the DSS office as of the time of filling this report was abortive.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- China's Richest Man, Jack Ma Dumps His $420bn Company, Alibaba To Become A Teacher
- Service Chiefs Left Buhari's Next Level After Realising It Was A Political Meeting
- APC Threatens To Expel Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Abe, Shittu
- How Obanikoro moved N1.2Billion for Fayose in three aircraft – Witness
- Reactions Trailing Buhari & Atiku's 2019 Promises
- Four Persons Killed As Armed Robbers Storm Bank In Ekiti
- Gbajabiamila Tells Yorubas To Reject Atiku’s SGF Offer
- Woman's Hand Chopped Off By Her Brother-in-law
- Soyinka, Others Insist On Restructuring
- Touching Story: "I Was Struck By Lightning, Lost My Dad, Had An Accident All In One Day"
- Shock As Gunmen Kidnap Female Lecturer In Broad Daylight
- Little Boy Gets A Mercedes After Doing 4,105 Press-Ups
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Remove the Immunity Clause from our constitution – Ude
- Expert task Nigerian students on self reliance
- 2019: Oshiomhole hints at what Kwara people will do to Saraki
- Dalung hails Super Eagles ‘s 2019 AFCON qualification
- Lack of friendlies make us loss to SA—Super Falcons Coach
- Eagles, Cranes set Asaba aglow in glamour friendly
- Ghana 2018: Dennerby confident Falcons will bounce back
- Pinnick dedicates AFA Award to NFF Exco, Sponsors
- This common leaf cures infertility, prostate cancer
- Atiku promises to boost oil sector investment, stop fuel subsidies
- Airtel unveil mobile security for subscribers
- NYSC denies increase in corps monthly allowance
- Subscriber slams N250m suit on MTN
- CBN still ruthlessly efficient at reining in money in circulation
- Nigeria spends N488bn to subsidise fuel consumption in 8 months
- Tinubu absent as Buhari, APC launch 2019 campaign
- Saraki’s N400m 30-state funding of APC in 2015: SERAP demands INEC to probe campaign spending
- Minimum wage: Buhari meets with governors
- Dubai Building A Rotating Skyscraper... Here Are Details
- Lady Battered, Escapes From Man Who Tried To R*pe Her
- NLC, NANS rally for ASUU in Abuja
- Court remands randy Professor in prison
- Confusion trails Teleology’s takeover of 9mobile
- APC Legal Adviser battles Oshiomhole
- 2 houses burnt, 3 killed as birthday turns bloody
- Monkey kills 12-day-old baby after snatching him from mum
- 5 APC members dies in kwara ghastly motor accident