Victor Moses, one of the most talked about Super Eagles player, has retired from international duties.
The Chelsea star made the announcement on his Instagram page where he had built a huge fan-base. The footballer’s announcement has left his many fans stunned.
According to Moses, he feels this is the time to “step away in order to be able to focus fully on club career and my young family.”
He wrote: “I would like to announce that after much thought I have made the decision to retire from playing international football.
“I have experienced some of the best moments of my life wearing the Super Eagles shirt and have memories with me that will last a lifetime. Nothing will ever compete to what it felt like to represent Nigeria on behalf of our country.
“However I feel that now is the right time to step away in order to be able to focus fully on club career and my young family as well as to allow the next generation of Super Eagles stars the opportunity to step up and to flourish. We are blessed as a nation to have so many exciting young players coming through and now is their time.
“There are so many highlights that stand out for me over the years; from making my debut, to playing in two World Cups and being a part of the team to win the African Nations Cup for first time for our nation since 1994 being just a few of them.
“I have already spoken to the manager by telephone and would like to say thank you to him and his staff, the NFF and all of my teammates for all of their support over the years. Most importantly I would like to say thank you to the Nigerian people for believing in me and supporting me over the years. It’s meant the world to me and my family and I will always be a proud Nigerian supporting the team.
“Thank you for the memories and good luck to the team for the future”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- China's Richest Man, Jack Ma Dumps His $420bn Company, Alibaba To Become A Teacher
- Service Chiefs Left Buhari's Next Level After Realising It Was A Political Meeting
- APC Threatens To Expel Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Abe, Shittu
- How Obanikoro moved N1.2Billion for Fayose in three aircraft – Witness
- Reactions Trailing Buhari & Atiku's 2019 Promises
- Four Persons Killed As Armed Robbers Storm Bank In Ekiti
- Gbajabiamila Tells Yorubas To Reject Atiku’s SGF Offer
- Woman's Hand Chopped Off By Her Brother-in-law
- Soyinka, Others Insist On Restructuring
- Touching Story: "I Was Struck By Lightning, Lost My Dad, Had An Accident All In One Day"
- Shock As Gunmen Kidnap Female Lecturer In Broad Daylight
- Little Boy Gets A Mercedes After Doing 4,105 Press-Ups
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Remove the Immunity Clause from our constitution – Ude
- Expert task Nigerian students on self reliance
- 2019: Oshiomhole hints at what Kwara people will do to Saraki
- Dalung hails Super Eagles ‘s 2019 AFCON qualification
- Lack of friendlies make us loss to SA—Super Falcons Coach
- Eagles, Cranes set Asaba aglow in glamour friendly
- Ghana 2018: Dennerby confident Falcons will bounce back
- Pinnick dedicates AFA Award to NFF Exco, Sponsors
- This common leaf cures infertility, prostate cancer
- Atiku promises to boost oil sector investment, stop fuel subsidies
- Airtel unveil mobile security for subscribers
- NYSC denies increase in corps monthly allowance
- Subscriber slams N250m suit on MTN
- CBN still ruthlessly efficient at reining in money in circulation
- Nigeria spends N488bn to subsidise fuel consumption in 8 months
- Tinubu absent as Buhari, APC launch 2019 campaign
- Saraki’s N400m 30-state funding of APC in 2015: SERAP demands INEC to probe campaign spending
- Minimum wage: Buhari meets with governors
- Dubai Building A Rotating Skyscraper... Here Are Details
- Lady Battered, Escapes From Man Who Tried To R*pe Her
- NLC, NANS rally for ASUU in Abuja
- Court remands randy Professor in prison
- Confusion trails Teleology’s takeover of 9mobile
- APC Legal Adviser battles Oshiomhole
- 2 houses burnt, 3 killed as birthday turns bloody
- Monkey kills 12-day-old baby after snatching him from mum
- 5 APC members dies in kwara ghastly motor accident