– Mourinho has reportedly asked Darmian and Rojo not to quit the club this summer
– The two have been widely linked with a move away from Old Trafford
– Mourinho wants the defenders to stay at the club until January
Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho, has reportedly urged defending duo of Matteo Darmian and Marcos Rojo not to quit the Old Trafford outfit.
According to report by Metro UK, the Portuguese tactician wants the two star defenders to remain at the club until at least January.
The two have been widely linked with a move away from United before the European transfer window closes at the end of the month.
Rojo was tipped to join Premier League rivals Everton earlier in the month, but the deal did not go through.
However, Turkish side, Fernabahce is said to be pursuing the signature of the 28-year old Argentinian star in a stunning season-long loan deal.
Rojo was impressive for his nation during the 2018 World Cup in Russia and helped Argentina reach the round of 16 where they were bundled out of the competition by eventual tournament winners, France.
Meanwhile, Darmian emerged as a top transfer target for Italian clubs, with the defender sensationally admitting he could quit the Red Devils this summer.
The 28-year old was handed a start in United’s Premier League opener against Leicester City where the Red Devils defeated the former champions 2-1.
Paul Pogba and Luke Shaw scored a goal apiece to help United claim the vital victory as Jamie Vardy netted Leicester’s consolation.
Earlier, NAIJ.com had reported how Manchester United on Friday night, August 10, started their campaign in the 2018/19 Premier League season on a winning note beating former EPL champions Leicester City 2-1.
Frenchman Paul Pogba and Luke Shaw scored the two goals for the Red Devils while Englishman Jamie Vardy scored Leicester City’s only goal at Old Trafford.
Football Transfers That Shocked The World | Naij.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- China's Richest Man, Jack Ma Dumps His $420bn Company, Alibaba To Become A Teacher
- Service Chiefs Left Buhari's Next Level After Realising It Was A Political Meeting
- APC Threatens To Expel Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Abe, Shittu
- How Obanikoro moved N1.2Billion for Fayose in three aircraft – Witness
- Reactions Trailing Buhari & Atiku's 2019 Promises
- Four Persons Killed As Armed Robbers Storm Bank In Ekiti
- Gbajabiamila Tells Yorubas To Reject Atiku’s SGF Offer
- Woman's Hand Chopped Off By Her Brother-in-law
- Soyinka, Others Insist On Restructuring
- Touching Story: "I Was Struck By Lightning, Lost My Dad, Had An Accident All In One Day"
- Shock As Gunmen Kidnap Female Lecturer In Broad Daylight
- Little Boy Gets A Mercedes After Doing 4,105 Press-Ups
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Remove the Immunity Clause from our constitution – Ude
- Expert task Nigerian students on self reliance
- 2019: Oshiomhole hints at what Kwara people will do to Saraki
- Dalung hails Super Eagles ‘s 2019 AFCON qualification
- Lack of friendlies make us loss to SA—Super Falcons Coach
- Eagles, Cranes set Asaba aglow in glamour friendly
- Ghana 2018: Dennerby confident Falcons will bounce back
- Pinnick dedicates AFA Award to NFF Exco, Sponsors
- This common leaf cures infertility, prostate cancer
- Atiku promises to boost oil sector investment, stop fuel subsidies
- Airtel unveil mobile security for subscribers
- NYSC denies increase in corps monthly allowance
- Subscriber slams N250m suit on MTN
- CBN still ruthlessly efficient at reining in money in circulation
- Nigeria spends N488bn to subsidise fuel consumption in 8 months
- Tinubu absent as Buhari, APC launch 2019 campaign
- Saraki’s N400m 30-state funding of APC in 2015: SERAP demands INEC to probe campaign spending
- Minimum wage: Buhari meets with governors
- Dubai Building A Rotating Skyscraper... Here Are Details
- Lady Battered, Escapes From Man Who Tried To R*pe Her
- NLC, NANS rally for ASUU in Abuja
- Court remands randy Professor in prison
- Confusion trails Teleology’s takeover of 9mobile
- APC Legal Adviser battles Oshiomhole
- 2 houses burnt, 3 killed as birthday turns bloody
- Monkey kills 12-day-old baby after snatching him from mum
- 5 APC members dies in kwara ghastly motor accident