– Chima was found dead by neighbours after he was not seen for several hours on Saturday, August 11
– His body was found lying on his bed in his room and police say there was no immediate sign of violence
– Chima’s body has been deposited in the mortuary as police continue investigation into the incident
Randie Chima, an aide to Anmabra state governor Willie Obiano, has been found dead in his room in the state capital Awka.
Punch reports that the late Senior Special Assistant to Governor Obiano was discovered dead in his own room on the Nwakpodulu Avenue after being last seen on Friday, August 10 evening “hale and hearty.”
The report quoted an unnamed source as saying: “I’m surprised to hear this story. That Randie is dead? We were together on Friday. He was hale and hearty. A good man is gone. Randie exercised almost regularly at Ekwueme Square.”
According to reports, Chima’s door was forced open after his neighbours did not see him throughout Saturday, August 11. His body was found lying on the bed when they gained entry.
Police spokesperson in the state Haruna Mohammed, confirmed the story on Sunday but said initial investigation showed no foul play. Late Chima’s body has been deposited in the mortuary while investigations continue into circumstances surrounding his death.
He said: ”There was a report at B Division, Awka, that one Randie Chima, aged 57 years, of Nwakpodulu Avenue and SSA to Anambra State Governor on Audio Visual Productions, slept the previous night and did not open his door the next day.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
“When the door was eventually forced opened after several knocks by his neighbours, his body was found lying on the bed.
“Following the report, Police detectives attached to B Division Awka led by the DCO visited the scene, photographed the victim and rushed him to Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Teaching Hospital,Awka where he was certified dead by a medical doctor.
”No marks of violence and no foul play suspected at the moment.”
The state government has yet to react to the incident as time of this report.
In a separate event, NAIJ.com reported recently that the Ozubulu community in Ekwusigo local government area of Anambra finally held a memorial mass in honour of 13 slain worshippers at St Philips Catholic Church, Ozubulu, on Monday, August 6.
Peter Uzokwe, the president-general of Ozubulu Development Union (ODU), announced the detail in an interview in Ozubulu on Sunday, August 5.
Recall that the deceased persons were shot by some assailants, who invaded the church on August 6, 2017 during an early morning mass.
Do churches need armed security guards? – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NRA promotion exam holds
- Ronaldo doesn’t guarantee Juventus the title, warns Allegri
- Kofi Anan dies in Switzerland
- NAFRC commandant pulled out from service
- Osun: Parties left out of ballot paper, INEC explains
- Nigeria loses N126.2Bn on abandoned FG properties in Lagos – Unilag Don
- Relatives protest as rescue efforts end at collapsed Abuja building
- Saraki, Ahmed under fire as EFCC tightens noose
- Your ambition a pipe dream, BMO tells Tambuwal
- Why 2019 elections may be delayed
- Story Of Woman & Her Two Daughters Impregnated By One Man
- See The Plane Biafra Leader Ojukwu Used In Fleeing From Nigeria During Civil War (Photos)
- Don't Expose Your Marriage to Your Mother if She Doesn't Respect The Word of God
- Lagos Big Boy, Mark Osigwe, Shot Dead By Assassins (Photos)
- We’ll Humiliate Saraki Out Of Office - APC Senator | He Replies
- Woman Shot Dead By NDLEA During Raid In Lagos
- EFCC Goes After Saraki, Gov. Ahmed Over N7Billion Bond
- APC Already Looking For A New Senate President?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Get Your Glow Back After Having A Baby
- Housemaid Kills Her Madam By Smashing Her Head With Stone
- Saraki Arrives Akwa Ibom In Style, Received By Crowd (Photos)
- Businessman Killed By Cultists 'On Revenge Mission' In Delta
- Saraki’s 2019 Presidential Ambition Alters Calculations In PDP
- Two Dead, 20 Trapped As Building Collapsed In Abuja
- 2019: The Big Battle For PDP Presidential Ticket Hots Up
- Demolition of my N800m music house political –Yinka Ayefele
- Nigeria’s democracy under threat, says Moghalu
- CBN floods economy with lower Naira denominations
- Saraki declares for 2019
- Israeli PM in corruption scandal
- Lagos State Govt denies privatising water supply
- Sales of pre-registered SIM cards boom despite fines
- I promise better welfare ahead of NWPL resumption –Hon. Odunlade
- Falconets eliminated from World Cup
- FIFA rejects Dalung’s ministerial visit offer
- Dollar depreciates against Naira at parallel market
- INEC Releases 2019 General Elections Notice In Lagos
- I'm An Experienced Job Creator - Atiku
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution