– Chima was found dead by neighbours after he was not seen for several hours on Saturday, August 11
– His body was found lying on his bed in his room and police say there was no immediate sign of violence
– Chima’s body has been deposited in the mortuary as police continue investigation into the incident
Randie Chima, an aide to Anmabra state governor Willie Obiano, has been found dead in his room in the state capital Awka.
Punch reports that the late Senior Special Assistant to Governor Obiano was discovered dead in his own room on the Nwakpodulu Avenue after being last seen on Friday, August 10 evening “hale and hearty.”
The report quoted an unnamed source as saying: “I’m surprised to hear this story. That Randie is dead? We were together on Friday. He was hale and hearty. A good man is gone. Randie exercised almost regularly at Ekwueme Square.”
According to reports, Chima’s door was forced open after his neighbours did not see him throughout Saturday, August 11. His body was found lying on the bed when they gained entry.
Police spokesperson in the state Haruna Mohammed, confirmed the story on Sunday but said initial investigation showed no foul play. Late Chima’s body has been deposited in the mortuary while investigations continue into circumstances surrounding his death.
He said: ”There was a report at B Division, Awka, that one Randie Chima, aged 57 years, of Nwakpodulu Avenue and SSA to Anambra State Governor on Audio Visual Productions, slept the previous night and did not open his door the next day.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
“When the door was eventually forced opened after several knocks by his neighbours, his body was found lying on the bed.
“Following the report, Police detectives attached to B Division Awka led by the DCO visited the scene, photographed the victim and rushed him to Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Teaching Hospital,Awka where he was certified dead by a medical doctor.
”No marks of violence and no foul play suspected at the moment.”
The state government has yet to react to the incident as time of this report.
In a separate event, NAIJ.com reported recently that the Ozubulu community in Ekwusigo local government area of Anambra finally held a memorial mass in honour of 13 slain worshippers at St Philips Catholic Church, Ozubulu, on Monday, August 6.
Peter Uzokwe, the president-general of Ozubulu Development Union (ODU), announced the detail in an interview in Ozubulu on Sunday, August 5.
Recall that the deceased persons were shot by some assailants, who invaded the church on August 6, 2017 during an early morning mass.
Do churches need armed security guards? – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari is history – Agbakoba
- CCGG calls out FG over Leah sharibu abduction
- Buhari losing war against Boko Haram
- Atiku’s choice of VP: Peter Obi as a motivational metaphor
- Fake Mad Man Busted After He Received Alert Of N1.5Million
- Juventus considers new Mandzukvic deal
- FIFA 19: Usain bolt likely to be included in winter update
- Luis Enrique: There is no similarities between Spain, Barcelona
- Lukaku hints at future Serie A switch
- Pep: Messi, Ronaldo are phenomena
- Roberto Martinez: Hazard can lead any team
- Man Utd to make De gea the highest paid player in the team
- Morata: Money, fame can be a problem
- Joshua kimmich: Bad luck isn’t a coincidence in Germany’s failures
- National industrial court dismisses suit filed over Marilyn Ogar retirement
- Mother of Hauwa Liman: I Can't Believe My Daughter Is Dead
- APC Reacts To Governor Ganduje's $5m Bribe-taking Videos
- Fayose's Interrogation By Senior EFCC Officers Begins
- LAUTECH Students Protest, Shut Down School Over Fee Hike
- Presidency Reacts To Video Of Gov Ganduje 'Receiving' Bribe
- Nigeria Amputee Football Team In Ghastly Car Crash En-route Abuja For Visa (Photos)
- Speaker Dogara Declares Two Reps' Seats Vacant
- Tenure expiration: Fayose’s whereabouts remains unknown
- Nigeria’s inflation on the rise again
- CBN set to revamp banking regulations
- Young Nigerian Man Married To Elderly White Woman Dies Of Massive Heart Attack (Photo)
- Mama Rainbow Celebrates 76th Birthday With Lovely Photos
- Kayode Fayemi Sworn-in As New Governor Of Ekiti State
- Fayose Arrives EFCC Office In Style (Photo)
- Saudi Arabia to admit missing journalist was killed
- Evil Staff Kidnaps & Kills Boss Who Sacked Him For Stealing
- Atiku Reacts To Killing Of Hauwa Liman By Boko Haram
- Rich Nigerian Man & Friends Die In Fatal Accident At Night
- Beautiful Lady Working As A Mechanic Melts Hearts Online
- Presidency orders EFCC to detain Fayose indefinitely, says PDP
- Businessmen Arrested For 'Stealing' Spare Parts In Lagos
- Obasanjo Commended For Openly Endorsing Atiku
- 72 Afe Babalola Uni Students Graduate With First Class
- Atiku Appoints Saraki, Fayose, Wike To Head 2019 Campaign
- SP shoots dead ex-finance minister’s daughter; family suspects something else