– Women aspiring for elective positions in Ebonyi state have been promised free nomination forms
– The party says it is for the purpose of encouraging more women politicians to get involved in elective political activities
– APC chairman in the state, Chief Eze Nwachukwu, says women have more numerical strength and vote more than men during elections
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ebonyi has said women aspirants in the 2019 general elections will receive the party’s nomination forms free.
NAN reports that the APC chairman in the state, Chief Eze Nwachukwu, announced this when he declared open the APC Ebonyi women stakeholders meeting in Abakaliki on Sunday, August 12.
NAIJ.com gathers that he noted that the initiative was to encourage more women politicians to get involved in elective political activities.
Nwachukwu urged them to support the emergence of more elected women office holders, and advised those interested to avail themselves of the opportunity to participate.
He commended the women and organisers of the meeting and urged them to make the women’s gathering more regular.
Nwachukwu said: “We are promising that our great party will give out free nomination forms to women aspirants in the forthcoming 2019 general elections in Ebonyi and this is in line with our party’s policy.
“The gesture is to demonstrate that our great party is gender sensitive and also intended to encourage more qualified women to participate actively in elective political positions.
“Women were given free nominations during our congresses and we are going to demonstrate a similar gesture in the election because women have more numerical strength and vote more than men during elections.”
He admonished women to resist all forms of intimidation, monetary inducements and harassment from desperate politicians.
Nwachukwu urged them to collect their Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) and to ensure that they did not sell or exchange them for any price.
The chairman also appealed to the women to guide their children and ensure that they were not used for political thuggery and election violence during the 2019 general elections in the state.
He added: “You must not sell your voter cards because your PVC is your power and legal mandate to make the change we all need.
“Those who are yet to register should go and register, while all who registered but have not obtained the voter cards should go to the INEC local government area offices to collect them.”
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that two chieftains of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ebonyi state applauded the declaration of President Muhammadu Buhari to run for second term, saying that the decision would benefit all Nigerians.
The chieftains noted that the outstanding performance of the president qualified him to run for re-election to consolidate on the achievements recorded in his first term.
President Buhari on 2019 Presidential Election: Will You Vote For Him? | on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Illicit bank charges: senate takes action
- Ekiti: Fayemi abolishes levy, declares free education
- Rohr speaks on Super Eagles performance
- ” I will blame Rohr for Uzoho’s blunders”
- ‘ Even Messi would struggle at Man Utd ‘
- Ghana 2018: Dennerby invites Oshoala, Oparanozie, Nnadozie, 45 others to camp
- Mama Taraba busts APC office, recovers all she bought for party
- Atiku: The Opposition Candidate Gaining Momentum In Nigeria 2019 Election Race
- Group faults Atiku, Buhari emergence
- CR7 ,Zidane exits stun Real Madrid star Modric
- Vincent Kompany’s father becomes Belgium’s first black mayor
- Lawan, Akpabio, others in stir bedlam in Senate
- Atiku: 40% Of My Cabinet Will Be Women and Youths
- New Ekiti State Governor Fayemi Declares Free Education
- Pre-wedding Photos Of A Nigerian Couple Who Love Football
- Student centered learning- not focusing on tests
- Italy in the maelstrom of the euro
- Canada legalises Marijuana
- IITA floats five-year plan to raise Nigeria’s cocoa productivity
- House of Rep downsizes Ministerial Cabinet
- NPA has no hand in delay of cargo clearance, says NPA boss
- Nigerian Army to battle cyber-attack-Chief of Army Staff
- Saraki & Akpabio Clash: Senate In Rowdy Session
- Fayose Dares EFCC: If You Have Any Case Let's Go To Court
- Only 8 Parties Have Submitted Lists of Candidates, says INEC
- Single Men and Ladies Already Registering For Olu Famous Rescue-Mission (OFR)
- Long wait for business as TSTV dealers demands for refunds
- Fuel subsidy: Senate launches fresh investigation
- N4.7bn fraud: Fayose has a case to answer, says EFCC
- Nigerian Actor Blossom's Wife Suffers Serious Burns After She Poured Hot Water On Her Body (Photos)
- Throwback Photo Of Patience Ozokwor As A Teenage Girl
- Lagos Landlord Arrested For Defiling Tenant's 5 Sons (Photo)
- Bus Recovered After Plunging Into River; Passengers Missing, Some Rescued Unconscious
- Why We Complained About Peter Obi As Atiku's Vice President
- Jobless Man Nabbed For Allegedly Killing Brother Over Mother's Property
- Nude Bath Video of Osun Lawmaker: Update From The Court
- Woman Steals Her Family Friend's Children... she's on the run
- We won’t accept less than N30,000 minimum wage - Labour
- Politician Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg
- APC & Police Colluding To Scuttle My Election Petition – Senator Adeleke