– Women aspiring for elective positions in Ebonyi state have been promised free nomination forms
– The party says it is for the purpose of encouraging more women politicians to get involved in elective political activities
– APC chairman in the state, Chief Eze Nwachukwu, says women have more numerical strength and vote more than men during elections
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ebonyi has said women aspirants in the 2019 general elections will receive the party’s nomination forms free.
NAN reports that the APC chairman in the state, Chief Eze Nwachukwu, announced this when he declared open the APC Ebonyi women stakeholders meeting in Abakaliki on Sunday, August 12.
NAIJ.com gathers that he noted that the initiative was to encourage more women politicians to get involved in elective political activities.
Nwachukwu urged them to support the emergence of more elected women office holders, and advised those interested to avail themselves of the opportunity to participate.
He commended the women and organisers of the meeting and urged them to make the women’s gathering more regular.
Nwachukwu said: “We are promising that our great party will give out free nomination forms to women aspirants in the forthcoming 2019 general elections in Ebonyi and this is in line with our party’s policy.
“The gesture is to demonstrate that our great party is gender sensitive and also intended to encourage more qualified women to participate actively in elective political positions.
“Women were given free nominations during our congresses and we are going to demonstrate a similar gesture in the election because women have more numerical strength and vote more than men during elections.”
He admonished women to resist all forms of intimidation, monetary inducements and harassment from desperate politicians.
Nwachukwu urged them to collect their Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) and to ensure that they did not sell or exchange them for any price.
The chairman also appealed to the women to guide their children and ensure that they were not used for political thuggery and election violence during the 2019 general elections in the state.
He added: “You must not sell your voter cards because your PVC is your power and legal mandate to make the change we all need.
“Those who are yet to register should go and register, while all who registered but have not obtained the voter cards should go to the INEC local government area offices to collect them.”
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that two chieftains of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ebonyi state applauded the declaration of President Muhammadu Buhari to run for second term, saying that the decision would benefit all Nigerians.
The chieftains noted that the outstanding performance of the president qualified him to run for re-election to consolidate on the achievements recorded in his first term.
President Buhari on 2019 Presidential Election: Will You Vote For Him? | on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Saraki attends launch of Trump’s Africa Strategy in US
- Flying Eagles turn back Ghana, reach WAFU Cup semi finals
- Who owns Nigeria football? The investor or the promoter? —Wale Ajayi
- Barewa to face Cowrie at Rugby President Cup final
- Arowolo quits 3SC for politics
- NRA ultimate goal is for Nigeria Referees to officiate at World Cup–Azeez
- Uche Okagbue becomes head coach of FC Ifeanyi Ubah
- Buhari wants teachers’ retirement age raised
- Brilliant Female Graduates Break 21-Year Record At Obafemi Awolowo University
- Donald Duke's Running Mate, Junaid Mohammed Quits
- Mother & 15yrs Old Daughter Sleeping With Ex-Commissioner... he has been arrested over the girl's pregnancies, abortions
- Dunamis Church Donates Relief Materials To IDPs
- PDP alleges plans by FG to cripple PDP-controlled states
- Senate Confirms Keyamo, other nominees for NDIC Board
- Environment Minister, Ibrahim Jubril Resigns
- Kogi legislator loses seat for defecting to PDP
- Ambode is my Politician of the Year – Shettima
- More troubles for Trump as court jails associate for fraud
- NB Plc to apologise over misleading information on product
- Husband, Wife, Mother-in-law Arraigned For Stealing N2.4m
- Ex-SGF Babachir In Aso Rock, 13 Months After Sack
- Beautiful Pre-wedding Photos Of A Sailor & His Fiancée
- 24 Yahoo Boys Busted By EFCC Arraigned In Court (Photos)
- Aisha Buhari Hosts Nigerian Entertainers In Aso Rock (Photos)
- Shock As Woman Is Caught Trying To Behead Her Daughter In Delta (Photos)
- Driver Who Absconded With Boss' Vehicle Busted
- First Gold Refinery In Nigeria Coming Up
- Polytechnic Lecturers Begin Indefinite Strike
- See Ammunitions Soldiers Recover From Gunrunners
- FIRS Generates N5trn So Far In 2018, Sets Take Break Record
- Woman Cries After Man Brings Police To Take Over Her Father's House A Week After His Death
- You Were Handpicked To Contest - Jimi Agbaje tells Sanwo-Olu
- My Wife Died During A Fight In My Dream, says man seeking for divorce in Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- APC Will Pay Dearly For Stopping Me - Minister Adebayo Shittu
- Fresh Graduate Waiting for NYSC Stabbed to Death by Girlfriend
- APC Won't Have Candidates In Rivers; Appeal Court Confirms
- 'I Thought Breast Cancer Is For Only Rich People Until It Hit Me'
- APC, PDP Reps Clash over Buhari's Refusal to Sign Electoral Bill
- Good Man Tortured By Police For Trying To Free Extortion Victim In Lagos