– Women aspiring for elective positions in Ebonyi state have been promised free nomination forms
– The party says it is for the purpose of encouraging more women politicians to get involved in elective political activities
– APC chairman in the state, Chief Eze Nwachukwu, says women have more numerical strength and vote more than men during elections
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ebonyi has said women aspirants in the 2019 general elections will receive the party’s nomination forms free.
NAN reports that the APC chairman in the state, Chief Eze Nwachukwu, announced this when he declared open the APC Ebonyi women stakeholders meeting in Abakaliki on Sunday, August 12.
NAIJ.com gathers that he noted that the initiative was to encourage more women politicians to get involved in elective political activities.
Nwachukwu urged them to support the emergence of more elected women office holders, and advised those interested to avail themselves of the opportunity to participate.
He commended the women and organisers of the meeting and urged them to make the women’s gathering more regular.
Nwachukwu said: “We are promising that our great party will give out free nomination forms to women aspirants in the forthcoming 2019 general elections in Ebonyi and this is in line with our party’s policy.
“The gesture is to demonstrate that our great party is gender sensitive and also intended to encourage more qualified women to participate actively in elective political positions.
“Women were given free nominations during our congresses and we are going to demonstrate a similar gesture in the election because women have more numerical strength and vote more than men during elections.”
He admonished women to resist all forms of intimidation, monetary inducements and harassment from desperate politicians.
Nwachukwu urged them to collect their Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) and to ensure that they did not sell or exchange them for any price.
The chairman also appealed to the women to guide their children and ensure that they were not used for political thuggery and election violence during the 2019 general elections in the state.
He added: “You must not sell your voter cards because your PVC is your power and legal mandate to make the change we all need.
“Those who are yet to register should go and register, while all who registered but have not obtained the voter cards should go to the INEC local government area offices to collect them.”
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that two chieftains of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ebonyi state applauded the declaration of President Muhammadu Buhari to run for second term, saying that the decision would benefit all Nigerians.
The chieftains noted that the outstanding performance of the president qualified him to run for re-election to consolidate on the achievements recorded in his first term.
President Buhari on 2019 Presidential Election: Will You Vote For Him? | on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Lady Makes Shocking Revelations: My abductors butchered people for rituals
- Many Sleeping At INEC Office In Lagos Just To Get PVC
- Ayefele fans, workers protest planned demolition of radio station
- Faces Of Suspected Homos*xuals Arrested In Hotel Room
- Deadlock In National Assembly Over N189bn Budget For INEC
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Best Destinations For Your First International Trip
- Woman Lies In The Middle Of The Road To Protest Non-Payment Of 13 Months Salary
- Bank Staff Arrested For Fraud On His Wedding Day In Lagos
- Married Woman Committing Adultery Dies After S*x
- Yinka Ayefele Sues Oyo Government Over Building Demolition
- Akpabio Runs To Court, Stops Saraki From Declaring Seat Vacant
- Little Man Rocks NYSC Kit In Style
- New Minimum Wage: We Weren't Elected Just To Pay Salaries - Governors
- Protest At Police Headquarters Abuja Over Detention of Premium Times Journalist
- Soldiers Kill Notorious Bandit, Sani Danbuzuwa During Shoot Out
- Security vote: Governors challenge Buhari, EFCC
- Here is how much FG recovered from whistle blowers
- Philipp Lahm heads Germany bid to host Euro 2024 tournament
- Omeruo signs one year loan deal
- Ogu trains in Cyprus ahead of make-or-break match
- FCT FA Commences U-13 Football Talent Hunt
- Club Brugge turns down Osimhen after trials
- Abia Warriors crush Manga FA 4-0
- France 2018: Falconets ready to battle for semi final ticket
- 120 students participate In 3rd edition Nimrod North West Holiday Volleyball Clinic
- Female Student Wounds Friend For Advise Her To Quit Smoking
- WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
- Lawmakers defect in Ogun
- 2019: Al-Mustapha formally shows interest in presidential race
- LCCI tackles FIRS over new tax provision
- 2019: Buhari grooming Kingibe to succeed him (?)
- APC reiterates commitment to corruption fight
- CACOL urges EFCC to probe BOI over unethical practices
- 78yrs Old Woman Weeps As She's Left Stranded At Lagos Airport
- StarTimes woos customers, reduces subscription
- Clark declares support for Saraki
- Nobody can remove Saraki – Prophet
- Amidst certificate forgery scam, Buhari offers Minister Adeosun additional appointment
- Lagos lawmaker advocates encouragement for female soccer