– A female lawmaker, Boma Goodhead, has given reasons for challenging masked operatives of the Department of State Services on Tuesday, August 7
– Goodhead, who challenged the operatives when they blocked the National Assembly, says she thought the masked men were snipers
A Peoples Democratic Party lawmaker, Boma Goodhead, who challenged operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) that barricaded the National Assembly on Tuesday, August 7, has said she challenged the operatives because she thought they were snipers.
Goodhead, a member of the House of Representatives representing Akulga/Asalga constituency in Rivers state, made this disclosure in an interview with Punch.
NAIJ.com gathers that the lawmaker said that the action of the security operatives was undemocratic.
She said: “When I saw what was going on yesterday (Tuesday, August 7), I just felt that it was very, very undemocratic and provocative.
“The reason being that you can’t come into somebody’s house or office and say you will not allow the person to enter his house or where he or she works, especially when I saw them, wearing masks.
“Most times when people go with masks, it’s either they are snipers or they are people who are just there for a purpose and would not want their identities to be known. That suspicion was what made me to react the way I did. So, this was a reaction of the anger within. I say enough is enough because we can’t continue in this manner.”
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that a female member of the House of Representatives from Rivers state, Boma Goodhead, dared DSS operatives at the National Assembly to shoot her.
Angered by the blockade of the National Assembly on Tuesday, August 7, by DSS operatives, Goodhead said the siege was against the tenets of democracy.
Nigeria Latest News How Masked DSS Gunmen Stormed the National Assembly (The True Story) on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Lady Makes Shocking Revelations: My abductors butchered people for rituals
- Many Sleeping At INEC Office In Lagos Just To Get PVC
- Ayefele fans, workers protest planned demolition of radio station
- Faces Of Suspected Homos*xuals Arrested In Hotel Room
- Deadlock In National Assembly Over N189bn Budget For INEC
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Best Destinations For Your First International Trip
- Woman Lies In The Middle Of The Road To Protest Non-Payment Of 13 Months Salary
- Bank Staff Arrested For Fraud On His Wedding Day In Lagos
- Married Woman Committing Adultery Dies After S*x
- Yinka Ayefele Sues Oyo Government Over Building Demolition
- Akpabio Runs To Court, Stops Saraki From Declaring Seat Vacant
- Little Man Rocks NYSC Kit In Style
- New Minimum Wage: We Weren't Elected Just To Pay Salaries - Governors
- Protest At Police Headquarters Abuja Over Detention of Premium Times Journalist
- Soldiers Kill Notorious Bandit, Sani Danbuzuwa During Shoot Out
- Security vote: Governors challenge Buhari, EFCC
- Here is how much FG recovered from whistle blowers
- Philipp Lahm heads Germany bid to host Euro 2024 tournament
- Omeruo signs one year loan deal
- Ogu trains in Cyprus ahead of make-or-break match
- FCT FA Commences U-13 Football Talent Hunt
- Club Brugge turns down Osimhen after trials
- Abia Warriors crush Manga FA 4-0
- France 2018: Falconets ready to battle for semi final ticket
- 120 students participate In 3rd edition Nimrod North West Holiday Volleyball Clinic
- Female Student Wounds Friend For Advise Her To Quit Smoking
- WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
- Lawmakers defect in Ogun
- 2019: Al-Mustapha formally shows interest in presidential race
- LCCI tackles FIRS over new tax provision
- 2019: Buhari grooming Kingibe to succeed him (?)
- APC reiterates commitment to corruption fight
- CACOL urges EFCC to probe BOI over unethical practices
- 78yrs Old Woman Weeps As She's Left Stranded At Lagos Airport
- StarTimes woos customers, reduces subscription
- Clark declares support for Saraki
- Nobody can remove Saraki – Prophet
- Amidst certificate forgery scam, Buhari offers Minister Adeosun additional appointment
- Lagos lawmaker advocates encouragement for female soccer