– A female lawmaker, Boma Goodhead, has given reasons for challenging masked operatives of the Department of State Services on Tuesday, August 7
– Goodhead, who challenged the operatives when they blocked the National Assembly, says she thought the masked men were snipers
A Peoples Democratic Party lawmaker, Boma Goodhead, who challenged operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) that barricaded the National Assembly on Tuesday, August 7, has said she challenged the operatives because she thought they were snipers.
Goodhead, a member of the House of Representatives representing Akulga/Asalga constituency in Rivers state, made this disclosure in an interview with Punch.
NAIJ.com gathers that the lawmaker said that the action of the security operatives was undemocratic.
She said: “When I saw what was going on yesterday (Tuesday, August 7), I just felt that it was very, very undemocratic and provocative.
“The reason being that you can’t come into somebody’s house or office and say you will not allow the person to enter his house or where he or she works, especially when I saw them, wearing masks.
“Most times when people go with masks, it’s either they are snipers or they are people who are just there for a purpose and would not want their identities to be known. That suspicion was what made me to react the way I did. So, this was a reaction of the anger within. I say enough is enough because we can’t continue in this manner.”
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that a female member of the House of Representatives from Rivers state, Boma Goodhead, dared DSS operatives at the National Assembly to shoot her.
Angered by the blockade of the National Assembly on Tuesday, August 7, by DSS operatives, Goodhead said the siege was against the tenets of democracy.
Nigeria Latest News How Masked DSS Gunmen Stormed the National Assembly (The True Story) on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Governor Ganduje In Trouble As Kano Assembly Begins Action
- First Photos of Ooni Of Ife With His Beautiful Bride in His Palace
- Fayose's Lawyer Reveals What He's Doing To Get Him Out
- Buhari Hosts Kannywood Actors In Aso Rock (Photos)
- PHOTOS: Nnamdi Kanu Spotted In Jerusalem
- APC Defies INEC, Submits Candidates For Zamfara
- Dangerous drug for diabetes, cancer in circulation, says NIA
- Oni of Ife sets for another marriage
- 2019: PDP agenda for Saraki forwarded to INEC
- Presidential race 2019: Re-structuring a condition for supporting any candidate – Aare Ganiyu Adams
- Lagos Assembly scraps Visionscape
- Etebo seals image rights deal with Myron Topclass Sport Outfits
- Police arrest fake lawyer for false information
- NFF President,Governor Bako Lalong to receive football awards in South Africa
- PDP Members Protest Over Osun Election Tribunal
- Fraud: NHIS boss reinstated by Buhari suspended indefinitely
- Sacked Policeman & His Gang Arrested Over Woman’s Murder
- Nigerian Students Made Generator Running On Water (Photos)
- Brilliant Student Going Home After Final Exams Dies In Crash
- Ooni Of Ife Unveils His New Beautiful Queen (Photos)
- Polaris Bank battles for survival
- Zenith Bank gross earnings drop
- LCCI lauds Dangote over oil refinery project, others
- Did EFCC Chairman Say Nothing Will Happen If Fayose Die?
- NYSC Member Dies Just A Day Before Passing Out
- Ambode Challenged By Lagos Assembly, As House Orders PSP To Resume Work
- Popular notorious cultist Small Jpron killed in Lagos over Cash from Top Politician
- Buhari's Plan To Win In 2019... How Atiku Will Defeat Him
- PDP Submits Saraki’s Name To INEC As Senatorial Candidate
- Fashola Repents? Electricity issues can’t be solved by magic
- Armed Robber Storms Lagos Church... Caught and Disarmed
- New Minimum Wage: "We Can't Pay" - Governors
- Father Reports His 'Yahoo' Son to EFCC after He Bought House Worth Millions (Photo)
- Checkout Out New Made-in-Nigeria Keke
- Faces Of Kidnappers Who Ran To Lagos To Share Money After Abducting Woman
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How A Boy Almost Got Killed By His Cake At His Birthday Party
- NLO will use Division 3 Playoff to correct past errors – Ogunnowo
- NBBF to refresh referees
- What Ighalo decided before Libya match