By Alemma-Ozioruva Aliu
BENIN CITY – A former member of the House of Representatives for Ovia Federal Constituency in Edo State, Isaac Osahon, yesterday denied reports in national dallies that he was among members of the Kwakwansia and the of R-APC that defected from the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Addressing journalists in Benin City, Osahon said his grievances with the party has not degenerated to the level of defecting from the party, insisting that “I am not a member of R-APC, I am a member of APC, I am still a member of APC. I am also not a member of the Kwakwanso group that described themselves as Kwakwansians, and I have not dumped my party. As I speak, I am still a member.
“It is true that I am aggrieved because of certain happenings in APC and I bared my mind. I told members of my party and the leadership that I am not happy about certain things and they are already looking into it. I have met with the secretary of the party and some others who belong to the leadership group and I have made my mind known to them, they have set machinery in motion to ensure that this matter is resolved.”
In a related development, Governor Godwin Obaseki has denied being responsible for the defection of Kwakwansia members in the state who said they were leaving the party because of his style of leadership.
A statement by his Special Adviser, Media and Communication Strategy, Crusoe Osagie said “The focus of Governor Obaseki is governance and getting the dividend of democracy to the ordinary Edo people. While he holds every member of the political party in high esteem, his first loyalty is to the Edo masses. They are the ones whose mandate he carries and they always come first.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Bride Who Looked Sad On Wedding Day, Goes On Honeymoon, Kisses Hubby Happily
- Senior Police Officers: 3 AIGs promoted to DIGs, 4 CPs to AIGs
- Drunk Nigerian Governor’s Son Crushes 6 Persons In Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos)
- IG of Police Can Be Jailed for Seizing Dino Melaye's Passport?
- 3 Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photos)
- Skye Bank’s fall: The Inside story
- Can Atiku revives Nigeria’s struggling economy
- Missing General: Update On The Army's Actions
- Pretty Lady Goes Missing Just One Week To Her Wedding
- Ooni Of Ife Celebrates His 44th Birthday In Style (Photos)
- MUSON to host 22nd Music Festival
- Spain falls, Eagles Soar: Ighalo shares fate with Sterling
- Alexx Ekubo, IK Ogbonna collaborate with other celebs on a PVC awareness program
- Mafikizolo features Wizkid, Yemi Alade
- Chelsea vs Manchester United: What Sarri must know about Mourinho before match day
- Why 2 EPL players will never forgive Sergio Ramos
- What every woman must know about their bra
- Dining, managing your High Blood Pressure: drinks, foods to shun
- Proper treatment for mouth odour
- 7 ways of keeping a healthy erection
- ‘Cultist’ Threatens To ‘Kill’ Lagos DPO
- Court Stops APC From Sending Delta Cndidates’ List To INEC
- "My Brother Was Tortured By Lagos Police To Coma"
- See Properties EFCC Said They Traced To Fayose; to seek order for total forfeiture
- Lady Shares Her Robbery Experience In Lagos Traffic (Photos)
- "We Won't Accept It" - Labour reacts to "No Work, No Pay"
- Djinee recovers from serious auto crash
- Secret of Ighalo’s goal scoring form
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Atiku Commiserates With Abia Pipeline Explosion Victims, Donates N10million
- Assassination? Innoson Chairman Lawyer Shot 3 Times (Pics)
- Akpabio Warns Saraki: Resign Now Or We Force You Out
- EFCC To Detain Fayose For 2 More Weeks... he's suing them
- Presidency Threatens Labour: Henceforth, No Work, No Pay If You Go On Strike
- APC Headquarters Sets For Showdown With INEC Today
- Notorious Ritual Agents Who Dig Out Corpses Nabbed
- "I No Gree"; Gov Amosun Rejects Abiodun As APC Candidate
- Ohanaeze Endorses Peter Obi As Atiku's VP
- Fayose – 1, EFCC – 0: The Saga Continues
- Bribe Video: Ganduje's Commissioner Defends Him, Says They Do It In Abuja and Other States