The baby, abandoned in the forest, was picked at about 6am by one Duff Ibanga of Umuota village in the community.
The rescuer said the baby’s cries drew his attention while passing through the area, adding that after picking the baby, he quickly reported the matter to the police.
“The baby is now with the police; I wanted to take him to a church but I later changed my mind to avoid problems”, he said.
The spokesperson for the police in the state, Mr Haruna Mohammed, confirmed the incident to our correspondent.
He said the baby had been handed over to a motherless babies home for safe keeping.
Mohammed added, “At about 0600hrs, one Duff Ibanga male of Umuota Village Obosi brought to Obosi Division a six-month-old baby alleged to have been abandoned in a bush along Idemili Junction road Obosi.
“The scene was visited by police detectives attached to juvenile and welfare unit of the division. The case is under investigation to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident and effort is ongoing to trace the biological mother of the baby.”
Mohammed urged members of the public with useful information that could assist in tracing the parents of the child to report at Obosi Police Division.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Quitting Super Eagles: Uncovering why Victor Moses takes a bow, premature departure
- Breaking: Victor Moses retires
- Kante: ‘World Cup achievements, beyond my dreams’
- Saraki considers running against Buhari in 2019
- Arthur, the new Barcelona’s Xavi Hernandez
- Ramos mocks Jurgen Klopp’s record in cup finals
- Eden Hazard verus Mesut Ozil ahead of EPL clash
- Guendouzi: Arsenal can win EPL title
- Give us courts to develop beach soccer— Nimrod begs el-Rufai
- Osinbajo to meet NFF President over crisis
- 018 NYG: Team Oyo picks 4 slots at S/west zonal eliminations
- INEC Chairman Presents 2019 INEC Budget To Senate (Photos)
- Landlord Who Led Armed Robbers To Rob Neighbour Arrested
- INEC to feed police with N6bn in 2019 polls
- Experts worry over rising cyber security poverty line in Nigeria
- Driver crushes LASTMA officer
- GTBank to increase loan book by 10%
- Zinedine Zidane is replacing one of the Manchester Clubs
- Student Who Scored 364 In JAMB Receives N5m Cash (Photo)
- Presidency Speaks On Buhari Extending 10-day London Vacation
- SARS Caught "Extorting Passengers" Despite Osinbajo's Order
- Female Corper Knocked Down By Reckless Driver In Lagos
- Story Of Abuja Wild Forest Where "All Kinds Of Things" Happen
- Oil prices down by 13% over growing US crude inventories
- MTN secures N200bn loan from Diamond bank, 11 others
- Pastor's Wife Attacked For Brutalizing Her Little Maid (Maid)
- Kemi Adeosun's Certificate: SERAP Drags NYSC Boss To Court
- Fraudster Impersonating Nollywood Actor To Defraud People Arrested In Lagos
- 2019: Tinubu tackles Obasanjo
- Police lost 15 operatives to Bandits in two months; families demand compensation
- Investors panic as prices of Bitcoin, others plummet
- Nigeria’s inflation drops again in July
- Update On How 35 Died As Bridge Collapsed In Italy (Photos)
- Buhari To Take Action On New DSS Boss and Daura
- Thief Arrested While Preparing Pepper Soup With Stolen Goat
- The Leadership In Nigeria Today Has Lost Focus - IBB
- 2019: I’m not desperate to be President – Atiku
- Tension in Abuja: US Embassy shuts Visa, Consular Services indefinitely
- Odili, Ekpu @ 70: Of patriarchs and their progenies
- Minister’s certificate forgery scam: SERAP sues NYSC over failure to publish Adeosun’s ‘exemption certificate’