By Festus Ahon
ASABA – THE Executive Director, Projects, EDP of the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, Engr Samuel Adjogbe, has bagged the Rotary International Club award for his numerous contributions to the development of society.
Rotary International is a humanitarian organization made up of Professionals, World Leaders, Businessmen/women of various backgrounds, coming together to do good in the world with over 33,000 clubs in all continents of the world.
The award was presented to Engr Samuel Adjogbe by President of Rotary International Club, Airfield, Port-Harcourt, during the 5th President Installation and Community Service Projects Unveiling Ceremony.
Presenting the award at the well attended ceremony held in Port-Harcourt, President of the Rotary International Club in the area, Mr Mudiaga Iyomi said the award was in recognition of the recipient’s contribution to the development of the society.
Noting that Engr Samuel Adjogbe has over the years assisted the less privileged in the society, Yomi said the humanitarian services of the NDDC EDP were unprecedented and unequalled.
Receiving the award, Engr Samuel Ajogbe thanked the Rotary International Club for the award, dedicating it to President Mohammadu Buhari whom he said was doing much in the Niger Delta region through the NDDC to alleviate the sufferings of the people of the region.
Adjogbe who was represented by his Special Assistant, Mr Arnold Bassey and Mr Ochuko Kanuhor, said the NDDC as an interventionist agency, would continue to embark on projects that would impact positively on the lives of Niger Deltans.
He said “the All Progressive Congress, APC led Federal Government mean well for Nigerians”, calling on Nigerians to re-elect President Mohammadu Buhari in 2019 to enable him complete the good work he has set out to do in the country.
Stressing on the importance of charity and selflessness to mankind, he expressed his readiness to continue to contribute to the well being of the less privileged and development of the society.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Giwa didn’t win any election— Jones-Ere
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City ‘cannot buy class’
- Lionel Messi’s brother sentenced for possessing illegal firearm.
- D’Tigress bury hatchet; focus on World Cup preparation
- Lawmaker calls for NASS budget probe under Saraki
- Doctor convicted of sexual assault of patient gets probation
- Defection: Tambuwal govt in disarray as oath taking scatters administration
- Nigerian top runner hails Lagos Media Marathon
- EFCC opens fresh probe of Saraki
- 2019: PDP at crossroads
- Nigeria envoy wants citizens banned from Saudi Arabia
- Nigeria’s economy still struggling, says expert
- House deputy Speaker fumes, states position on defection from APC
- Yinka Ayefele’s FM Continues Broadcasting Despite Demolition
- See How A Female Soldier Brutalize Her Househelp In Lagos
- FIFA Ban : Who can save Nigeria from herself ?
- Oyo state government demolishes Yinka Ayefele’s radio station
- FCMB staff abscond with N500m customers’ deposits
- Buhari writes to NASS, threatens to jail anybody found corrupt
- Buhari’s Kinsmen Pressurising Him To Reinstate Sacked Daura — Junaid Mohammed
- Police Headquarters To Conduct Psychiatric Test On SARS
- Craziest thing I’ve done was slapping my father – Femi Adebayo
- Killer Herdsmen Engage Soldiers In Heavy Shoot Out
- PHOTOS: Yinka Ayefele's Building Demolished By Oyo Government
- Okorocha Facing Tough Times In Bid For His Son-in-Law
- I am not happy taking key players to foreign clubs –Coach Boboye
- I want NPFL to kick off —Coach Fidelis
- Kada City James Joseph, 3 others jet out for trials in Dubai, Turkey
- Club owners , others storm Imo for Heartland FC boss
- Wilder ready for Fury this year
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Top Tips For Pregnant Travellers
- Female Presidential aspirant, Eunice Atuejide suspended by party over "corruption"
- Nigerian Who Escaped Death Penalty In Malaysia, Re-Arrested
- Sad Tales Of Delta Schoolgirls Lured Into Pros-titution In Lagos
- Buhari Returns To Aso Rock, Moves To Take Action On Daura
- Where there are women, there will be evil – Actress Liz Anjorin
- Saraki, Dogara Plan Joint Session To Avert Impeachment?
- Tears Of Nigerian Journalists: The Gory Tales Under Buhari
- NRA promotion exam holds