By Festus Ahon
ASABA – THE Executive Director, Projects, EDP of the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, Engr Samuel Adjogbe, has bagged the Rotary International Club award for his numerous contributions to the development of society.
Rotary International is a humanitarian organization made up of Professionals, World Leaders, Businessmen/women of various backgrounds, coming together to do good in the world with over 33,000 clubs in all continents of the world.
The award was presented to Engr Samuel Adjogbe by President of Rotary International Club, Airfield, Port-Harcourt, during the 5th President Installation and Community Service Projects Unveiling Ceremony.
Presenting the award at the well attended ceremony held in Port-Harcourt, President of the Rotary International Club in the area, Mr Mudiaga Iyomi said the award was in recognition of the recipient’s contribution to the development of the society.
Noting that Engr Samuel Adjogbe has over the years assisted the less privileged in the society, Yomi said the humanitarian services of the NDDC EDP were unprecedented and unequalled.
Receiving the award, Engr Samuel Ajogbe thanked the Rotary International Club for the award, dedicating it to President Mohammadu Buhari whom he said was doing much in the Niger Delta region through the NDDC to alleviate the sufferings of the people of the region.
Adjogbe who was represented by his Special Assistant, Mr Arnold Bassey and Mr Ochuko Kanuhor, said the NDDC as an interventionist agency, would continue to embark on projects that would impact positively on the lives of Niger Deltans.
He said “the All Progressive Congress, APC led Federal Government mean well for Nigerians”, calling on Nigerians to re-elect President Mohammadu Buhari in 2019 to enable him complete the good work he has set out to do in the country.
Stressing on the importance of charity and selflessness to mankind, he expressed his readiness to continue to contribute to the well being of the less privileged and development of the society.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- People who sleep less risk heart disease – Report
- Banks to experience low interest income in 2019
- Tbills, bonds drive 49% Fixed income & currency market turnover in 2018
- President Buhari Decorates New Inspector General of Police
- Airtel in Talks to Buy Telkom
- 2019: PDP appoints Ekweremadu, Lamido, Dogara Makarfi Technical Advisers to Atiku
- How North dominates Justices of Court of Appeal under Buhari
- 2019: Buhari appoints new Police IG
- 2019: Why, who Korede Bello, Jide Kosoko, Iyanya, Joke Silva and DJ Jimi Jatt are voting for
- Voluntary Group endorses Sanwolu
- Why Musicians must vote for me – Sanwo-Olu
- Is Veteran Nollywood actor, Kanayo O. Kanayo, still run for a seat in the House Of Representatives?
- Olamide follows Ambode’s footstep over Sanwo-Olu
- Physically challenged person sends Access Bank an emotional message
- Lagos Guber debate: ICT, security, education, others take centre stage
- Erratic power, high interest rate, undermined business performance in 2018 — CBN
- NDLEA maintains stand on Kashamu’s extradition
- Chelsea charged with racist behavior by UEFA for supporters’ chants
- Lloris: Spurs ready to fight for titles without Kane
- De Gea sets terms for new Manchester United deal
- Klopp’s second chance with Sadio Mane
- Cavani hints at retirement at end of PSG contract in 2020
- Pep not happy with Ederson Midfield role Vs. Wolves
- Beyond Brexit: Nigeria wants a new trade deal with Britain
- Ekweremmadu debunks isolation from PDP presidential campaign
- Onnoghen Arraignment reflects Buhari, APC Desperation To Win Elections – PDP
- Buhari appoints New Inspector-General of Police
- Ohanaeze warns Buhari, APC over CJN Onnoghen
- Okonkwo’s Attacks on the Atikus: Hand of Esau But Voice of Jacob
- Tension as Army commence Operation Python Dance 111 in Lagos
- Atiku to Military: Your sacrifices are immeasurable
- Opposition party celebrates retirement of IG with birthday cake
- Tenant arraigned for beating up landlord
- U20 AFCON: Aigbogun to release final list next week
- Okorocha’s second party adopts Atiku
- SERAP tells Buhari to order AGF to take complaints against CJN Onnoghen to NJC
- 2019: Most ingenious method of vote buying uncovered
- Onnoghen: Industrial court issues order
- GENCOS threaten to shut down power generation
- Plateau United denies attack on centre referee