– Gun battle between policemen and the kidnappers erupt in Hayi area of Kaduna
– An eyewitness says the kidnappers escaped after gunning down four policemen
Four policemen have been reportedly killed following a gun battle with suspected kidnappers in Hayi area of Kaduna state on Saturday, August 11.
Residents in Karshen Kwalta, Hayi, told NAIJ.com correspondent that the gun battle between the police and the hoodlums caused panic in the area.
They said the policemen who were dispatched from Abuja entered Hayi bush in an attempt to arrest and free some people and cattle being held by unknown gunmen.
The residents said the gun battle between the police and the suspected kidnappers began in the bush but that the gunmen overpowered and pushed back the policemen to the town.
An eyewitness who does not want his identity revealed said the kidnappers escaped after gunning down four policemen.
There were no casualties from the side of the kidnapper at the time of writing this report.
But an insider told our correspondent that the police will reinforce and go after the kidnappers again anytime soon.
The Kaduna police command has not yet made any official statement about the incident.
Meanwhile, in another report, the bye-election to fill the vacant seat in the Lokoja-Kogi federal constituency which started on a peaceful note on Saturday, August 11, was later marred by violence, vote buying and intimidation in Lokoja.
A News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) correspondent monitoring reported that the election was marred by political thugs going from one polling unit to another to perpetrate fraud.
Although policemen and other security agents were seen at the police stations, they looked the other way, while thugs terrorised people.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Saraki attends launch of Trump’s Africa Strategy in US
- Flying Eagles turn back Ghana, reach WAFU Cup semi finals
- Who owns Nigeria football? The investor or the promoter? —Wale Ajayi
- Barewa to face Cowrie at Rugby President Cup final
- Arowolo quits 3SC for politics
- NRA ultimate goal is for Nigeria Referees to officiate at World Cup–Azeez
- Uche Okagbue becomes head coach of FC Ifeanyi Ubah
- Buhari wants teachers’ retirement age raised
- Brilliant Female Graduates Break 21-Year Record At Obafemi Awolowo University
- Donald Duke's Running Mate, Junaid Mohammed Quits
- Mother & 15yrs Old Daughter Sleeping With Ex-Commissioner... he has been arrested over the girl's pregnancies, abortions
- Dunamis Church Donates Relief Materials To IDPs
- PDP alleges plans by FG to cripple PDP-controlled states
- Senate Confirms Keyamo, other nominees for NDIC Board
- Environment Minister, Ibrahim Jubril Resigns
- Kogi legislator loses seat for defecting to PDP
- Ambode is my Politician of the Year – Shettima
- More troubles for Trump as court jails associate for fraud
- NB Plc to apologise over misleading information on product
- Husband, Wife, Mother-in-law Arraigned For Stealing N2.4m
- Ex-SGF Babachir In Aso Rock, 13 Months After Sack
- Beautiful Pre-wedding Photos Of A Sailor & His Fiancée
- 24 Yahoo Boys Busted By EFCC Arraigned In Court (Photos)
- Aisha Buhari Hosts Nigerian Entertainers In Aso Rock (Photos)
- Shock As Woman Is Caught Trying To Behead Her Daughter In Delta (Photos)
- Driver Who Absconded With Boss' Vehicle Busted
- First Gold Refinery In Nigeria Coming Up
- Polytechnic Lecturers Begin Indefinite Strike
- See Ammunitions Soldiers Recover From Gunrunners
- FIRS Generates N5trn So Far In 2018, Sets Take Break Record
- Woman Cries After Man Brings Police To Take Over Her Father's House A Week After His Death
- You Were Handpicked To Contest - Jimi Agbaje tells Sanwo-Olu
- My Wife Died During A Fight In My Dream, says man seeking for divorce in Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- APC Will Pay Dearly For Stopping Me - Minister Adebayo Shittu
- Fresh Graduate Waiting for NYSC Stabbed to Death by Girlfriend
- APC Won't Have Candidates In Rivers; Appeal Court Confirms
- 'I Thought Breast Cancer Is For Only Rich People Until It Hit Me'
- APC, PDP Reps Clash over Buhari's Refusal to Sign Electoral Bill
- Good Man Tortured By Police For Trying To Free Extortion Victim In Lagos