Emulate Former Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio, Resign Now, Kwara State APC Tells Golden Son Of Ilorin AKA Senate President Bukola Saraki
The party made the call in a statement by the Chairman, Caretaker Committee of the party, Mr Bashir Bolarinwa, on Saturday in Ilorin.
Bolarinwa said Saraki should tow the path of honour and relinquish the office of the Senate President exclusively reserved for the party with majority members in the Senate.
“Members of the hallowed chamber must be truly distinguished in character and conduct.
“The path of honour was led by Distinguished Senator Godswill Akpabio who, before defecting to ruling party, had honorably resigned as the leader of the minority party in the Senate.
“So Saraki should act honorably resign from that office of trust. He should for once tow the path of honour and stop heating up the polity unduly,” he added.
According to Bolarinwa, any politician holding elective office, hold such in trust for the electorate and must be accountable to the people.
“Rather than towing the path of honour, Saraki had apparently tried unsuccessfully to incite the unsuspecting public against the Federal Government, through series of drama in the recent time,” NAN quoted him as saying.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- The President and His Wife
- Boko Haram: Between Buhari’s Amnesty And The Lives of Our Soldiers
- Adorable Photos Of Buhari & Wife, Aisha Melt Hearts
- Donald Duke Reacts After Court Sacked Him As Presidential Candidate Of SDP
- Woman Murders Neighbour's Son In Lagos, Dumps His Corpse In Toilet To Punish Dad (Photos)
- Woman Whose Husband Kill Their 4 Kids & Himself Opens Up
- Ivorian Football Federation appeal to court
- Mourinho in bizarre Liverpool spending rant
- Super Falcons grateful to NFF for fulfilling promises
- Supersand Eagles hold firm to World Cup ticket as Senegal rule Africa
- Two Borca fans assassinates River plate supporter
- Paulo Futre to Barca: Dembele needs a girlfriend
- Umtiti, Barca in operation deadlock
- Chellini: Icardi, one of my toughest opponent
- Ronaldo: I hope to do business with Pique soon
- Pires: I have played with Zidane, Henry but Messi is extraordinary
- Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: Jeremi to say his side of story before general elections
- 5 tactical questions ahead of Liverpool versus Man Utd
- Move To Override Buhari On Electoral Bill Begins?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- CAN Dissolves Elders' Forum Over Claims Of 'N40m Gift' From President Buhari
- Yahoo Boy & Wife Busted In Their Home; SUV, Others Recovered
- Osinbajo, Peter Obi's Top Positions At The VP Debate Yesterday
- Inflation Increases To 11.28% Due To Higher Food Prices
- Husband Slashes Wife's Head Because Of Another Woman
- You're Making Empty Threats - APC replies Buhari's man, Shittu
- Female Judge In 'Fraud' Mess, Justice Ajumogobis Collapses In Court
- Retired Deputy Police Commissioner, Wife Shot Dead
- Police Officer Who Leads A Robbery Gang Exposed In Lagos As Gang Member Confesses
- Fayose Mobbed As He Returns To Ekiti (Photos)
- Woman Shares Scary Experience During Flight To Enugu As Plane Nearly Crashed (Photos)
- Why we retained fuel subsidy – Osinbajo
- 10 biggest news stories in Nigeria in 2018, according to Google Trends
- The 11 Best Movies Coming Out in December
- The fall of Man Utd XI
- Court fixes February for bench ruling on Magu’s N5bn libel suit
- Nigeria’s first gold refinery construction begins
- Nigeria sues Shell, Eni $1.1b over Malabu oil license
- Buhari okays 65-year retirement age for teachers
- Preparing our children for the changing nature of work—it’s gigs not jobs in the 21st century