– INEC presiding officer in veterinary polling unit, Faiza Mohammed, says turnout of women for the Bauchi south senatorial by-election was impressive
– Four women decline to comment after chanting campaign slogans of President Buhari while casting vote in the poll
– Intimidation ballot snatching reportedly mar Kogi bye-election
Some female voters at a polling unit in Bauchi caused a stir when each of them kissed her ballot paper and shouted “Sai Baba” before casting her vote.
Their action raised suspicions that the women might have mistaken the Bauchi south senatorial by-election for the forthcoming general election, which will feature President Muhammadu Buhari as a contestant.
“Sai Baba” is the common phrase used by supporters of President Buhari while campaigning for him.
The women declined to comment when contacted by NAN.
The presiding officer in charge of the polling unit, Faiza Mohammed, however said turnout of women was impressive, with some of them, over-enthusiastic.
“The women are very excited and eager to cast their votes; some of them were kissing their ballot papers and shouting ‘sai Baba’ before casting their votes.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
“I do not know which ‘Baba’ they are referring to,” she said.
Meanwhile, the bye-election to fill the vacant seat in the Lokoja-Kogi federal constituency which started on a peaceful note on Saturday, August 11, was later marred by violence, vote buying and intimidation in Lokoja.
Although policemen and other security agents were seen at the police stations, they looked the other way, while thugs terrorised people.
At the polling unit at Paparanda Square, voting could not hold as thugs invaded the venue, snatching election materials and beating up people queuing to vote.
The same scenario played out at polling units at Mary Primary School, Karaworo, Adnakolo and Crowther Secondary School, where thugs also disrupted voting.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari and Ambode At The ECOWAS Border Post (Photos)
- Scam Uncovered In Federal Civil Service Commission Abuja
- Oshiomhole Begs Court: Reject Suit Seeking To Probe Me For Corruption
- $8.1bn scandal: CBN working with MTN to resolve crisis- Minister
- Saraki's Candidate for Kwara, Razak Atunwa Reacts To NYSC Certificate "Forgery" Saga
- Good Man Beaten To Death While Trying To Stop Hoodlum From R*ping A Woman
- Presidency In Panic Over Mass Defections of APC Men In Kano
- PHOTO: 9 Die In Fatal Accident On Lagos/Ibadan Expressway
- Female Corper Gets Apology From Principal Who Flogged Her; he says it was just anger
- Abuja Rail Can't Speed Above 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi
- Jonathan Invites Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku To Launch
- Man Turns Neighbour’s 16-Year-Old Daughter To S*x Slave
- APC Lied, We Didn’t Take Zamfara List From Them – INEC
- TEARS! Mother & Her 2 Kids, Others Perish In Terrible Accident
- Pjanic: CR7 learned simplicity from scholes
- Hamilton’s fifth title on hold as Raikkonen shocks star to victory
- Chelsea player’s must must ease burden on hazard, Willian admits
- Good Luck to Real & Barca in signing Neymar – Marquinhos
- Sarri: Chelsea Fans must respect Mourinho
- Isco: We can’t cry over Cristiano
- Barcelona President: Neymar is not welcomed
- Iniesta leaves NIKE, signs with ASCIS
- Ranked! Top 10 EPL goalkeeper’s
- Federer reveals long-standing hand injury
- Blood Flows As Fight Breaks Out At A Popular Nigerian Bar In Ghana (Graphic Photos)
- DSS Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu's Escape
- Buhari's Friend & DG of VON, Osita Okechukwu hits Oshiomhole
- President Buhari Arrives in Lagos
- Ogun APC: Amosun draws battle line with Tinubu, others
- Truck accidents hurt Nigeria’s economy–Report
- DSS fighting to clear self over Kanu’s escape allegation
- Why Is Buhari Always Protecting "Corrupt" NHIS Boss?
- Supreme Court Hits Hard On APC
- Inspector General of Police's Candidate For DIG Rejected
- Ekweremadu Fights Saraki? To Work For APC, Presidency
- Why Court Order Nigeria Police To Pay Charly Boy N50mllion
- Faces of Men Arrested for Attempted Murder of Lagos Lawyer
- Peter Obi Speaks On Igbo Leaders Position On His Nomination
- Pastors, Imams Will Associate With Politicians, Criticise When Necessary - Cardinal Okogie replies Buhari